ACLU says Tenn. judge can't ban 'Mess...

ACLU says Tenn. judge can't ban 'Messiah' baby name

There are 6 comments on the KSDK NewsChannel 5 story from Aug 12, 2013, titled ACLU says Tenn. judge can't ban 'Messiah' baby name. In it, KSDK NewsChannel 5 reports that:

A Tennessee judge should not have barred a couple from naming their child "Messiah," said the executive director of the ACLU of Tennessee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSDK NewsChannel 5.

Tea Party Supporter

Huntsville, AL

#1 Aug 14, 2013
This is bullsh*t. Now we cant name our own childern. Are we in Syria?
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Aug 14, 2013
Judge needs to go back and take Con Law I again.
Idiot.
/benchslap
HumanSpirit

Lake Butler, FL

#3 Aug 17, 2013
I cant imagine a female judge climbing and utilizing the tray from the "Scales of Justice" as an elevated platform to squat and piss on the rights of the people.

The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Aug 25, 2013
The ACLU is (has) gotten too big for its britches of late. It's always involved with "off color" situations, as though it has nothing of valid course to get in the middle of.(don't bother judging negatively because it won't matter.)
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Aug 26, 2013
The Rogue wrote:
The ACLU is (has) gotten too big for its britches of late. It's always involved with "off color" situations, as though it has nothing of valid course to get in the middle of.(don't bother judging negatively because it won't matter.)
Gosh, and if you understood what their mission was and why, you would understand why they are nearly always going to be on the side of the undergod/minority, or whatever view is unpopular and being subjected to censorship.
/facepalm
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#7 Aug 26, 2013
Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, and if you understood what their mission was and why, you would understand why they are nearly always going to be on the side of the undergod/minority, or whatever view is unpopular and being subjected to censorship.
/facepalm
In a way, you've said the same as I did but in a different way. Perhaps a better, politically accurate way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ACLU Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 hr Genesis Enigma 163,074
News ACLU Warns Trump: Pardoning Arpaio Would Be - P... Aug 17 spud 14
News Is it time for public schools to put religion b... Aug 17 countryboy 1
News Horse-riding, 10 Commandments-defending judge n... Aug 16 Christsharians on... 2
News Strange bedfellows: The ACLU, free speech and N... Aug 16 Christsharians on... 7
News Politicians blocking people on social media ign... Aug 11 YouDidntBuildThat 3
News Why the ACLU is suing Texas over SB4 Aug 10 C Kersey 2
More from around the web