D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage

D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage

There are 922 comments on the WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh story from Dec 3, 2013, titled D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage. In it, WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh reports that:

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh.

Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#977 Jan 30, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I use the tax preparation services from a local non-profit to file my taxes and receive my EITC.
So now we know that not only are you a loser who cannot support themselves but you are also raising a future generation of losers to live off the productive in this country. At least your consistent.
Joe

Toledo, OH

#978 Jan 30, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>So now we know that not only are you a loser who cannot support themselves but you are also raising a future generation of losers to live off the productive in this country. At least your consistent.
What? I'm single with no children. I qualify for a tax credit.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#979 Jan 30, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I'm single with no children. I qualify for a tax credit.
I'm sure that you believe that you qualify for quite a lot.

“Any man who is satisfied to be fed by another man rather than by the honest sweat of his own brow should be shot.”
Mark Twain.
Joe

Toledo, OH

#980 Jan 30, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure that you believe that you qualify for quite a lot.

“Any man who is satisfied to be fed by another man rather than by the honest sweat of his own brow should be shot.”
Mark Twain.
I simply utilize the federal and state programs available to me. If I was paid a living wage with real hours I would not qualify. However, because the 1% is greedy and refuses to share profits through ethical and fair wages I must depend upon the state to help improve my quality of life.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#981 Jan 30, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply utilize the federal and state programs available to me. If I was paid a living wage with real hours I would not qualify. However, because the 1% is greedy and refuses to share profits through ethical and fair wages I must depend upon the state to help improve my quality of life.
You simply have no problem living off the labors of others. Given that you seem to have no problem with others being forced to support you, I doubt that in any reality that you would be an exemplary employee. Rather you appear to be the sort who would look to skirt your responsibilities any way you could all the while attempting to blame your employer/supervisor for your lack of productivity. So in real terms you are most likely over paid at your current rate. This would also explain why with your lengthy credentials ( at least according to you), that you still cannot find gainful employment. I would have to believe that prospective employers see the same in you that I do.

You mean the 1% who risked their own money to build a career, a company and a future, who because of their business savvy are now able to provide employment for others to earn a living, are not willing to just hand you what they themselves had to work for?

The fact that you have no shame in your dependence on the productive in this country speaks volumes about you. Given your attitude, you will always be the dog in the yard dependent on your masters to provide your a box to sleep in and food in your bowl. SAD!
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#982 Jan 30, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
He would have got the degenerate liberal vote though.
Look no further than mark sanford or mattress mary fallin, to name 2, for your degenerate con base.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#983 Jan 30, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a fool like you would oppose the EITC. It rewards low-income Americans for working.
And you need help everyday getting to work. It's called a state road and traffic signals that help prevent accidents.
It rewards?One of my next door neighbors a few years back never worked,had three kids,received all the little Gov goodies and was still able to get 5500 refund.She was very capable of working but chose to stay home.She did not deserve a dime of that refund,nor do you.
Joe

Toledo, OH

#985 Jan 30, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>It rewards?One of my next door neighbors a few years back never worked,had three kids,received all the little Gov goodies and was still able to get 5500 refund.She was very capable of working but chose to stay home.She did not deserve a dime of that refund,nor do you.
Oh, so we should shut down the EITC program because you spied on your neighbor and made the judgement that she was not trying to find work. Yeah.... Okay.... LOL. Are you people for real?
Chicopee

New Fairfield, CT

#986 Jan 30, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
He keeps reminding everyone whenever he gets a chance. His dipping his stick into another woman behind his wife's back, would've lost him the biblebanger vote. Although, today, that's becoming routine and will not be an issue, in the future of conservatism(cough).
Well, that sort of behavior didn't hurt Clinton's popularity, either. Most of us would vote him back into office if we could, so what was your point??
truth facts

Delaware, OH

#987 Jan 30, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so we should shut down the EITC program because you spied on your neighbor and made the judgement that she was not trying to find work. Yeah.... Okay.... LOL. Are you people for real?
Spy on her,she bragged about it.There has been billions in fraud regarding your precious EITC program.Who pays for that fraud?Apparently you pay no taxes because your not outraged about this, Another low life,gimmie,gimmie,gimmie lazy a$$ bum.
Joe

Toledo, OH

#988 Jan 31, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Spy on her,she bragged about it.There has been billions in fraud regarding your precious EITC program.Who pays for that fraud?Apparently you pay no taxes because your not outraged about this, Another low life,gimmie,gimmie,gimmie lazy a$$ bum.
Do you know anything about the EITC program? In the 1970s the EITC was introduced by conservative GOPers who believed that low-income wage earners with children should be rewarded to help alleviate poverty. Over the years the law has become very successful to the point of becoming a mini-economic stimulus in many communities. In recent years, Democrats and some moderate GOPers have advocated for expanding the EITC to include low-income single working adults.
truth facts

Delaware, OH

#989 Jan 31, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know anything about the EITC program? In the 1970s the EITC was introduced by conservative GOPers who believed that low-income wage earners with children should be rewarded to help alleviate poverty. Over the years the law has become very successful to the point of becoming a mini-economic stimulus in many communities. In recent years, Democrats and some moderate GOPers have advocated for expanding the EITC to include low-income single working adults.
I wasn't born yesterday Joseph.Like every other Gov program out there billions in fraudulent claims.Billions given to illegals.The story I told of my neighbor,she didn't deserve that money.What she needed was a swift kick in the pants to get off her lazy a$$.If the Gov provides everything for a household they should not get that money if they are NOT doing something for their community in return.I average 60 hours a week working and have to pay taxes every year.If your not following what I am saying then I take it that you condone behaviors like my ex-neighbors.You are the problem Joseph,not the solution.
Friends 420 Network

Holland Patent, NY

#990 Jan 31, 2014
Be on of the first to join our brand new network monthly contest to come chat rooms and much more don't miss out on this network.

Make sure you bring your Best Buds way more to come to this site great entertainment and more check us out now

http://friends420.us
Joe

Toledo, OH

#991 Jan 31, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't born yesterday Joseph.Like every other Gov program out there billions in fraudulent claims.Billions given to illegals.The story I told of my neighbor,she didn't deserve that money.What she needed was a swift kick in the pants to get off her lazy a$$.If the Gov provides everything for a household they should not get that money if they are NOT doing something for their community in return.I average 60 hours a week working and have to pay taxes every year.If your not following what I am saying then I take it that you condone behaviors like my ex-neighbors.You are the problem Joseph,not the solution.
I don't know the full story behind your neighbor. But understand, you have to work to qualify for an EITC. It's a good program that helps millions of Americans.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#992 Jan 31, 2014
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that sort of behavior didn't hurt Clinton's popularity, either. Most of us would vote him back into office if we could, so what was your point??
The point is, majjicjack runs around here with a do-no-wrong halo complex.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#993 Jan 31, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
He would have got the degenerate liberal vote though.
but not the clownservatives
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#994 Jan 31, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the full story behind your neighbor. But understand, you have to work to qualify for an EITC. It's a good program that helps millions of Americans.
She never worked a second but qualified for EITC.Who are you kidding?
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#995 Jan 31, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Joe would see the merits in this programs .... he relies on it. Joe bases what is good for the country on what Joe believes is good for Joe.
Joe

Toledo, OH

#996 Jan 31, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Of course Joe would see the merits in this programs .... he relies on it. Joe bases what is good for the country on what Joe believes is good for Joe.
I find the EITC to be helpful. And millions of Americans who qualify agree. As do tens of thousands of businesses who count on sales from EITC money. It's a win anyway you look at it.
Joe

Toledo, OH

#997 Jan 31, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>She never worked a second but qualified for EITC.Who are you kidding?
Like I said, I don't know the complete story. But people have a right to privacy. Whatever type of public assistance your neighbor receives is between her and her caseworker. It none of my business and it's none of your business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wal-Mart may re-examine Vallejo store (Feb '08) Jul 22 J lengua T toona 28
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jul 18 Sam 92
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... Jul 14 Hillary liar liar 110
News Opinions divided, politely, over gay pride marc... Jul 5 Logic Analysis 5
News 'A danger to wives and daughters': Petition to ... Apr '16 Mayor 12
News Wal-Mart opening slated for late summer Apr '16 Elmer 17
News Milton Mayor Gord Krantz poised to become the n... (Aug '14) Jan '16 tricky 13
More from around the web