Can Los Angeles ban medical marijuana shops? Voters set to decide.

Sep 18, 2012 Full story: Christian Science Monitor

Pedestrians walk past a medical marijuana dispensary in the Echo Park area of Los Angeles on July 24.

Full Story
Kyle

Wayne, PA

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Why can't they just try to find a solution to the problem that fits everyone or most needs instead of just trying to ban marijuana dispensaries from the start. Don't they understand that these dispensaries bring a lot of good to the people who use them. And if the city government and people are voting to ban medicinal shops just to ban marijuana im not saying all of them but most likely a good amount than thats completely being irrational and basically are just obsesses with their views rather than what's best for the good of the people... And I don't know putting what's best for the good of the people over ones view is what this country was fonded on so maybe those council men should look back about 240 years ago. And one last thing our founding fathers were stoners and have many quotes saying the good thing marijuana brings and their favourite activity was to smoke their own hemp. So maybe just maybe our society was implemented and supposed to run on marijuana high thoughts, instead of being obsessed with money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Activism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You've Probably Never Heard of America's Worst ... 22 hr medioguarddia 2
EDITORIAL: Rajendra Pachauri resigns U.N. globa... Thu SpaceBlues 1
Hundreds to mark 50th year since Malcolm X's as... Wed Mujahid 7
Top Global Warming Lies Feb 25 SpaceBlues 16
Chief Justice's stance on gay marriage sets sta... Feb 24 Latter Day Taints 5
Hundreds mark 50 years since Malcolm X's assass... Feb 24 Runaway Slave 9
The Oregonian's misleading take on climate change Feb 22 SpaceBlues 1
More from around the web