Immigration Reform's Wild-Card Power Broker

Nov 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The New Republic

The night after the presidential election, the news anchors on the Spanish-language network Univision, Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Selena, began their nightly newscast with something of a celebration.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2012

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Open Letter to John Gibson,Sean Hannity,John Boehner,Luis V. Gutierrez,Lindsey Graham &
Susan Collins

11/9/2012

The gentleman & Lady I've listed above are advocating amnesty for the 12-20 million (wag) illegal aliens in our country . I strongly disagree with their position for the following reasons.

In 1986 President Reagan signed off on a bill granting amnesty to 1 1/2- 2 Million illegal aliens, today I wonder how many more of their family members are here now because of the Chain
Immigration policy in place?

In the past 26 years since President Reagan signed that bill, because of politicians like Congressman John Boehner , Luis V. Gutierrez ,Senator Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins who have none nothing to help control our borders except to stick their finger in the dike to appease the voters at home,12-20 Million more illegal aliens (wag) have entered our country and now because the finger caper didn't work their solution to the problem is amnesty.

The message that people like Sean Hannity , John Boehner , Luis V. Gutierrez,Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins are sending to immigrants around the world is that if you can enter our country illegally without getting caught and hide out for another 26 years, then sooner or later another amnesty will be granted.

Case in point, a large number of American Hispanic voters including Chicago Congressman Luis V Gutierrez have again rally their support for amnesty, and are using their vote to blackmail the Democrats into granting it. My question is what are those Hispanic Americans basing their support on?

My answer is it's based on the fact that a large number of the illegal aliens are also Hispanics which would appear to make their support based on race.( Google some of Chicago Congressman Luis V Gutierrez's comments on the subject).

Now if I say I don't support amnesty because it's wrong then those same people yell "Racist".

We currently have no control of immigration into our country, yet continue to allow in around 900,000 legal immigrations a year, and now John Gibson,Sean Hannity,John Boehner,Luis V. Gutierrez, Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins want to add 12-20 Million illegal aliens to our population which is now around 315 Million.

My question to John Gibson, Sean Hannity , John Boehner , Luis V. Gutierrez, Lindsey Graham & Susan Collins that support amnesty is how many more immigrants legal & illegal entering our country will make you happy?

My closing comment is that violating our immigration laws should not be rewarded with American Citizenship, it's worth more than that!

Just because you can walk across our borders or swim / wade across a river doesn't give someone a place at the head of the line here. The line for those people starts inside the border of their own country.

To compound the problem, under the 14 Amendment we have around 300,00 new American Citizens a year born in our country to just illegal Hispanic women, and yes John,Sean,John B.,Luis,Lindsey & Susan a lot of them walk or swim/ wade across our border to have those babies.

Dave

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Your points are indeed valid.
Chi

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

What's the option with those already present physically ? If we fine them each one 1000$ time 11-20 million the deficit will be reduced significantly they will help social security by paying tax and housing will c boom airline industries as well at the end of the day economy will growth we don't have resources to deport them ok let's solve this issue there is no choice and USA will b the winner
Mexican Fox

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

-- If the GOPís strategy of embracing immigration reform has any chance of wooing back Latino voters, it will have to depend on Spanish-language media, particularly Univision, to get its message across. Eighty-eight percent of Latinos watch Spanish-language television, according to the American Journalism Review, and Univision is the clear leader in that market. For many Latinos, Univision is their only source of news.ď72 percent of Latinos who watch Univisionís main evening news broadcast with Ramos and Salinas do not see any other television news,Ē according to the Guardian. --
no amnesty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Stop pandering to the seditious US-born Hispanics. They support the so-called rights of foreign interlopers and invaders over the genuine rights of their fellow citizens. Whose side are these supposedly loyal Hispanic-Americans on? They will never vote for a republican, they vote for welfare and food stamps. More than fifty percent of US-born Hispanics get done form of welfare. God help this country if the illegals and the relatives they will being over ever get into the US. The next thing they will want is official bilingualism. The end. of America

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

no amnesty wrote:
Stop pandering to the seditious US-born Hispanics. They support the so-called rights of foreign interlopers and invaders over the genuine rights of their fellow citizens. Whose side are these supposedly loyal Hispanic-Americans on? They will never vote for a republican, they vote for welfare and food stamps. More than fifty percent of US-born Hispanics get done form of welfare. God help this country if the illegals and the relatives they will being over ever get into the US. The next thing they will want is official bilingualism. The end. of America
Many US born of all cultures are "seditious".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••