It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 161443 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#125952 Jan 23, 2014
mrksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for not addressing a single point of my post. Your long winded excuse for not answering is very smithvillian of you. You have about as many points as a roll of toilet paper. Wanna address how you can't defend your inability to provide a violation to the Law of Biogenesis? I have no idea if you are an atheist or not. But if you reject a creator, how do you justify believing a false theory that from the beginning demands a violation of a known scientific law, in which you can't provide this violation? Ok...feel free to reply on how I hate birds....or something....

I refuted you chapter and verse, as always. You can squirm while I destroy you again and again. Your notions of arcane.
KAB

United States

#125953 Jan 23, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
You're entitled to your dataless opinion.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#125954 Jan 23, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You have identified evidence that humans are related to chimps. We could be related by design, couldn't we?
Sure. Just like we could have been created this way by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Equally as plausible.

But go take it up with Markie, he has serious issues with God using evolution, even though it's essential for fundamentalist Christian theology either way.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#125955 Jan 23, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It beats the opinion that snakes and donkeys are fluently conversational in ancient middle east languages.

“It Is What It Is”

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#125956 Jan 23, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Just like we could have been created this way by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Equally as plausible.
But go take it up with Markie, he has serious issues with God using evolution, even though it's essential for fundamentalist Christian theology either way.
In the beginning there was nothing .Then nothing exploded ( the “big bang”) then some nothings got together and became something.

Millions of years passed. As the gaseous remains of the “big bang” spread out some of it became galaxies, stars, and planets.

Millions of years passed. On one of the planets acquired water.

Millions of years passed. Some rocks and minerals dissolved into puddles becoming the primordial soup.

Millions of years passed. Something in the soup just came to life.

Millions of years passed. This “life” just became more complex and mutated and mutated.

Millions of years passed. This is where ALL life comes from!

Talk about a fairytale.

We were created to adapt to the changing world to insure our survival. Evolution is used as the mechanism that has been and forever will change the designs of all living creatures.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#125957 Jan 23, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

My facts are facts. Read the Bible or a science book.

It is your opinion that is dataless. You have no grasp of science which makes teaching you science impossible. Even the desire to learn is missing in favor of your deluded self beliefs which are not grounded in reality.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#125958 Jan 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It beats the opinion that snakes and donkeys are fluently conversational in ancient middle east languages.

And floods and magic poofing and 50,000 year old universes (which is what JWs are mandated to believe).
mrksman11

Asheville, NC

#125959 Jan 23, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I stand by it. No apology necessary.
YEt you didn't post it. I see you're a real winner. remind me to never go to Smithville.
KAB

United States

#125960 Jan 23, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
What's not plausible about design? If you allow for God why won't you allow God to design?
KAB

United States

#125961 Jan 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
KAB

United States

#125962 Jan 23, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
And floods and magic poofing and 50,000 year old universes (which is what JWs are mandated to believe).
It's not me who believes in magic poofing buoyancy, wherein rising of the object occurs without anything pushing under it to raise it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#125963 Jan 23, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not me who believes in magic poofing buoyancy, wherein rising of the object occurs without anything pushing under it to raise it.

LOL. You still crying about losing that argument? Next time try to have a point rather than just playing pretend.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#125964 Jan 23, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What's not plausible about design? If you allow for God why won't you allow God to design?

God can design his little heart out. But when the evidence is for natural causes and not magic poofing we got to go with that.

Sorry, no exceptions.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#125965 Jan 23, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
God can design his little heart out. But when the evidence is for natural causes and not magic poofing we got to go with that.
Sorry, no exceptions.
The same evidence is for design. I know that multiple explanations fitting the same evidence has been an extremely hard concept for your side to grasp, but perhaps some day you will come to recognize/acknowledge that reality. BTW, why do you invoke magic poofing with regard to buoyancy?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#125966 Jan 23, 2014
mrksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>YEt you didn't post it. I see you're a real winner. remind me to never go to Smithville.
You better stop making fun of Smithville.

You made a statement more than once, that biblical events such as Noah's flood, a geocentric universe and a flat earth were supernatural. Just because I can't find all the specific posts doesn't mean you didn't post it. You did.

#125967 Jan 23, 2014
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Science has refuted none of that. These are supernatural events, and you can't disprove the supernatural with science. I wish you guys would learn to discern between things of faith, and science. Science is unqualified to deal with the supernatural by its very definition.
I did a quick search and found this one dipwad. Deny this. It is post 1061 of this thread. You were responding to Bob of Quantum Faith and his list of biblical items refuted by science. You called them supernatural then and on other occasions. You don't really know what you are talking about most of the time. I am not surprised you don't remember anything you post.

Some of this can be considered supernatural events, but some are supposed to be real events.

Here is Bob's post you responded to.

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis creation.
Noah's flood.
The story about Joshuah and the sun going backwards in the sky (the sun does *not* go around the earth....)
The bible's descriptions of the earth being a flat disc.
The bible's descriptions of the sky being a crystal dome, held up by 4 pillars.
The magical parting of the red sea by Moses.
Jesus walking on water, and magically making storms go away.
Jesus raising dead people and "curing" the sick.
In fact? Any magic. Or "miracle" if you prefer (same thing, though).
And let's just not get into the entire mushroom hallucination that is "Revelations"

#125968 Jan 23, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The same evidence is for design. I know that multiple explanations fitting the same evidence has been an extremely hard concept for your side to grasp, but perhaps some day you will come to recognize/acknowledge that reality. BTW, why do you invoke magic poofing with regard to buoyancy?
There is no evidence for design. What you are referring to is your efforts to desperately misconstrue and manipulate the evidence and make it conform to your predetermined beliefs. That is what you do and it is recognized. Many have told you this.

#125969 Jan 23, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't anyone's fault but your own that you deny physics because it doesn't support your wild ass claims.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#125970 Jan 24, 2014
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Your ignorance of science is showing again. Please read some material on the scientific method.

You lost the buoyancy debate. You want to get beaten up again?

Nothing (extra) needs to push up from the bottom. If I attach a string to a cube on the bottom of a tank of water and pull it up is THAT magic poofing? You play simple word games that no one else cares to play. You are FORCED to do that because you don't know the science and want to live in a denialistic universe. That is fine for you, but don't try to drag us down the rabbit hole.

Untill you understand the scientific method you can make believe whatever you like, but the constraints of the method leave you out in the cold. You simply cannot make predictions off of magic poofing.

Simple, eh?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#125971 Jan 24, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I did a quick search and found this one dipwad. Deny this. It is post 1061 of this thread. You were responding to Bob of Quantum Faith and his list of biblical items refuted by science. You called them supernatural then and on other occasions. You don't really know what you are talking about most of the time. I am not surprised you don't remember anything you post.
Some of this can be considered supernatural events, but some are supposed to be real events.
Here is Bob's post you responded to.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis creation.
Noah's flood.
The story about Joshuah and the sun going backwards in the sky (the sun does *not* go around the earth....)
The bible's descriptions of the earth being a flat disc.
The bible's descriptions of the sky being a crystal dome, held up by 4 pillars.
The magical parting of the red sea by Moses.
Jesus walking on water, and magically making storms go away.
Jesus raising dead people and "curing" the sick.
In fact? Any magic. Or "miracle" if you prefer (same thing, though).
And let's just not get into the entire mushroom hallucination that is "Revelations"

I miss the Bob's.
Bob of QF and
Fossil Bob.

Where for art thou?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ACLU Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As major cities crack down on panhandling, peop... 2 hr panhandle 1
News Civil rights group sues in US court over immigr... Sat tomin cali 1
News Appeals court: NSA surveillance challenge can m... May 24 NSA Failures 1
News Civil rights groups challenge Alabama county's ... May 22 Joyce hamilton 1
News City faces ACLU suit over cop firing May 16 Ian 1
News Texas Bill Would Let Adoption Agencies Refuse P... May 8 Just Think 4
News Immigrants being held in Oregon jail staged hun... May 6 Rico from East Lo... 2
More from around the web