Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30923 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31708 Mar 25, 2013
Katy B wrote:
Be You Be Sure's latest article, "A Super Long & Essential Millennial Guide to Climate Change | Our Ship is Melting," explores varying perspectives and focuses on global warming and the hesitation to implement sustainable solutions as a result of economic dependency on fossil fuels...[URL deleted]
Fossil fuels have been tried and tested; that's why people love to use them. There's never been a trial or test of climate change mitigation, that's why nobody wants it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31709 Mar 25, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
Minnesota has finally emerged from subzero temps by the second day of spring.
Wat can a concerned person do to speed this warming process up? Clearly, CO2 is not up to the task!
Get this... Both MN and NM were in the single digits this spring.
Yes, that's great. We're happy for you and won't mention the beautiful weather we have here most of the year.

But what's the 100-year context of this alleged Spring?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#31710 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A thermostat is an artificial device; HSL means a feedback system when he writes "thermostat". He has as little understanding of science as he has of technology.
Yeah, sure, "Brain(NOT)_G" - that's why I have a doctorate level degree (in a different scientific field) with extra training.

The challenge remains: WHERE IS ALLEY WRONG?

CO2 is the planet's main thermostat. I'm sorry that the truth upsets you, that it conflicts with your political bias, but that's too bad. Scientific facts are true no matter how much you rant otherwise.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31711 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
"I'M GLAD"(???)... Enjoying the suffering of fellow human beings? Research may show that other AGW Alarmists also receive pleasure from the discomfort of others... Does "Matt" ring a bell to all you AGW perverts?
Are the scientists whom you bestow your faith upon equally perverted?
Oh, wait, I do recall Phil Jones writing to Dr. Mann that he wished AGW would hurt people so that they would see he was right about how terrible AGW will be.
You perverts are worse than a fundamentalist Christian.
I went with a girl like that one time.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31712 Mar 26, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
Yeah, sure, "Brain(NOT)_G" - that's why I have a doctorate level degree (in a different scientific field) with extra training.
I'm betting HSL's degree is in the social sciences.

HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
The challenge remains: WHERE IS ALLEY WRONG? CO2 is the planet's main thermostat. I'm sorry that the truth upsets you, that it conflicts with your political bias, but that's too bad. Scientific facts are true no matter how much you rant otherwise.
Alley is wrong advocating climate change mitigation when he's unable to point to a compelling experimental test of climate change mitigation. Seatbelts mitigate auto accident injuries; they'be been tried and tested. There's never been a test on any man made greenhouse gas that shows an effect on climate.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31713 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm betting HSL's degree is in the social sciences.
<quoted text>Alley is wrong advocating climate change mitigation when he's unable to point to a compelling experimental test of climate change mitigation. Seatbelts mitigate auto accident injuries; they'be been tried and tested. There's never been a test on any man made greenhouse gas that shows an effect on climate.
Richard Alley on the science of sea level rise and mitigation:

http://www.google.co.uk/url...
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#31714 Mar 26, 2013
My apologies,
I wish to retract a indiscreet use of the term "pervert".
the more precise noun would be sadist.
No need to for an apology you were correct the first time.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#31715 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Fossil fuels have been tried and tested; that's why people love to use them. There's never been a trial or test of climate change mitigation, that's why nobody wants it.
And it has been found that burning fossil fuels produces CO2 that is accumulating in the atmosphere. It is known that CO2 is a GHG and is causing global warming.
Dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#31716 Mar 26, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's great. We're happy for you and won't mention the beautiful weather we have here most of the year.
But what's the 100-year context of this alleged Spring?
After adjusting the raw data and smoothing the results we have corrected the final numbers to determine that this spring is the warmest ever recorded in Minnesota ;-)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31717 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A thermostat is an artificial device; HSL means a feedback system when he writes "thermostat". He has as little understanding of science as he has of technology.
If you understood what he meant, you'd know it was a metaphor, not a literal description. And if you knew that, there was no reason to whine over and over again how it's "not a thermostat."

Honestly, I think there's something wrong with you.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31718 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Alley is wrong advocating climate change mitigation when he's unable to point to a compelling experimental test of climate change mitigation. Seatbelts mitigate auto accident injuries; they'be been tried and tested. There's never been a test on any man made greenhouse gas that shows an effect on climate.
Your answer is offtopic and can safely be rejected as irrelevant. Either discuss Alley's scientific findings in regard to AGW, or shut up.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31719 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Fossil fuels have been tried and tested; that's why people love to use them. There's never been a trial or test of climate change mitigation, that's why nobody wants it.
LOL...a classic bit of Brainless_G misdirection and irrelevancy.
litesong

Everett, WA

#31720 Mar 26, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I'm betting HSL's degree is in the social sciences.
I'll bet the degree of "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" is in.......... oh, yeah. He ain't got one. He couldn't even get upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#31721 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm betting HSL's degree is in the social sciences.
<quoted text>Alley is wrong advocating climate change mitigation when he's unable to point to a compelling experimental test of climate change mitigation. Seatbelts mitigate auto accident injuries; they'be been tried and tested. There's never been a test on any man made greenhouse gas that shows an effect on climate.
Yet another repetition of your ONE IRRELEVANT point. Alley wasn't talking about AGW/CC mitigation, he was talking about the paleohistory of the earth. CO2 has been the primary thermostat of the earth for most of its history.

I'm sorry that scientific facts conflict with your political beliefs, but they're true no matter how many times you try to deny them.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#31722 Mar 26, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet the degree of "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" is in.......... oh, yeah. He ain't got one. He couldn't even get upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
More and more that’s all the "pinheadlitesout" have more and more diarrheas.
litesong

Everett, WA

#31723 Mar 26, 2013
fetid feces face flip flopper fiend wrote:
diarrhea.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.

At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31724 Mar 26, 2013
By John Roach, Contributing Writer, NBC News

Most of the sea ice that forms each fall and winter in the Arctic now melts each spring and summer, a recent change that is impacting global patterns of weather and trade as well as the U.S. military's strategic planning, experts told reporters during a briefing Tuesday.

"There are tremendous two-way and multiple interactions between the Arctic and the rest of the world," retired Rear Adm. David Titley said during the teleconference organized by Climate Nexus, a group trying to raise awareness about climate change.

Experts tied the melting ice in the Arctic to the recent spate of stormy winter weather in parts of the U.S. and Europe. They also noted that the prospect of ice-free summers in the Arctic as soon as 2030 is already impacting international trade and U.S. Navy plans to protect Arctic resources.

The briefing was held the day after the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) announced that the Arctic sea ice reached its maximum reach for the year on March 15, covering 5.84 million square miles. This is the sixth lowest maximum sea ice coverage in the 35-year satellite record.

"The last 10 years have been the lowest 10 years," said Walt Meier, a research scientist at the NSIDC. He added that while this year was low, "we actually have the largest growth of ice in our record from the minimum to the maximum" primarily because the ice was recovering from the record low in 2012.

In addition to the shrinking extent of sea ice, the remaining ice is thinning perhaps twice as fast as the observed ice extent, noted Wieslaw Maslowski, an oceanographer at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Those damn Navy liberals!
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#31725 Mar 27, 2013
litesong wrote:
fetid feces face flip flopper fiend wrote:
diarrhea.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.
At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
More and More diarrheas from the "pinheadliteout".
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31726 Mar 27, 2013
Reuters

KANGERLUSSUAQ, Greenland — On the Arctic Circle, a chef is growing the kind of vegetables and herbs - potatoes, thyme, tomatoes, green peppers - more fitting for a suburban garden in a temperate zone than a land of Northern Lights, glaciers and musk oxen.

Some Inuit hunters are finding reindeer fatter than ever thanks to more grazing on this frozen tundra, and for some, there is no longer a need to trek hours to find wild herbs.

Welcome to climate change in Greenland, where locals say longer and warmer summers mean the country can grow the kind of crops unheard of years ago.

"Every year we try new things," said Ernst, who even managed to grow a handful of strawberries that he served to some surprised Scandinavian royals. "I first came here in 1999 and no-one would have dreamed of doing this. But now the summer days seem warmer, and longer."

Major commercial crop production is still in its infancy. But it is a sign of changes here that Greenland's government set up a commission this year to study how a changing climate may help farmers increase agricultural production and replace expensive imported foods.

<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<

So, how come Greenland's government believes the hoax?

Maybe because it's not a hoax?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31728 Mar 27, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Reuters
KANGERLUSSUAQ, Greenland — On the Arctic Circle, a chef is growing the kind of vegetables and herbs - potatoes, thyme, tomatoes, green peppers - more fitting for a suburban garden in a temperate zone than a land of Northern Lights, glaciers and musk oxen.
Some Inuit hunters are finding reindeer fatter than ever thanks to more grazing on this frozen tundra, and for some, there is no longer a need to trek hours to find wild herbs.
Welcome to climate change in Greenland, where locals say longer and warmer summers mean the country can grow the kind of crops unheard of years ago.
"Every year we try new things," said Ernst, who even managed to grow a handful of strawberries that he served to some surprised Scandinavian royals. "I first came here in 1999 and no-one would have dreamed of doing this. But now the summer days seem warmer, and longer."
Major commercial crop production is still in its infancy. But it is a sign of changes here that Greenland's government set up a commission this year to study how a changing climate may help farmers increase agricultural production and replace expensive imported foods.
<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<
So, how come Greenland's government believes the hoax?
Maybe because it's not a hoax?
Real-world observations show us it's all warming up noticeably. Deniers are finding it harder and harder to defend a 'no warming' position, and are falling back on 'it's warming but humans aren't doing it.'

It's almost impossible to be a hard-line Denier and be taken seriously by ANYONE...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why 79 Percent of American Vegans are Women Wed non homo pheobie 2
News This piece of pro-Israel legislation is a serio... Mon Pro paganda 1
News NPR Boosts Latina Teens' Pro-Illegal Immigratio... Jul 22 Fart directory 6
News Couple who sued Kentucky clerk Kim Davis marry (Oct '15) Jul 22 Yep 11
News CA Judge Places Stiff Contempt Fine On Pro-Life... Jul 21 cpeter1313 1
News Once again, turkeys will fall, and it's legal (Oct '16) Jul 19 Simplefacts 14
News Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo dies a political pris... Jul 13 sad 1
More from around the web