Westminster Christian Academy St Loui...
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
i saw too much

United States

#334 Nov 15, 2010
i saw a girl get r*ped in the boy's locker room. no lies. it was in eighth grade. she was held down. it was a black kid named "C" and a white kid named "NB". they were on top of her and covered her mouth with their hands.
another time, i was in a hot tub at a class retreat at "ME" house and "JF" told "EN" that he could r*pe her.
sexual repression? i think not.
ru an accomplice

Saint Louis, MO

#335 Nov 16, 2010
If you actually witnessed what you said in the boy's locker room and did not report the incident to the authorities you are as guilty as those who did the deed.
Sally Says So

Chesterfield, MO

#336 Aug 30, 2011
LIMP MANHOOD wrote:
THEY TEACH DEMONS WILL GET THEM IF THEY HAVE SEX. IT IS A CULT NOT A SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!
uhm, no they dont

you are all psycho
sarah

Chesterfield, MO

#337 Aug 30, 2011
westminster is a great education and the best schoool ever. i am a graduated student from the class of 08' and it taught me everything i need to know for the future. they never said anything about sex being evil
scott

Chesterfield, MO

#338 Aug 30, 2011
yeah. it teaches sex is great, but that we should save it for marrage. i have already graduated and I'm telling you that it is a great school.
a student

Ballwin, MO

#339 Aug 30, 2011
way2go wrote:
Great comments from Ben and others.
Keep em comin. Let's tell it like it really is and has been since WCASTL was founded. It's a school for a SELECT, CHOSEN few as taught by John Calvin and practiced at WCASTL. Their numbers aren't large so they need OTHERS to pay the bills and fund their offsprings education so they can go forth and multiply their beliefs and teachings.
You don't just get an education at WCASTL, you enable a cult to propogate and grow if you go.
it's not a cult. And, we have over 900 students...over 1000 people in our new building. It's an amazingly awesome christian school.
john jett

United States

#340 Sep 5, 2011
i went to wca. there was no communications as far
as life values.
there was a feeling of being wronged if you
did not fall with the values of the school.
some of the students came from different backgrounds and the school did not respond kindly
if you were an different ethinic background-not
white-.
the teachers seemed more in awe of their credentials than teaching longlasting values to students. the only christian values taught were
when you were in trouble by " the religious right"
to condemn you to perpetual indignity.
christianPEPER_

Hoopeston, IL

#341 Dec 27, 2011
scott wrote:
yeah. it teaches sex is great, but that we should save it for marrage. i have already graduated and I'm telling you that it is a great school.
I am a former student of Westminster Christian Academy. I have lived in other parts of the country and was even under cultic mind control in 2004 when I was roommates with a Jehovah’s Witness cult member. I have seen the good side of religion and the very bad side. When I was a student at Westminster the faculty was obsessed with sexual purity. This obsession with maintaining sexual purity had a bad effect on the students. Sexual dysfunction is a serious problem here in the Midwest because the churches promote unrealistic purity propaganda.
godly man

Bridgeton, MO

#342 Jan 4, 2012
I can not believe that Westminster is being attacked. I love Westminster. There is nothing that any coward who refuses to show his or her real name can do about it. Not every one that says Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of heaven but he that does the will of My Father which is in heaven.
Westminster must be prepared for the tares among the wheat that have been sent to attempt to destroy whatever God is building. Don't forget that the people of God are praying people and we are led by the HOLY SPIRIT, not by public opinion.
John 15:18-25. "If the world hate you , keep in mind that it hated Me first. If you belong to the world, it would love you as its own.....But this is to fulfil what is written in their Law:'They hated Me without reason. God spoke to me specifically to send my chilren to Westminster. The school is in my prayers. We love Westminster Thank God for the head of the school and the whole facaulty. Be encouraged in the Lord. We have been commissioned to carry the gospel not the gossip!
Christine Pearce

United States

#343 Apr 13, 2012
Westminster is not evil nor are the teachers. The students are a mix of Christians and those who are not. I worked there for 6 yrs in the janitorial dept. All 4 of my kids graduated from there. It is an excellent education! The staff are very aware of world events and work hard to teach the kids a christian world view. Most of the teachers have master and Phd's. If money was an issue, they'd teach in the public schools. The Bible is their highest authority and God teaches abstinance. The education is exceptional; the teachers caring. I think angry negative comments are from former students who didn't like the school, or the teachings,or the christian students. Ignore them. Often, parents put their troubled teens at a christian school hoping it will influence them for the better. Often it does, but usually the kids hate leaving their friends at the public school and they DON'T want to be at W.C.A.! My opinion is not to admit them if they don't want to come. Of course, W.C.A.s not perfect, but God's Hand of blessing has been evident from the start.
her father_s daughter

Hume, MO

#344 Jun 9, 2012
To A Godly Man:
people use pen-names for different reasons, not simply fear of retribution--I would ask you not to label every poster here who disagrees with you but who doesn't give their name as "coward".
Westminster does not (with most of its students) practice violent or coercive Brainwashing.[It prefers to recomend students who rebel from their social vision to christian youth-reform programs which DO practice Brainwashing.]
Westminster practics Thought Reform and is a totalistic institution (just like the JW's, just like a Catholic convent, etc).
Westminster is not unique--many schools practice this, to varying degrees. Westminster simply excells at it.
Many former students feel Westminster's psychological and social tactics are destructive to the growth and development of teens/young adults (and our concerns do not revolve around sex).
Most of the thought reform practiced at the school is passive, with the consent of the students. Students are not just recepients, they become co-indoctrinators of their peers. In my time there, I can say there were only a handful of instances where I thought "something is not right".
I had a stable friend group (the nicest group of young girls and guys anyone could imagine). I felt loved as one of God's children, and I felt encouraged by that peer-group and the teachers to pursue an ever-deepening relationship with Jesus Christ. I would have rather died than leave...but I didn't have a choice.
I continued visiting, going back to events, meeting with my friend-group for Bible Study--and I started to critically examine the social controls used in group settings that Westminster promotes. I came to grips with the internal controls Westminster taught me to use on myself, which had halted critical thinking, independent thought and development of my concience.
It was after much study and first-hand experience (and prayer) that I realized (toward the end of my Senior Year in high school) that connections with Westminster were unhealthy & I needed to disengage. This meant not only disconecting from group settings...it also meant ending friendships I'd had since grade school. That was a second trauma, but necessary. My friends were still caught up in the thought-processes of the school (and would soon be struggling to adjust themselves to the wider world). Every time I would dialogue with them I'd find the old Westminsterite emerging and the person God-had-called-me-to-be was supressed. I could not be a good friend to them in their struggle--and they could provide no support in mine. We had to emerge on our own--with the help of people who had never been connected with that place.
So, I accept your challenge.
My name is Lauren Beck.
I would have graduated with the class of 2006.
I know what happened with me.
I witnessed what happened with others.
I am still passionate...but am now also articulate.
I have proven my ability and stability in the wider world.
And I still care about what is happening at WCA.
I invite you, Godly Man, to a dialogue, either in this forum or in a private, e-mail exchange. I also invite current students, faculty, alumns (graduated and non-graduated) to the same. <[email protected] >
current parent

Ballwin, MO

#345 Jan 14, 2013
My child currently attends WCA. While I am not aware of every little thing that goes on there, I do know this. It is a decent school teaching biblical truths. And those biblical truths include abstinence, guidance on becoming a Christ-like young man or woman, and a biblical world-view in their thinking. For all of you that posted your sexual problems because of that school, you have a lot to learn. Grow up and search your soul before you blame the school for your dysfunction.
Wca student

Fenton, MO

#346 Mar 6, 2013
I know this is from forever ago but when I came across it I couldn't help myself.
The people who are said that Westminster is a cult: your parent's money was obviously not well spent because you are about as dumb as a horse's butt. Look up the definition of cult. Wca HAS NEVER forced their beliefs on ANYONE! Students are not forced to be or do anything they don't want to. Every single class I have taken has been open to discussing different views and ways of at looking at a subject. I have not once had an opinion pushed on me the way you all are explaining it! And secondly: Sex is not at all taught as a "bad" thing. It is taught as a wonderful gift that God has given to us to save for marriage. So, know what your talking about before you speak.
Mofuck

Saint Louis, MO

#348 Feb 21, 2014
Horny Weeners
WCA Parent

Waterloo, IL

#349 Jul 25, 2014
We've had great experience at WCA. the previous tirade in no way resembles anything our family has experienced. We currently have 4 kids enrolled, and have graduated a 5th. We were missionaries for many years and my husband now serves as a pastor. No place is perfect, but our kids have loved being at WCA; they love the teachers, and staff, and we have appreciated the graciousness of the administration. We are looking into the Promise Academy for our youngest, and it's a big plus that the Director is a WCA graduate!
Current Student

Ocala, FL

#350 Jul 25, 2014
WCA Parent wrote:
We've had great experience at WCA. the previous tirade in no way resembles anything our family has experienced. We currently have 4 kids enrolled, and have graduated a 5th. We were missionaries for many years and my husband now serves as a pastor. No place is perfect, but our kids have loved being at WCA; they love the teachers, and staff, and we have appreciated the graciousness of the administration. We are looking into the Promise Academy for our youngest, and it's a big plus that the Director is a WCA graduate!
I read what you wrote and was very touched by it! I currently attend WCA and will start my 3rd year there as a freshman in a few weeks. After all the negative stuff said on here about WCA I really appreciate this positive post. I really enjoy WCA and find it to be a good safe place. Honestly I don't think most of the stuff said here was true. PS Promise is Awesome! My sibling attends there and it is a really good place too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video company challenges gay marriage law 2 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 3
News Trump names Scott Pruitt, Oklahoma attorney gen... 6 hr IB DaMann 2
News James Franco's Gay Drama 'I Am Michael' Opens N... Mon TomInElPaso 8
News 1875: The Global Warming Solution Dec 4 IB DaMann 5
News Spike Lee premieres University of Missouri film... (Apr '16) Dec 1 zionist HLWD 2
News Immigration fighters optimistic about Trump Nov 29 tomin cali 1
News To be gay in Jamaica "to be dead" (Apr '07) Nov 25 Madmaxx 1,335
More from around the web