Who still takes global warming seriously?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.
Comments
29,561 - 29,580 of 30,821 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2013
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. But I'd say that's the exception to the rule.
How's the recovery in your area from the tornados?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Agreed. But I'd say that's the exception to the rule.
We've been having some close calls lately(inside the orbit of the moon). Hope your 'exception to the rule' holds.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
How's the recovery in your area from the tornados?
Terrible. But I'm in the house, even though it's not finished.

It's mostly sealed though and averages about 70 degrees all the time with no heat or AC. That's what I was shooting for.

For instance, outside thermometer had 26 degrees this morning at 6:30; house was about 65.

Other people who don't know how to build, bought trailers or replaced with the same old building methods.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Symantec is a software company.
"Semantic" is what you're looking for and can't find. And logic, as well.
Had to give you something worth doing. As logic is concerned you have yet to display any. Try harder next time big gey or is it big guy?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Had to give you something worth doing. As logic is concerned you have yet to display any. Try harder next time big gey or is it big guy?
You got me. Hard to argue with that.

It's like wrestling with a pig. The pig likes it and I just get dirty.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me. Hard to argue with that.
It's like wrestling with a pig. The pig likes it and I just get dirty.
Well you actually you got yourself. If you like wrestling with pigs what do you like doing with sheep. Hay not interrested in your answer.Stcik with global warming or making corrections to spelling errors.
2 manygoats

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Nonscense wrote:
It's Global Warming, Stupid!
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-11-...
Chris Crawford, 22 minutes ago
I have work to do and the time has come for me to depart these precincts. It therefore behooves me to summarize what has happened here today.
We have seen deniers present the same old falsehoods over and over. I have repeatedly countered their falsehoods with explanations of the science involved, often providing citations to sources to support my claims.
In all of these cases, only once did a denier respond with evidence, which, upon investigation, proved to be incorrect, as I demonstrated by providing the entire quote in question.
One denier presented a link to an article that contradicted his claim; another denier presented a link to another denier. Not impressive.
In general, what we have seen is massive ignorance of basic science, a refusal to base arguments on evidence, lots of wild claims with no support, and a flood of opinions.
All of this serves to debunk the common suspicion that all the deniers who show up on blogs like this are being paid to do so by the fossil fuel industry. That suspicion is disproven by the behavior of deniers here; if they were professionals, they wouldn't make such dumb claims.
It's not science unless you doubt it.
But doubting is done best by minds 'that have a clue'.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

It's not science unless science prove science to be incorrect, Theyuse science to make corrections to show science is incorrect. It's a great thing to have science experts the media wouldn't have anything to write about.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

note to liberals:

stop stuffing your fat faces with your Twinkie stash, sell your IC automobile and start walking. The planet is depending on you.

Thank you.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

We like twinkies they help the global warming. Better to be warm than ice cold. Your Welcome.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

The media, all liberal institutes and crony capitalists believe in man made catastrophic global warming; I don't.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

The republicants learned nothing, nada, zilch from the last election where they marginalized all kinds of groups from immigrants, gays, women and others and continue to go after those folks.

http://front.moveon.org/rachel-maddow-on-how-...

Darling republicannots, Grand Ol' Party of White Old Men, wake up and smell this century as you continue to shrink your itsy bitsy white tent and think beyond the number "47 percenter".
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpstser diver wrote:
The media, all liberal institutes and crony capitalists believe in man made catastrophic global warming; I don't.
"steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpstser diver" believes in his hi skule deegreee without upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc. "steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpstser diver" believes in his errors of 73 million TIMES, 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, & 3000 TIMES. "steenking piddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpstser diver" believes in his slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms AND his alleged & proud threats.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
The republicants learned nothing, nada, zilch from the last election where they marginalized all kinds of groups from immigrants, gays, women and others and continue to go after those folks.
http://front.moveon.org/rachel-maddow-on-how-...
Darling republicannots, Grand Ol' Party of White Old Men, wake up and smell this century as you continue to shrink your itsy bitsy white tent and think beyond the number "47 percenter".
I like your 'republicannots'. How 'bout my 're-pubic-lick-uns'? The GOP is grand outdated party(all small letters).
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

More of the same from the GOP and the Blue Dogs. Then there is _g.
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

For microscopic animals living in the Gulf of Mexico, even worse than the toxic oil released during the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster may be the very oil dispersants used to clean it up, a new study finds.

More than 2 million gallons (7.5 million liters) of oil dispersants called Corexit 9527A and 9500A were dumped into the gulf in an effort to prevent oil from reaching shore and to help it degrade more quickly.

However, when oil and Corexit are combined, the mixture becomes up to 52 times more toxic than oil alone, according to a study published online this week in the journal Environmental Pollution.

"There is a synergistic interaction between crude oil and the dispersant that makes it more toxic," said Terry Snell, a study co-author and biologist at Georgia Tech. Using dispersants breaks up the oil into small droplets and makes it less visible, but, "on the other hand, makes it more toxic to the planktonic food chain," Snell told LiveScience.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

By Miguel Llanos, NBC News

What had been a blurry picture about polar ice especially how it impacts sea levels just got a whole lot clearer as experts on Thursday published a peer-reviewed study they say puts to rest the debate over whether the poles added to, or subtracted from, sea level rise over the last two decades.

Follow @NBCNewsWorld

"This improved certainty allows us to say definitively that both Antarctica and Greenland have been losing ice," lead author Andrew Shepherd of the University of Leeds in Britain, told reporters. Not only that, but the pace has tripled from the 1990s, the data indicate.

Combining satellite data from dozens of earlier studies, the study "shows that the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets have contributed just over 11 millimeters (0.4 inches) to global sea levels since 1992," he added. Two-thirds was from Greenland, a third from Antarctica.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
For microscopic animals living in the Gulf of Mexico, even worse than the toxic oil released during the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster may be the very oil dispersants used to clean it up, a new study finds.
More than 2 million gallons (7.5 million liters) of oil dispersants called Corexit 9527A and 9500A were dumped into the gulf in an effort to prevent oil from reaching shore and to help it degrade more quickly.
However, when oil and Corexit are combined, the mixture becomes up to 52 times more toxic than oil alone, according to a study published online this week in the journal Environmental Pollution.
"There is a synergistic interaction between crude oil and the dispersant that makes it more toxic," said Terry Snell, a study co-author and biologist at Georgia Tech. Using dispersants breaks up the oil into small droplets and makes it less visible, but, "on the other hand, makes it more toxic to the planktonic food chain," Snell told LiveScience.
Nature can clean up oil spills without our help.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Nature can clean up oil spills without our help.
Nature never cleaned up your spills here even with our help.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
Nature can clean up oil spills without our help.
Your mother cleaned up after you, & you decided not to worry about your messes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••