Syrian warplanes bombard rebels with ...

Syrian warplanes bombard rebels with 60 airstrikes

There are 23 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Oct 29, 2012, titled Syrian warplanes bombard rebels with 60 airstrikes. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

In this Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012 photo, Syrian residents cross a street as a pile of rubbish burns along the roadside in Aleppo, Syria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Terang

Kajang, Malaysia

#1 Oct 29, 2012
The Syrian regime call the rebel terrorists. But the regime themselves are the true terrorist. This is state terrorism at its worst.
Truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#2 Oct 30, 2012
This sounds good to me as the Syrian government is fighting a terrorist proxie army force and this is what must be done to defeat these murderous terrorist.
Truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#3 Oct 30, 2012
Terang wrote:
The Syrian regime call the rebel terrorists. But the regime themselves are the true terrorist. This is state terrorism at its worst.
So are you a jew hasbarat or just a fool???
Lies Beats himself silly

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Oct 30, 2012
Truth always beats lies wrote:
<quoted text>So are you a jew hasbarat or just a fool???
How come you're ranting and ratings are always clueless, nuts, disgusting, sick, demented?? That should be your clue imbecile!! You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on your filthy rear end!! Change that silly lying DISGUSTING egotistical name you gave yourself War Monger alias Unreality is always best!! The poor stupid Hamasarat called War Monger alias Unreality is always best alias LIE beats himself Silly Silly! The imbecile stays on these boards day and night hiding behind different names to spread its Hamasarat terrorist support, hate and support for HamasArat terrorist acts being carried out by the Palestinian Hamas. The thing behind the name Liar beats himself silly is what is called a HamasaRAT (google it) basically it is a pro Hamas, Pro ASSADOMITE Anti-american government ANTI-JEWISH propagandist that is tasked with staying on boards like this to give a HAMASARATS AND ASSADARATS ANT-american government, ANTI-JEWISH, ANTI-THIS AND THAT push in all subjects. Its tactic mainly is to try and drown out all other truthful posts on here and replace them with its scripted HamasARAT lies and war mongering propaganda. Notice I said War Monger! That's one of the names the scumbag used as one of his filthy uneducated Low life Low IQ ignorant nonsense!! It will fail at its task!
No you are not right you are a DAMN liar as usual as well as being a terrorist supporting HAMASARAT propagandist!!
middle east veteran

United States

#5 Oct 30, 2012
I dont want to name call. I am for the government and not for the rebels. My take is assad is using tactics the russians used in chechniya. In the rebel urban areas a ghost town gives him better odds. If you are in a war zone, it is time to leave and escape. This is a tough and vicious fight. Both sides are playing for keeps. But bombing or not, assads army is losing 2 or 3 battalions of combatants a week. This is unsustainable when you have 45 000 to 60 000 hard core combatants. My guess is iranian troops in brigade strength will shortly reinforce the border to protect damascus. If i were the iranians my goal would be 4 divisions. Enough to keep the israelis up at night, but not enough to be an offensive threat. If assads army cant finish it and weakened by 2 years of civil war the iranians will play a bigger role, esp since hezbollah wants wisely to have no role, despite whatever stories have come out. The plan has always been to have a declawed syria before attacking iran. Ww1
umar

Nigeria

#6 Oct 30, 2012
american problem of the world and the arab aroun people don't understand what they you're doing we most be wise to protect our arab countries american are detroy islamic world let's open our eyes I love islam and we will die for in islam
Sinn

Germany

#7 Oct 30, 2012
criminals from usa and fellows arm all these religious fanatics-mercenaries in one purpose: to make the same things as it was done in Lybia: to steal money from savings accounts of Syria, which are probably in ussmaniac and european banks. This Assad should resign from those money and make a deal.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#9 Oct 30, 2012
Sinn wrote:
criminals from usa and fellows arm all these religious fanatics-mercenaries in one purpose: to make the same things as it was done in Lybia: to steal money from savings accounts of Syria, which are probably in ussmaniac and european banks. This Assad should resign from those money and make a deal.

Syria will never surrender, it doesn't matter weather money gets stolen, or not, the important thing is, those dirty mutts Britain and France are foiled in their attempt to dominate humanities future with the perversion that they are.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#10 Oct 30, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria will never surrender, it doesn't matter weather money gets stolen, or not, the important thing is, those dirty mutts Britain and France are foiled in their attempt to dominate humanities future with the perversion that they are.
Hey Reality and Truth are looking for you to join their circle of incompetance.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#11 Oct 30, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Reality and Truth are looking for you to join their circle of incompetance.

I'm available, that's for sure, I see failure as the ingredient forcing good to rise up, and so the death wish of continued delusion,that is depravity expressed as moral virtue and accepted as such, predation purported by the parasite infecting me and my children,depravity extended predation preserved, the death Muammar Gadaffi
is a betrayal of what we are.

The day of vengeance is upon
us, and vengeance is not the associate
of success

Vengeance is the soul of man and
Victory Only Comes With. Death.

That's a slightly modified version of one of comrade Gadaffis poems, a totally
separate publication from the Green book.

I think its great.
middle east veteran

United States

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Lot of satire and wild comment. I wish i could get accurate reports because last i heard the rebels had blocked the road to aleppo. But putting the pieces together it would appear assad cleared out the rebels or bombed them to act cautiously enough that supply columns are moving again. Wherever possible i would bulldoze 500 meters from the side of the highway. If you can get 100 to 200 meters makes an ambush little harder. Cluster bombs will make you stay away. I have not read anything that i can sense the battle going on.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#13 Nov 1, 2012
middle east veteran wrote:
Lot of satire and wild comment. I wish i could get accurate reports because last i heard the rebels had blocked the road to aleppo. But putting the pieces together it would appear assad cleared out the rebels or bombed them to act cautiously enough that supply columns are moving again. Wherever possible i would bulldoze 500 meters from the side of the highway. If you can get 100 to 200 meters makes an ambush little harder. Cluster bombs will make you stay away. I have not read anything that i can sense the battle going on.
An excellent proposal, with the bulldozer
I get the same feeling, the strength of the insurgency is based on intimidation so its only the isolated communities that are vulnerable, also I think the time is right to
to communicate more openly with the Kurds, pretending they don't exist is a mistake. Have you hot anything on that.?
reporter

Syria

#14 Nov 2, 2012
Terang wrote:
You just stick yourself in Malaysia with the Islamist extremist and go to hell with them...do not put your nose in things that does not concern you..Otherwise it will be cut..
reporter

Syria

#15 Nov 2, 2012
Truth always beats lies wrote:
<quoted text>So are you a jew hasbarat or just a fool???
You just stick yourself in Eagle rock were you belong or come to Syria to help the Islamist extremist and go to hell with them...do not put your nose in things that does not concern you..Otherwise it will be cut..
Truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#17 Nov 2, 2012
reporter wrote:
<quoted text>
You just stick yourself in Eagle rock were you belong or come to Syria to help the Islamist extremist and go to hell with them...do not put your nose in things that does not concern you..Otherwise it will be cut..
You are another jew hasbarat behind a fake name and proxie??
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#18 Nov 3, 2012
middle east veteran wrote:
I dont want to name call. I am for the government and not for the rebels. My take is assad is using tactics the russians used in chechniya. In the rebel urban areas a ghost town gives him better odds. If you are in a war zone, it is time to leave and escape. This is a tough and vicious fight. Both sides are playing for keeps. But bombing or not, assads army is losing 2 or 3 battalions of combatants a week. This is unsustainable when you have 45 000 to 60 000 hard core combatants. My guess is iranian troops in brigade strength will shortly reinforce the border to protect damascus. If i were the iranians my goal would be 4 divisions. Enough to keep the israelis up at night, but not enough to be an offensive threat. If assads army cant finish it and weakened by 2 years of civil war the iranians will play a bigger role, esp since hezbollah wants wisely to have no role, despite whatever stories have come out. The plan has always been to have a declawed syria before attacking iran. Ww1
Agreed. The Syrian government is just using tried and true military tactics against these insurgents.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#19 Nov 3, 2012
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed. The Syrian government is just using tried and true military tactics against these insurgents.
Yup, and the fact that their ground troops are ineffective. While the planes are bombing an area the Rebels have moved to take over another, so Assad is just bombing homes and killing civilians where the Rebels used to be.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#20 Nov 3, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and the fact that their ground troops are ineffective. While the planes are bombing an area the Rebels have moved to take over another, so Assad is just bombing homes and killing civilians where the Rebels used to be.
Ground forces are no match for air power. That is why militaries understand that the establishment of "no fly zones" are so essential. The Nazis could have had a million troops in Dresden, but they would have been reduced to ashes under allied air bombardment. Assad can just blast these rebels wherever they try to run and hide. A "scorched earth" policy is an extremely effective military strategy.
middle east veteran

United States

#21 Nov 3, 2012
Its chechniya all over again. But if assads army wont fight why are their 10,000 dead soldiers. This is the govt s number. The pre civi war Army doesnt exist any longer? Sort of post ypres british army the regulars all killed or wounded. What do i know? Some arm chair strategist. I know the syrian army has 50 years of russian army indoctrination, tactics, and training. The russians will give up real estate. And they are strong with the idea of using reserves. Assad is husbanding forces. Once his forces are built up he will attaCk in overwhelming force, like he uses his airforce. I can only guess.
If he is stalemated, doesnt have enough troops, and now the army battered, exhausted, in poor morale this means he assad is finished. The problem i have is i have heard assad is finished for 19 months.
mev

United States

#22 Nov 3, 2012
I got a not so subtle message to sfu so have to honor it. Peace out fellas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Occupy Wall Street rises up for Sanders 5 hr SmokinJoe 29
News Immigration Rights Group Wants Joe Arpaio Arres... Thu spud 31
News Put to the test: A young woman talks life with HIV Wed Three Rounds 1
News Obama begins visit to old US foe Vietnam Wed Reagan spirit 24
News ACLU claims abusive treatment by CBP officers May 25 huey goins 7
News Number of Louisiana towns have pit bull bans wh... (Dec '14) May 22 Demosthenes Washi... 23
News AIDS activists urge Congress to end epidemic May 20 PauldenZangpo0521 6
More from around the web