Standing up for Glen Cove

Full story: Vallejo Times-Herald

An open letter to Vallejo Mayor Osby Davis: I am an older person standing up for something I believe in.
Comments
41 - 51 of 51 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Heres Hoping

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Volunteer Now wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I was asking you to explain your point, not just tell someone to visit a museum or read two publications. What would they learn there? You seem to have something to say, but instead of saying it, you seem to use some nouns that sound authoritative, but, who knows? It is related to those who use the tired old, Vallejo native saw. M.G. Vallejo was very interested in outside ideas.
Maybe if you tried asking your questions and making your statements in clear questions and comments instead of talking in some mysterious dialect?

What do you mean by "use some nouns that sound authoritative, but, who knows?"

What is "related to those who use the tired old, Vallejo native saw?"

What exactly is it that you are after? Facts? Clues? Historial references? You obviously don't want to read and learn anything and expect people to give you some information but you can't even express what you are after in plain english.
idiot watch

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

vjonative2 wrote:
Volunteer Now, You have run two posts together. I didn't post the last sentence in your quote, someone posting as Facts not Rumors did. I thought both of us made our points clear but I can't speak for them. I don't know what "authoritative sounding nouns" are but I'm willing to learn. Trust me, I definately don't use the tired old Vallejo native saw and don't like people who do. I very much embrace "newbies". My parents were not native Vallejoans but contributed greatly to their adopted city. I'm more about what you've contributed, not how long you've lived here.
You folks cant even get your posts strait. Stay the hell away from glen cove okay. Dont even mention it anymore, ya dingbats.
vjonative2

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

idiot watch, you make about as much sense as volunteer now. the park at glen cove belongs to all vallejoans. get over it.
tears and dirt

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

vjonative2 wrote:
idiot watch, you make about as much sense as volunteer now. the park at glen cove belongs to all vallejoans. get over it.
and your going to back that up?
anon

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shollenberger_Pa...

Building Parks are so yesterday. Glen Cove is a beautiful place. Don’t build a park, play structures, and pave the sidewalks, and put out bbq pits—leave it in its natural habitat and preserve its natural beauty.
Keep Glenn Cove similar to what was done to Shollenberger Park in Petaluma along the river.
vjonative2

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

tears and dirt, back what up?

anon, you obviously just want to hear (read) yourself talk. if you knew what the project entailed you would know that no play structures, no bbq pits or paved walkways are included. i enjoy spirited debate but that requires both debaters to be informed. educate yourself. hmmm...san ramon. i wonder.....
tears and dirt

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

vjonative2 wrote:
tears and dirt, back what up?
anon, you obviously just want to hear (read) yourself talk. if you knew what the project entailed you would know that no play structures, no bbq pits or paved walkways are included. i enjoy spirited debate but that requires both debaters to be informed. educate yourself. hmmm...san ramon. i wonder.....
That large bottom of yours.
carni

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

NO JET SKI RENTAL AT GLEN COVE WATERFRONT!!! AND NO FERRIS WHEEL!!!
Volunteer Now

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Heres Hoping wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you tried asking your questions and making your statements in clear questions and comments instead of talking in some mysterious dialect?
What do you mean by "use some nouns that sound authoritative, but, who knows?"
What is "related to those who use the tired old, Vallejo native saw?"
What exactly is it that you are after? Facts? Clues? Historial references? You obviously don't want to read and learn anything and expect people to give you some information but you can't even express what you are after in plain english.
Perhaps one will understand killing two birds with one stone, for example:
In 2003 the percent of the population lacking basic prose literacy skills in California was 23% and in Solano county was 14%. This is an increase in the illiterate from 1992 measurements where Solano county had 10%.
http://nces.ed.gov/naal/estimates/StateEstima...
pedantry unbound

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

blah, blah, blah. do you have any friends, volunteer now?
IDK

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

You think?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••