Gay-rights group faults city-by-city ...

Gay-rights group faults city-by-city fairness effort

There are 16 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Jan 22, 2013, titled Gay-rights group faults city-by-city fairness effort. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

One Kentucky gay-rights group has faulted the strategy of another to promote fairness ordinances in small cities around the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Afrofab

Mount Vernon, KY

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Why can't we all just get along?
Danny Stinnett

Brooks, KY

#2 Jan 26, 2013
I thank it is great that you have passed the fairness law ,All people have rights an you have shown America you care as a small city,You have a lot to show the world an america as well,Thanks for caring
Good Times

London, KY

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Good morning too all the gay people in Vicco.Rise & shine you little sleepy heads it is 3:43am .Don't want to waste a "GREAT DAY" sleeping it away.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Good Times wrote:
Good morning too all the gay people in Vicco.Rise & shine you little sleepy heads it is 3:43am .Don't want to waste a "GREAT DAY" sleeping it away.
3:43 am ?! I don't think so.
Good Times

London, KY

#6 Jan 27, 2013
I would like to know way it wasn't 3:43am.I can tell time.
Tina

Springfield, MO

#7 Feb 11, 2013
LMAO
AMY

East Bernstadt, KY

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Vicco inhabits many nice friendly gay residents. I love it !!!
i like men and women

London, KY

#9 Jun 12, 2013
lol ...
Lekisha Cordy

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Aug 9, 2013
what is that

Eubank, KY

#12 Aug 9, 2013
i'm afraid to click on those two links above. they might contain viruses.
Seth

Mount Vernon, KY

#14 Oct 21, 2013
AMY wrote:
Vicco inhabits many nice friendly gay residents. I love it !!!
That is a nice illusion but I am bisexual and I have experienced a lot of homophobia in Vicco so dont believe everything that you hear, dear.
-cee_cee-

East Bernstadt, KY

#16 Oct 27, 2013
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a nice illusion but I am bisexual and I have experienced a lot of homophobia in Vicco so dont believe everything that you hear, dear.
yes, you are correct, seth. i am bisexual too. i have dealt with plenty homophobia in vicco & from people who are from vicco. it wasn't pleasant. i feel sorry for people who believe that vicco is brimming with kind, compassionate, accepting, tolerant sweet hearts because that sure ain't the case but if you go on a t.v. show and act like most of the people in vicco are mayberry resident wannabes who just happen to be big champions of gay rights, i am sure that the gullible, lame brains in this country will believe it.
Get Real

London, KY

#17 Oct 28, 2013
Danny Stinnett wrote:
I thank it is great that you have passed the fairness law ,All people have rights an you have shown America you care as a small city,You have a lot to show the world an america as well,Thanks for caring
A few people got to vote on an ordinance, and somehow it made news.
If everyone who was a resident of Vicco got to vote on the ordinance, it might have turned out very differently. I lived in Vicco for a few years. I know that many people there isn't as tolerant of gay, lesbian and bisexual people as some people in the media would like for you to believe that everyone from Vicco is. When there is a camera in someone's face, they tend to sway which ever way the wind blows for some attention.
Get Real

London, KY

#18 Oct 28, 2013
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a nice illusion but I am bisexual and I have experienced a lot of homophobia in Vicco so dont believe everything that you hear, dear.
I am sorry to hear that. My sister is a lesbian. She also lived in Vicco for a while. She can relate to what you are saying. She experienced quite a bit of homophobia there as well.
Get Real

London, KY

#19 Oct 28, 2013
-cee_cee- wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, you are correct, seth. i am bisexual too. i have dealt with plenty homophobia in vicco & from people who are from vicco. it wasn't pleasant. i feel sorry for people who believe that vicco is brimming with kind, compassionate, accepting, tolerant sweet hearts because that sure ain't the case but if you go on a t.v. show and act like most of the people in vicco are mayberry resident wannabes who just happen to be big champions of gay rights, i am sure that the gullible, lame brains in this country will believe it.
DITTO. Ditto. DITTO. Oh, my goodness. Well said, Cee Cee.
Jo Jo

Martin, KY

#20 Oct 29, 2013
Afrofab wrote:
Why can't we all just get along?
thats right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge will render verdict Thursday in Anita Kra... (May '17) 7 min LexisNexis database 6
News New Trump office would protect conscience right... 32 min NOM s Waffle House 3
News EPA to ease emission restrictions on coal-fired... 45 min Trump is a joke 363
News Speaker, silent march planned for Martin Luther... 4 hr larry crotch 79
News Once again, the ACLU takes its place on the fro... (Feb '17) Tue C Kersey 11
News FEATURE-Gay and intersex asylum seekers find pl... Tue Rev Cash Dollar 7
News Removing Trump Will Require New Activists; The ... Jan 15 melissa 1
More from around the web