Two Hurt in Plane Crash

Written by Elizabeth Bishop , Senior Internet News Producer Two people were hurt this morning when the plane they were in crashed north of Highway 50 west of Placerville. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LILLY

San Francisco, CA

#1 Aug 30, 2007
I don't think I would be flying out of Cameron Park anytime soon. Thank God everyone was ok.
kfm

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Aug 30, 2007
Time to check the fuel that's being put into these planes.
Mxm

Olivehurst, CA

#3 Aug 30, 2007
Wow this is crazy. I used to live in a condo north of the runway. the thought would often cross my mind hoping they had enough power to clear my home. Makes me glad i dont live there anymore.
Bill Thorngate

Bakersfield, CA

#4 Aug 30, 2007
Ummm yeahhh, I think someone up there is trying to tell us something.
Linda

Sacramento, CA

#5 Aug 30, 2007
I live near the Cameron Park airport. I always worry one of those planes will crash into my home. This is too close.
Dave W

Auburn, CA

#6 Aug 30, 2007
LILLY wrote:
I don't think I would be flying out of Cameron Park anytime soon. Thank God everyone was ok.
I am thinking I would agree with you!
Chesters Must Die

Rancho Cordova, CA

#7 Aug 30, 2007
Typical... That airport was there LONG before most of the homes. I can already hear people yelling for the airport to close...
Robert Gary CFII

Sacramento, CA

#8 Aug 30, 2007
I'm an FAA Certified Flight Instructor and I teach and keep my plane at Cameron Park. I wont speculate on the cause of these accidents until the NTSB releases their report but I will say that the airport is very safe. The fact that this is front page news shows you how rare such accidents are. In fact I'll be flying my plane out of Cameron Park this weekend. You wouldn't stop using hwy 50 just because there was an accident on the freeway.
Jar

Oroville, CA

#9 Aug 30, 2007
For those who just hear about the news. We cant be so negative. Stuff happens, its not just the airport or the area where it is... It can be numerous things. Cameron Park is a wonderful place to live. Just because this town made news to your TV station, doesnt give any reason to be negative. I hear news from all different areas. I just think its unfortunate for the people involved. I live and work in the area where these planes crashed. My stomach turned, and I am very sad for the families who have to go thru such an event. But... it doesnt make me want to relocate. My thoughts are with those who suffer such a loss.
Pete

Sacramento, CA

#10 Aug 30, 2007
This may be sad what happenend..twice in one day...but you cannot live in fear over stuff like this..it happens..and the news reports it. That's their job. But the bottom line is this..a friend of mine is a pilot..has been for many years..and the stats don't lie..They're are far more people daily who die in car accidents than fly in planes..So take comfort in that...and live life each day to its fullest..cause none of us know when our number is coming up!
Johnny Canales

Paradise, CA

#11 Aug 30, 2007
Possibly bad fuel... but what about Density Altitude?
Mike H

Sacramento, CA

#12 Aug 31, 2007
LILLY wrote:
yeah everyone was ok...except the DEAD PERSON

read the story again
Pab

Auburn, CA

#13 Aug 31, 2007
Robert Gary CFII wrote:
I'm an FAA Certified Flight Instructor and I teach and keep my plane at Cameron Park. I wont speculate on the cause of these accidents until the NTSB releases their report but I will say that the airport is very safe. The fact that this is front page news shows you how rare such accidents are. In fact I'll be flying my plane out of Cameron Park this weekend. You wouldn't stop using hwy 50 just because there was an accident on the freeway.
Most people don't realize that you are at far greater risk of injury or death while on your way to the airport. Me? If I can fly there, I won't drive.
Just Me

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2007
Mike H wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah everyone was ok...except the DEAD PERSON
read the story again
I think she wrote that before the second crash, or before the death was reported. The story has chanegd a few times. I could be wrong.
Common Sense

Stockton, CA

#15 Aug 31, 2007
Johnny Canales wrote:
Possibly bad fuel... but what about Density Altitude?
Heat and weight.....two major things to consider when flying!!!
Come on

Grass Valley, CA

#16 Aug 31, 2007
Fox40 news has a video on their website of the actual plane crashing in Cameron Park. Amazing that they were video taping at the time.
A Pilot

Sacramento, CA

#17 Aug 31, 2007
A combination of a very hot day, a tailwind and a plane "possibly" loaded to limit (or maybe above) can push a plane and the pilot to its limits. Cross the line slightly and the plane won't fly more than half its wingspan above the ground (called ground effect)
nother pilot

Elk Grove, CA

#18 Sep 1, 2007
wait for the ntsb - before you start pointing fingers to cause. as to an airplane crashing into your house - you're more likely to die slipping on soap in the bathtub. If you're really freaked out, maybe you should move - that airport was the cornerstone of the community when it was built.
Robert Gary CFII

Sacramento, CA

#19 Sep 1, 2007
A Pilot wrote:
A combination of a very hot day, a tailwind and a plane "possibly" loaded to limit (or maybe above) can push a plane and the pilot to its limits. Cross the line slightly and the plane won't fly more than half its wingspan above the ground (called ground effect)
Nope. There is no need to scare people with your comments. The book numbers for an A36 show that at gross, with a tailwind, and the assumed heat the plane should have only required 1/2 the runway that was available. There is no reason for people to be concerned that planes will fall from the sky just because its hot. I'll let the professionals at the NTSB speak to the cause since they are actually on the scene.

-Robert, FAA Certified Flight Instructor
Robert Gary CFII

Sacramento, CA

#20 Sep 1, 2007
Linda wrote:
I live near the Cameron Park airport. I always worry one of those planes will crash into my home. This is too close.
You can relax and not worry. You are more likely to be hit by lightening than a plane falling on you.

-Robert, FAA Certified Flight Instructor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Air Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'The Young and the Restless' Spoilers: Austin A... Feb 24 Mary McCray 2
Obama's Defense of Islam Burned Along with the ... Feb 6 Trisha 6
Malaysia to release interim report on MH370 on ... Jan '15 anaklondo 2
Malaysian official slams article on MH370 pilot Jan '15 indoneslover 5
Airbus in talks with regulator on ejectable 'bl... Jan '15 flightdeck 1
AirAsia Flight's Black Box Found by Divers in P... Jan '15 eubert80 1
Health director who approved Obama birth certif... Jan '15 Blood on Hands 1
More from around the web