Activists claim Hurricane Sandy is product of global warming

Oct 26, 2012 Full story: Summit County Voice

A summer that started with a powerful and destructive Derecho across large parts of the eastern U.S. could end with a monster hybrid storm slamming the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, putting a punctuation mark on six months of extraordinary record-breaking weather, including heat waves and drought.

Full Story

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#1 Oct 27, 2012
What's new?
Everything bad that happens is claimed to be caused by Glowbull warming:
A complete list of things caused by global warming
http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm
PHD

Kempner, TX

#2 Oct 27, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
What's new?
Everything bad that happens is claimed to be caused by Glowbull warming:
A complete list of things caused by global warming
You missed one. The truth its your useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste HOT AIR!!! that is the cause of glowbull warming. Now if its global warming you are posting about that would be another subject that is beyound your realm of education. Now take your nap with another dose of your new meds.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#3 Oct 27, 2012
I've read the text and it doesn't really support what it claims in the subject line. The only claim so far is that warmer atlantic waters are fueling a more intense storm. Well, it gained strength despite being in the north atlantic so I can hardly claim that is faulty.

The only 'defense' this article provides is the 'handwaving' claim that the warmer waters might be 'cyclical variations in Atlantic weather patterns'.

Nonsense, of course. The 'thermal content' of the oceans is clearly rising as they capture about 90% of the warming from AGW. Inventing mysterious and causeless (read magical) changes doesn't form a 'rebuttal'.

That said, the storm is mostly due to weather, not climate. Weather is the proximate cause (converging storm systems) and this condition has happened enough not to blame the PRIMARY condition on AGW. i.e The 'perfect storm' of 1991, Hurricane Hazel in the fifties. Etc. Rare, but not AGW and not CLAIMED to be caused by AGW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New coalition airstrikes target ISIS near Syria... 16 hr Tim 1
Repeal law punishing gay sex with lashes in Ind... 18 hr Billy 9
For our First Nations, new museum a monument to... Mon Sedov 11
Thousands of police protect pride march in Serbia Mon Hungarian 101 10
Amnesty blasts China's torture tool industry Mon DEMOCRACY for CHINA 6
Kim Kardashian Facing Fur-ious Protest At Calab... (Apr '12) Mon Animal and humaine 6
Indonesia's Aceh approves caning for gay sex Sep 28 DNF 8

Activism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE