If Health Law Is Overturned, What Wil...

If Health Law Is Overturned, What Will Liberals Do?

There are 4935 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Mar 28, 2012, titled If Health Law Is Overturned, What Will Liberals Do?. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

If the Supreme Court strikes down all or part of President Obama 's health care law , it will have unraveled a legislative compromise that many liberals had viewed with suspicion from the beginning.

In one of the ironies of recent politics, Mr. Obama was a late convert to the merits of the individual mandate that now appears to be in danger of being declared unconstitutional.

But the president’s embrace of the mandate — and his willingness to abandon a so-called public option to get a health care deal — was a hard pill to swallow for many of his Democratic supporters.

The Affordable Care Act promises to provide health insurance to millions who lacked it. But it also stops far short of the idea that health care is a basic right for everyone living in the country. And it embraces the market-based system of private health care delivery that has long existed in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#5326 Nov 29, 2012

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5327 Nov 29, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Your full of it. last nite the low was 25 degrees todays high 59 not unusual for this time of year. you are buying into the greenie glowbull myth and lies. The last two years on average have been colder.
I was talking about southern hemisphere, which is coming into summer now. The prediction of climate change means more extremes of weather, which includes floods, a huge dump of snow where you don't want it, drought & super storms. That also produces a knock on effect with insurance and the countries effected taking big hits on their budget. Not once in a 100 yrs but damn near making this an annual event and yet all you conservative thinkers are still in denial.
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#5328 Nov 29, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about southern hemisphere, which is coming into summer now. The prediction of climate change means more extremes of weather, which includes floods, a huge dump of snow where you don't want it, drought & super storms. That also produces a knock on effect with insurance and the countries effected taking big hits on their budget. Not once in a 100 yrs but damn near making this an annual event and yet all you conservative thinkers are still in denial.
Your the denialist. You want to believe that man has caused the climate change and man can mitigate it. Ive been telling you the planet is experiencing a end of an age earth change pole shift for 6 months. mans activities did not cause hurricane sandy of make the volcanos erupt and earthquakes. The planet would be doing what its doing even if man never existed. Wake up the goverments are not going to tell you the real truth. It would cause chaos & anarchy. The goverments only want your money. The extinction protocol website has good information. However some there believe the earth changes are because of gods wrath over the sinful humans. Think about it everything on in or around the earth is a natural thing. All mans activities have done is rearrange what was always here. and since you cant make something into nothing it is still present in some manner. And since for every action there is an equal & opposite reaction there must be just as many good positive results as ther are bad negative results from everything that happens. And the climate as a whole isnt getting any warmer. I wish it was I think warmer wetter would be better. quit being a sheeple and doing the UN & NWO,s bidding
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#5330 Dec 11, 2012

Location hidden

#5331 Dec 11, 2012
Well there is nothing we can do about earthquakes but we could have done something about the ice melting and ocean temps rising as well as the sea level. The West might have reduced its emmissions but only by exporting them offshore to Asia, so a lot of good that did. The end result was Emissions rose to a record high level once again. It's too late now! It has now become adapt or die.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/to...
Curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

#5332 Dec 12, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
Well there is nothing we can do about earthquakes but we could have done something about the ice melting and ocean temps rising as well as the sea level. The West might have reduced its emmissions but only by exporting them offshore to Asia, so a lot of good that did. The end result was Emissions rose to a record high level once again. It's too late now! It has now become adapt or die.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/to...
Ok your starting to get it. Adapt or die is correct. However its still not caused by emissions. There are mammoths frozen in ice , That sudden flash freeze and climate change was caused by a pole shift. And that pole shift was before man was emitting emissions. there wasnt any tipping point where mans could have mitigated anything. Its been a steady pole shift. it started out slowly and gradually esclated . these clatyclismic earth change end of an age events will tend to esclate in both severity & frequency until the shift pinnacle is attained. Then they will slowly subside. Its likely to take 100 years or more. There never was or will be a stable or so called normal climate its always been constantly changing. The goverments just use so called Glowbull Warming or climate change as a cover up and a way to furthur the UN and NWO agenda. You better adapt. Learn to know How to be self reliant and be able to take care of yourself. Look at the sandy victims in New York. Many are still homeless and without electricity dependent on others for their well being. Those who prepared and had a bug out location are doing OK. There not as looney as some folks thought. Now 12-21-2012 isnt a magical date. Most likely it will be a completely uneventful day. However if you lived in one of the homes that was incenerated by the pipeline that burst today you wouldnt think today was uneventful. The pipe line likely broke because of stresses in the earth due the earth pole shift activities.
frequency
Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

#5334 Dec 21, 2012
The Extinction Protocol: 2012
Unstable sea slab near Barrier Reef could cause monster tsunami in north Queensland
Posted on December 21, 2012 by The Extinction Protocol
December 21, 2012 – AUSTRALIA – An enormous slab of sea floor is in the early stages of collapse off north Queensland, and could generate a tsunami when it finally breaks off, researchers warn. The one cubic kilometer slab – dubbed the Noggin Block – is the remains of an ancient underwater landslide, and sits perched on the edge of the continental shelf. Researchers discovered it while mapping the sea floor around the Great Barrier Reef. James Cook University marine biologist Robin Beaman says the slab will eventually break away from the Great Barrier Reef and when that happens it could generate a huge tsunami.“It’s actually up on the top of the continental slope in about 350 meters of water,” Dr. Beaman told ABC radio.“It’s a pretty big chunk of sea floor (and) is in the very slow, early stages of starting to break away from the edge of the Great Barrier Reef. If it were to break away catastrophically, that is break away really quickly … it would actually cause a tsunami.“That tsunami would travel across the Great Barrier Reef, it’s about 70 kilometers offshore, and it would impact the local area, the North Queensland area. It’s estimated it would take about an hour for any tsunami to hit coastal areas such as Mourilyan Harbour and Clump Point, south of Cairns. But Dr. Beaman says it’s still very stable, and something like a very large earthquake near the site would be needed to trigger a catastrophic collapse any time soon.“That is very unlikely. But we should be aware that these things exist. We don’t really know when such a block might collapse. All I can say is sometime it eventually will.”–News
another possibility

Junction City, KS

#5335 Dec 21, 2012
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Ok your starting to get it. The pipe line likely broke because of stresses in the earth due the earth pole shift activities.
OR..... from fracking. Mother Nature doesn`t frack.

Location hidden

#5336 Dec 22, 2012
Well, we all have to re-think the Mayan calendar now as doomsday has gone past the dead line. Lucky for me i don't have any real estate up Nth Queensland where the Barrier reef is, so if the tsunami comes it will just take out the banana farms and sugar cane along with some tropical fruits. Im still waiting for the fiscal cliff to be fixed and that ain't happening either. Oh the Joy of Christmas, I wonder if Santa sleigh complies to the emmission standards for a greener planet.
Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

#5337 Dec 23, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
Well, we all have to re-think the Mayan calendar now as doomsday has gone past the dead line. Lucky for me i don't have any real estate up Nth Queensland where the Barrier reef is, so if the tsunami comes it will just take out the banana farms and sugar cane along with some tropical fruits. Im still waiting for the fiscal cliff to be fixed and that ain't happening either. Oh the Joy of Christmas, I wonder if Santa sleigh complies to the emmission standards for a greener planet.
When the US goverment borrows 40 cents of every dollar spent. How do you fix the fiscal cliff. Shure Obama got reelected but just barely. The USA is deepely divided. The gimmie parasite takers and those who work for the goverment stated & municipalities are for liberal Tax & spend. They make up a little more than half. The productive makers are circling the wagons so to speak. Big companies either close or reduce the workforce to less than full time. That wat they wont have to pay for obama care. Those with less than 50 employees are also exempt so thay wont expand past 49 employees I know a guy worked for 38 years at the same picture frame factory. they gave him a pink slip for christmas. The elemanated his position. The reduced their work force to less than 50. yet whey where working 6 day per week and filling warehouses with product right up to the big layoff. Now they are starting a new plant in mexico. No matter what the politicians do the fiscal cliff is a looming threat. and all the golwbull warming bull does is add to the cost of production. The planet really dont care what man does. the earth sequestered that carbon once before & it will do it again. the progonsis of the economy rebounding is gray.
Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

#5338 Dec 28, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
Stocks are sinking on Wall Street for a fifth day as Washington leaders bicker over budget
WaPo- Stocks are falling again on Wall Street as Washington leaders blame each other for an impasse over the budget that seems less and less likely to be resolved before a year-end deadline. He OZ arent you so glad dumbama got reelected. especially since you have money in the stock market gamble. And By the Way employers are scrambling to reduce their workforce to less than 50 full time employees. that way they are exempt from paying for Obama care. Many workers got a pink slip for christmas. Myself I hope the fiscal cliff happens. In out of debt and can feed my family. It might be a good thing. The USA borrows 40 cents of every dollar spent. The USA used to borrow from china. But we pissed them off by siding with Japan over some islands . So now the USA borrow,s the money from the USA! The USA is buying it very own treasury notes! We are now like pre WWII germany printing worthless paper. The USA must start being fiscally responsible. the fiscal cliff will force it to begin. If we dont stop spending more the we have in revenue we will end up like greece and those other failed EURO places.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5339 Dec 28, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Stocks are sinking on Wall Street for a fifth day as Washington leaders bicker over budget
WaPo- Stocks are falling again on Wall Street as Washington leaders blame each other for an impasse over the budget that seems less and less likely to be resolved before a year-end deadline. He OZ arent you so glad dumbama got reelected. especially since you have money in the stock market gamble. And By the Way employers are scrambling to reduce their workforce to less than 50 full time employees. that way they are exempt from paying for Obama care. Many workers got a pink slip for christmas. Myself I hope the fiscal cliff happens. In out of debt and can feed my family. It might be a good thing. The USA borrows 40 cents of every dollar spent. The USA used to borrow from china. But we pissed them off by siding with Japan over some islands . So now the USA borrow,s the money from the USA! The USA is buying it very own treasury notes! We are now like pre WWII germany printing worthless paper. The USA must start being fiscally responsible. the fiscal cliff will force it to begin. If we dont stop spending more the we have in revenue we will end up like greece and those other failed EURO places.
Great idea. Let's cancel military retirements after 20 years, end all wars and occupation troops in Korea and Germany, reduce the defense budget by 50%, seize the assets of defense contractors and execute their top executives. That's a great start on correcting the problem. Empire is a luxury we can no longer afford.

Location hidden

#5340 Dec 28, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>When the US goverment borrows 40 cents of every dollar spent. How do you fix the fiscal cliff. Shure Obama got reelected but just barely. The USA is deepely divided. The gimmie parasite takers and those who work for the goverment stated & municipalities are for liberal Tax & spend. They make up a little more than half. The productive makers are circling the wagons so to speak. Big companies either close or reduce the workforce to less than full time. That wat they wont have to pay for obama care. Those with less than 50 employees are also exempt so thay wont expand past 49 employees I know a guy worked for 38 years at the same picture frame factory. they gave him a pink slip for christmas. The elemanated his position. The reduced their work force to less than 50. yet whey where working 6 day per week and filling warehouses with product right up to the big layoff. Now they are starting a new plant in mexico. No matter what the politicians do the fiscal cliff is a looming threat. and all the golwbull warming bull does is add to the cost of production. The planet really dont care what man does. the earth sequestered that carbon once before & it will do it again. the progonsis of the economy rebounding is gray.
Obama was reelected by a greater margin than The Chimp was in 2004 over John Kerry and as such has more of a mandate.

The "gimme parasite takers" are all scumbags like yourself, recepients of inherited wealth, prix who drive their daddies' cars. The solution to the social problem created by these scumbags includes prison cells with cellmates nicknamed Big Boy.

Location hidden

#5341 Dec 28, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Stocks are sinking on Wall Street for a fifth day as Washington leaders bicker over budget
A couple of quick points here, I believe it was always on the agenda that the republicans would not sign off on the fiscal cliff. Most of the commentators predicted that on the basis of this stupid tea party influence which has made the republican party dysfunctional now. In otherwords all this crap that Fox carries on about with commie Europe, well your government is doing exactly the same thing. NOT GOVERNING! So if you do jump the fiscal cliff this will also be another BIG hit to the world economy. So its a hit for all of us, not just the USA and who is to blame, those good ole boys once again. the GOP who have morphed into America's version of the Taliban.
So yes my money is sitting doing nothing, its not back in the stockmarket yet because you guys can't get your act together.
But I was glad Obama got elected only because this failed model of low taxes and get rich quick schemes brought the whole world economy to a grinding halt. That had to stop, and Obama was the only one out of a poor selection of canidates that might have a chance of doing it. Had the Republicans gone with someone like Christie he might have been ok as well. All you need is someone who has an idea and run with it. Not someone who is told what to do, Romney had too many keepers he was not passionate about anything.

Location hidden

#5342 Dec 28, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple of quick points here, I believe it was always on the agenda that the republicans would not sign off on the fiscal cliff. Most of the commentators predicted that on the basis of this stupid tea party influence which has made the republican party dysfunctional now. In otherwords all this crap that Fox carries on about with commie Europe, well your government is doing exactly the same thing. NOT GOVERNING! So if you do jump the fiscal cliff this will also be another BIG hit to the world economy. So its a hit for all of us, not just the USA and who is to blame, those good ole boys once again. the GOP who have morphed into America's version of the Taliban.
So yes my money is sitting doing nothing, its not back in the stockmarket yet because you guys can't get your act together.
But I was glad Obama got elected only because this failed model of low taxes and get rich quick schemes brought the whole world economy to a grinding halt. That had to stop, and Obama was the only one out of a poor selection of canidates that might have a chance of doing it. Had the Republicans gone with someone like Christie he might have been ok as well. All you need is someone who has an idea and run with it. Not someone who is told what to do, Romney had too many keepers he was not passionate about anything.
Actually Romney was passionate about one thing: tax breaks for the rich.

Location hidden

#5344 Jan 11, 2013
I don't know about your pole shift, but it seems to me we are burning up down here. Hottest summer that I can remember and there are fires everywhere. All of which will not improve the planet's the CO2 loading one bit.

UK story
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...

Take a look at some of those weather pics.
http://www.climatecentral.org/blogs/more-on-a...
Gershom

Strathfield, Australia

#5346 Jan 12, 2013
yeah

Location hidden

#5348 Jan 15, 2013
So much for the pole shift. Even black smoke coming from fires and exhaust is warming us up now.

"The sooty particles that make up black carbon can be a major component of urban air pollution like that now blanketing Beijing, said Durwood Zaelke, president of the Washington-based non-profit Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development and a reviewer of the study before its publication."

"Black carbon is not only more important for climate than we thought, it also kills over a million people every year who contract deadly respiratory diseases by breathing air polluted by black carbon," Zaelke said in a statement."

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2013/01/15...

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-cha...
churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#5349 Jan 16, 2013
Well the fiscal cliff deal was a big letdown. more of the same old failed agenda spending money that the goverment dont have.
Churmudgeon

United States

#5351 Feb 1, 2013
Australia - Shock is turning to anger across Queensland's flood-ravaged communities as authorities struggle to meet the needs of tens of thousands disaster victims. Heated scenes unfolded in devastated Bundaberg after police overruled a council plan to let residents back into the city's north to see what's left of their homes. Residents reacted furiously despite being told it was for their own safety.
Water police have been tasked with guarding the Burnett River in case locals attempt to cross over by boat. Police were stationed at the council chambers after residents were told they would remain locked out of the disaster zone. Police said there was simply no choice, with safety inspections still not complete. But it's hoped residents may start returning from 6am (AEST) Saturday.
"It's a scene of utter devastation. Houses are not there anymore. There's roads that are not there anymore." Dead cats and dogs litter the streets, houses have been washed from their foundations and one home is missing entirely with no clue to its final resting place.
The devastation caused by ex-tropical cyclone Oswald continues to grow. At Biggenden, between Gayndah and Bundaberg, floodwaters have spread years of rubbish build-up from a local dump across 1000 hectares of grazing land. "It's an environmental disaster." The army finally arrived in the town of Munduberra, west of Gayndah, on Friday morning - four days after flood levels there peaked, flooding 100 homes and businesses in the town and the same number in outlying areas.
In North Burnett, many homes had been flooded to their roofs, and a couple of houses had been split in half and partly washed away by the force of the water. Local people, many of whom were elderly, were worn out after having been hit by floods only two years ago. They'd quietly hoped for immediate help, but it didn't come. The premier said he understood people were angry, but with a disaster so broad, affecting so many communities, authorities were doing their best. "There is an enormous amount that has been going on and an enormous amount of damage to sort out."
The damage bill from the disaster is certain to climb into the billions, with infrastructure smashed, farms ruined, and so many homes and businesses across the state damaged or destroyed. An early estimate of farming losses alone has been put at $100 million. The Queensland Farmers' Federation says everyone from pig and dairy farmers to sugarcane and citrus growers urgently needs access to the highest levels of disaster assistance.
--------- Now OZ are you ready to wake up and acknowlege that end of an age earth change is real? And admit its not caused by or ever could be mitigated by mans puny activities?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bowser, Gavin Grimm headline Best of Gay D.C. p... 13 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 2
News Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize for 'extraordinary... (Oct '09) Oct 18 Mistresses step kids 244
News ACLU Sues Trump Administration to Force Governm... Oct 13 tomin cali 1
News Gay rights groups feel they are under siege Oct 12 Justin 12
News Two gay teens arrested for dancing together in ... Oct 12 LGBT HQ 5
News EPA to ease emission restrictions on coal-fired... Oct 9 Russian Troll Watch 32
News Egyptian police using dating apps to find, arre... Oct 5 Abrahamanic Relig... 4
More from around the web