Dispute over rainbow flag policy in SF's Castro leads to 'naked' boycott of store

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVU Oakland

A handful of protesters, including a few in the buff, have vowed to boycott a Castro neighborhood store in San Francisco over an ongoing dispute concerning the iconic rainbow flag and other uses of the neighborhood's public space.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
the castro neighborhood

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

hey folks, this is the castro neighborhood. if you really love me, will you please come together and act respectful and think of me. i mean, don't just use me like some common tramp. woody, put on your clothes for goodness sake. you made a good first step at changing the world, but anymore you are just looking foolish - not, not foolish - you are looking like you are crazy to be honest. and george, for goodness sake, you come across as some mean old man. if you love me, please don't do this to me. this tension is not good for me. put on your clothes and let's be friends again.

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Awesome boycott.
NotRight

Pittston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Imagine, because I'm gay I had to part with my great Euro heritage, my patriotism, and the American issues I worry about the most. My own preference in flags are nationality ones, not sexuality ones. The Greek and Italian ones are preferred. What, I'm a hater for saying this? No, I'm the same guy who just happens to be gay. Homosexuality is not a culture. We are also no more talented or goodlooking than straights. We've just been good at marketing the community as such, and some people have begun to buy it. Respect all people by rotating in other flags from other countries and cultures. We always talk about fairness to US. Well my proposal is fair to everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••