Philippines Asia's Strongest Performi...

Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

There are 6062 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy. In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

Joules

Arlington, TX

#6388 Aug 1, 2013
2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! You act as if you and everyone else didn't already know that the Philippines is well known for its sex industry. You find bliss in your ignorance.
And so does Thailand. So by the same logic, Thailand too has WMDs in the form of prostitutes with STDs? Pls post something that's more intelligent instead of simply trolling. It doesn't show your good side.
Joules

Arlington, TX

#6389 Aug 1, 2013
Bogensexpat wrote:
strongest economy my ass, they obviously makes more money on prostitution than anything else there lol, denial is the right word for pignoys
Ph comes second to Thailand in that category.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6390 Aug 1, 2013
Bogensexpat wrote:
strongest economy my ass, they obviously makes more money on prostitution than anything else there lol, denial is the right word for pignoys
Hey Bogardhog,why are you bothered??? So you're another kerb crawler making prostitution as your defense? If you believe Indonesia is better then let it be; but the strongest economy is just a prediction...it might come true or not.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6391 Aug 1, 2013
2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! You act as if you and everyone else didn't already know that the Philippines is well known for its sex industry. You find bliss in your ignorance.
Another kerb crawler making sex industry as a defense. You're indeed blessed!
2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

#6394 Aug 2, 2013
Joules wrote:
<quoted text> And so does Thailand. So by the same logic, Thailand too has WMDs in the form of prostitutes with STDs? Pls post something that's more intelligent instead of simply trolling. It doesn't show your good side.
Haha. I just really like Filipina prostitutes so am most familiar with the Philippines. I know a couple of great bugaws that get me model quality Filipinas. I've been to Thailand but the whole transvestite thing creeps me out so I don't even want the hassle of trying to sort them out. Stop the hate and try a Filipina prostitute if you haven't yet.
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#6395 Aug 2, 2013
Joules wrote:
<quoted text>Ph comes second to Thailand in that category.
well i thought it goes first
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#6396 Aug 2, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bogardhog,why are you bothered??? So you're another kerb crawler making prostitution as your defense? If you believe Indonesia is better then let it be; but the strongest economy is just a prediction...it might come true or not.
nah since they're talking about it anyway hahahaha and enjoying it, just bumping in there
2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

#6397 Aug 2, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Another kerb crawler making sex industry as a defense. You're indeed blessed!
Lol. I don't care to defend anything. I have nothing but admiration for Filipina prostitutes. There's no shame in that. I treat and pay them well and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#6398 Aug 2, 2013
PepeLeFeux wrote:
<quoted text>
oh well, we still have plentiful of Chinese masseuse and prostitutes in North America, and more in Europe. They are remnants from China's recent past and did send home money to China to support their poor relatives then.
Wow! Thanks for the information.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6399 Aug 2, 2013
2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I don't care to defend anything. I have nothing but admiration for Filipina prostitutes. There's no shame in that. I treat and pay them well and I encourage everyone to do the same.
that's a real Kerb Crawler!
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6400 Aug 2, 2013
Bogensexpat wrote:
<quoted text>
nah since they're talking about it anyway hahahaha and enjoying it, just bumping in there
. If you go into a situation knowing that it's not laughable, it'll help you maintain a more serious demeanor.

and if you're not adding insults to more insults, then the World will be a better place to live in...
2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

#6401 Aug 2, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a real Kerb Crawler!
Not at all. I just call my bugaw to bring 3 to 5 Filipina prostitutes and meet me at a club for me to select from. You won't find any quality Filipinas from kerb crawling.
joules

Plano, TX

#6402 Aug 2, 2013
2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. I just really like Filipina prostitutes so am most familiar with the Philippines. I know a couple of great bugaws that get me model quality Filipinas. I've been to Thailand but the whole transvestite thing creeps me out so I don't even want the hassle of trying to sort them out. Stop the hate and try a Filipina prostitute if you haven't yet.
Funny you mentioned that, on my last trip to Phatphong, my German friend ended up bringing to his hotel a ladyboy without him knowing. With us asians its easier to detect one, told him next time to stick his hand underneath to make sure. Most of them working in the bar won't mind.
Bakulaw

Naracoorte, Australia

#6405 Aug 17, 2013
Zest Air banned, creates chaos
19th August 2013

OWING to numerous violations of the set safety standards, the operations of Zest Airways were ordered suspended Friday evening by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP). The suspension caused chaos as hundreds of passengers got stranded due to the order.

It was learned that CAAP officer-in-charge Capt. John Andrews had written airline chairman and owner Alfredo Yao saying it is alarmed by Zest Air’s “series of serious deviations and infractions of the rules and standards under the Philippine Civil Aviation Regulations” and thus suspended its Air Operator Certificate (AOC).

The ‘deficiencies’ cited as the grounds for suspension were the lack of qualified accountable manager; failure to check aircraft logs, flight manifest, weather, etc.; failure to present to the Authority the airman license (Aircraft Mechanic License) during ramp inspection that is non-conformance with PCAR 1.2.1.1; series of occurrences that affected several flights operations; refuelling with passengers on board involving RP-C8989, on August 14, 2013, which is non-conformance to PCAR 8.9.1.2 and excessive flight duty time case under the enforcement and legal service.

“As a consequence thereto, this Authority has constituted on July 31, 2013, a dedicated group of Airworthiness Inspectors tasked to conduct heightened monitoring and surveillance of your airline operations. In gist, the report submitted shows continuing violations of your airline on the safety standards set forth under the applicable PCARs, the details are hereby enclosed,” the letter said.

“This Agency is giving stress to the fact that since July 19, 2013, your airline has no Accountable Manager, in grave violation of Subsection 9.2.2.2,” it added.

The said suspension takes effect upon the airline’s receipt of the notice and will remain in force until the authority is assured that the airline has already undertaken all the necessary corrective actions and compliance with aviation safety standards. Only aircrafts which are inbound-Manila will be allowed to fly and then terminate the flight. NAIA terminal sources said chaos set in as the airline learned that its operations have been grounded, at around 5 p.m., causing some of the passengers who were caught by surprise to turn unruly.

It was learned that around seven flights scheduled to depart were affected as passengers who have important reasons for flying scrambled to rebook with other airlines at the last minute.

Efforts to get the side of Zest Air authorities proved futile.

SOURCE: Journal On Line
Andrez Lopez

El Paso, TX

#6406 Aug 18, 2013
Concerned_ wrote:
The Federal States of the Philippines will be catapulted to become one of the economic tigers of Asia which a couple of decades ago is called as 'the sick man of Asia'.
Every which way you look, the Federal States of the Philippines is on her way to real industrialization. Economic centers will be in every State of the 12 States of the Philippines, which means not only in Metro Manila where a company can put up a business. The Sultanate State of Sulu and Bangsamoro welcomes all businesses that could provide jobs to former rebels.
Chinese businesses are not welcome for they will only contaminate the whole Filipino business community due to their propensity to bribing government officials. All other countries are welcome to do business in the country.
What a joke!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6408 Aug 19, 2013
This info is false. Not even in the top5
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#6409 Aug 19, 2013
Filipino growth is based on consumption

ie OFW workers sending money home, lazy Filipino family spends money begs for more...

OFW worker works even harder at her manual labor job, at Mcdonalds

sends more money home... saves no money for herself...

except to buy a house in the Philippines...

eventually to retire and hope a family member goes to another country to work at a Mcdonalds there to send money to her

2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

#6410 Aug 19, 2013
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
Filipino growth is based on consumption
ie OFW workers sending money home, lazy Filipino family spends money begs for more...
OFW worker works even harder at her manual labor job, at Mcdonalds
sends more money home... saves no money for herself...
except to buy a house in the Philippines...
eventually to retire and hope a family member goes to another country to work at a Mcdonalds there to send money to her
That is pretty accurate except you forgot the Filipina OFWs that work as prostitutes. They make a lot of money - much more than even Filipino lawyers in the P.I. They are true patriots and its time for the Philippine government to legalize prostitution. They are heroes not criminals.
ojpkp

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

#6411 Aug 19, 2013
the problem with philippines is over-population and with their so called Catholic church

the stupid idea of Catholic church such as - masturbation is sin, contraceptive is sin, using of condomn is sin. killing sperm cell is sin.

so they does not use contraceptive pill, condomn and keeps on reproduce...thus poverty prevail...

sperm cell is not life yet, it is only a cell just like other body cell...unless it unite with the egg cell.....but their stupid catholic believe that killing sperm cell is a sin...

typical mentality of austronesian guy
Angelo

San Juan, Philippines

#6413 Aug 24, 2013
Austronesian guy, I'll proud of you to say truth about economy of the philippines in 2050.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asian Tsunami Disaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Multiple challenges remain to Fukushima nuclear... Oct '17 BDV 2
News Thousands of Fukushima evacuees face hardship a... (Jan '17) Feb '17 CANCERSIDASPANDAE... 66
News ACEH (SUMATERA) VS JAVANESE....who will win? (Jan '12) Jan '17 IBU SOPIAN 143
News Thailand: Sand and silence awaits (Jul '14) Jul '16 davidblack 2
News Power operating facility stronger, safer in fiv... (Apr '16) Apr '16 next problem 1
News Massive bloody tumors appearing ever more frequ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 BDV 2
News Nature Wages War: Tornadoes, Hurricanes and Tsu... (Apr '09) Jan '16 jeff 48
More from around the web