Syrian warplanes bombard rebels with ...

Syrian warplanes bombard rebels with 60 airstrikes

There are 23 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Oct 29, 2012, titled Syrian warplanes bombard rebels with 60 airstrikes. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

In this Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012 photo, Syrian residents cross a street as a pile of rubbish burns along the roadside in Aleppo, Syria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#23 Nov 3, 2012
middle east veteran wrote:
Its chechniya all over again. But if assads army wont fight why are their 10,000 dead soldiers. This is the govt s number. The pre civi war Army doesnt exist any longer? Sort of post ypres british army the regulars all killed or wounded. What do i know? Some arm chair strategist. I know the syrian army has 50 years of russian army indoctrination, tactics, and training. The russians will give up real estate. And they are strong with the idea of using reserves. Assad is husbanding forces. Once his forces are built up he will attaCk in overwhelming force, like he uses his airforce. I can only guess.
If he is stalemated, doesnt have enough troops, and now the army battered, exhausted, in poor morale this means he assad is finished. The problem i have is i have heard assad is finished for 19 months.
Don't believe Western or even Assad's propaganda. Assad is trying to gain world sympathy by elevating Syrian military casualties. He is slowly and methodically destroying infrastructure, bombarding rebel occupied cities into ruin, bulldozing homes, and utilizing a long term proven scorched earth military strategy. He knows that the rebels cannot defeat his military, so he is saving them for any possible foreign military intervention. I do not doubt for one minute that Assad will not use his extensive stockpiles of chemical and biological WMDs, which would totally decimate the entire rebel opposition in a matter of days. Assad seems determined to prevail, and with Iranian and Russian support, he almost surely will.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#24 Nov 3, 2012
middle east veteran wrote:
Its chechniya all over again. But if assads army wont fight why are their 10,000 dead soldiers. This is the govt s number. The pre civi war Army doesnt exist any longer? Sort of post ypres british army the regulars all killed or wounded. What do i know? Some arm chair strategist. I know the syrian army has 50 years of russian army indoctrination, tactics, and training. The russians will give up real estate. And they are strong with the idea of using reserves. Assad is husbanding forces. Once his forces are built up he will attaCk in overwhelming force, like he uses his airforce. I can only guess.
If he is stalemated, doesnt have enough troops, and now the army battered, exhausted, in poor morale this means he assad is finished. The problem i have is i have heard assad is finished for 19 months.
Middle east veteran I think the problem is not so much numbers, but coming to terms with modern day war. Terrorists take refuge amongst intellectual likeness,,, right.
That is why Afghanistan got invaded,,, agreed. Following on from that groups are targeted by Obama according to the shades of grey,,, absolutely.
This is where Syria is lacking, you can not get at a nut without cracking the shell.
Nothing bad is going to happen if Syria begins qualifying relationship according to rank, in fact something bad will happen if they don't.
Truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#25 Nov 3, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and the fact that their ground troops are ineffective. While the planes are bombing an area the Rebels have moved to take over another, so Assad is just bombing homes and killing civilians where the Rebels used to be.
More lies from you terrorist supporter as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After Virginia violence, far right and white na... Aug 18 Solarman 1
News Evergreen professor on student protesters: 'The... Aug 16 Truth 1
News Strange bedfellows: The ACLU, free speech and N... Aug 16 Christsharians on... 7
News Spurred by PETA, Jon Bon Jovi will sell vegan c... Aug 15 BJ Fan 1
News Woman accused of faking being lesbian by judge ... Aug 14 Phyllis Schlafly ... 2
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... Aug 12 Wondering 21
White Male Privilege Aug 9 Resident 1
More from around the web