Myanmar: Old atrocity, new implications

Myanmar: Old atrocity, new implications

There are 1 comment on the Asia Times story from Oct 31, 2012, titled Myanmar: Old atrocity, new implications. In it, Asia Times reports that:

Myanmar: Old atrocity, new implications By Bertil Lintner YANGON - An atrocity committed 20 years ago by an armed opposition student group continues to haunt Myanmar, a bloody purge that could have far-reaching consequences for segments of the country's pro-democracy movement, their foreign backers and the new quasi-civilian incarnation of the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asia Times.

London, UK

#1 Oct 31, 2012
Very interesting article, reminiscent of the reign of terror that followed the guillotining Louis XVI of France.
Who is Burma's Robespierre?

What lesson can Burmese learn from this episode?
We wonder if Shwebomin is aware of this. We know that he had provided funds to ABSDF in 1988/9.

CRDB(UK) also received funds from Shwebomin.

Any information about what he is doing these days?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The vicious cycle of drug sentencing and the in... 6 min The Huntress of S... 4
News To be gay in Jamaica "to be dead" (Apr '07) Mon Exx9 1,333
News Morocco: "We Are All Gaza" (Jan '09) Oct 22 aleppo and gaza 16
News Undocumented immigrants flex political muscle i... Oct 21 tomin cali 5
News Local activists disappointed with city engageme... Oct 20 Move On 7
News Amnesty: Aus bound refugees driven to suicide Oct 17 Wildchild 1
News North Carolina Senate debate likely to mention ... Oct 15 Mariah 2
More from around the web