Walmart finally coming to Westerville...

Walmart finally coming to Westerville | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 51 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 5, 2011, titled Walmart finally coming to Westerville | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

After a lawsuit in the past from other developers whose request to bring Walmart to Westerville were denied, the city opened its door to the retail chain tonight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jason

Columbus, OH

#45 Jul 6, 2011
Lousy tenant lists wrote:
Hadler seems like a nice enough guy, but his modus operandi is to own semi rundown shopping centers and fill in the cracks with C-list tenants. He lucked out years ago when Weiland's Gourmet Market located in his Indianola center in Clintonville, which also had the VofA thirft store, a weird little gym and a funky pizza place. He slapped a new facade on the buildings and drew this crappy, low-class "dollar store" to fill the remaining space. What an uninspiring tenant. Talk about drawing the dregs of society, and they even wander into Weiland's on occasion. Fortunately, after seeing the prices, they do not return.
So watch out for any open spaces in the center after Walmart opens. Look for off-brand nail salons, discount cigarette stores and used compact disc shops. A Chinese buffet won't be far behind.
At the end of the day, you Westerville residents will be begging him to expand the Walmart...
A Chinese Buffet and a Ca$H checking center! Yeppers, Westerville is coming of age! Bring it on - we need the jobs because "it's the economy, stupid."
Jason

Columbus, OH

#46 Jul 6, 2011
HYPERGFORCE wrote:
Westerville trys to think there better than the rest of us.Well clowns take a good look now.Walmart in your stuck up faces.
Now they need to build on in UA... those UA folks act like they don't shop it, but you see them there, you can follow them to Big Lots, Wally World, Dollar General... all too cheap to buy American so they can live all Uppity Alry!
Quincy

Columbus, OH

#47 Jul 6, 2011
The Mayans were wizards wrote:
Any little hardware store, yarn shop, craft shop, etc etc that is remotely close to a Wal Mart will be out of business very soon. Picture it in your mind like a Great White Shark eating a Goldfish, or Perch.
It's a "free market", right? If the little fish cannot compete, then they can go work for the shark!
Quincy

Columbus, OH

#48 Jul 6, 2011
Vncnz Kid wrote:
I think there should be a big Chinese Red flag in front of every Walmart along with a big "Albeit Mei Frei" signs above the entrance of this craphole which meant "work will set you free" the same signs that were at every gate of every nazi concentration camps during world war 2.
Thanks for proving Godwin's Law. Every Jew in central Ohio should be offended by this ignorant statement that diminishes the horror of the Nazi experience to low-wage retail. Jerk.
Heather

Columbus, OH

#49 Jul 6, 2011
Yay! I'm thrilled that shopping center will finally get a kick in the pants. It looks derelict as it stands and is a blight in Westerville.
Alinsky

Toledo, OH

#50 Jul 6, 2011
JOBSLMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistics have proved this for years. It is really not debatable.
http://pubadvocate.nyc.gov/news/2011-01-11/ne...
Sure, UNION statistics. Give me a break, freeloader.
Vncnz Kid

Stow, OH

#51 Jul 6, 2011
Quincy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a "free market", right? If the little fish cannot compete, then they can go work for the shark!
Yje so called "free market" is nothing more than social darwanism. Where if the more powerful entities can destroy the middle class and create a banana republic out of this country where 1to 2% of the population controls the other 98% and keep the masses dumb and brainwashed and turn this country into a third world rathole these olygarch will be delighted!
Vncnz Kid

Stow, OH

#52 Jul 6, 2011
Quincy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving Godwin's Law. Every Jew in central Ohio should be offended by this ignorant statement that diminishes the horror of the Nazi experience to low-wage retail. Jerk.
low wage retail in the richest country in the world is a horror and having been born in Europe I can tell you that Jews were not the only one in those camps. I did not mean to offend anyone just to make a strong point of what this rapacious company operates like.
The Mayans were wizards

Pickerington, OH

#53 Jul 6, 2011
Quincy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope only in fairy tales. In the real world the little fish get eaten by the shark and they die.
daveh

Naperville, IL

#54 Jul 7, 2011
I'm still waiting ... name the "Mom and Pop" stores, or even describe those stores if you can't name them, located in the immediate surrounding area, that will be affected in any way, shape or form by this Walmart that's 60% of the size of a Walmart supercenter.

I live in the area. There are NONE. This Walmart will not compete with anything or anybody. The only thing people would have to be concerned about is the possibility of some increased traffic. The rest of the comments is complete ignorance from people who don't even live in that area.
Vncnz Kid

Stow, OH

#55 Jul 8, 2011
Quincy wrote:
<quoted text>
The so called "free market capitalism" unlike what Kudlow says on cnbc is NOT the path to prosperity. It is only for those who are powerful enough to "game" the system. CrapMart knows that very well. Success in this country at the present day is accomplished not by the so called "work ethic" but by being the best liar, cheater, thief, manipulator, and know who to bribe on a large scale. Screw the free market

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jun 20 Marie R 74
News Wal-Mart opening slated for late summer Jun 20 kiel duh cumspunj 19
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... May 29 Cloudy View 109
News 'A danger to wives and daughters': Petition to ... Apr '16 Mayor 12
News Milton Mayor Gord Krantz poised to become the n... (Aug '14) Jan '16 tricky 13
News GOP lawmakers want exemptions for gay marriage ... Jan '16 Jonah1 19
News Lawmakers nationwide seek exemptions for gay ma... Jan '16 Belles Echoes 16
More from around the web