It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164673 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

United States

#119045 Jul 1, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way cheetah and bison bottlenecks are determined. If the method is good enough for things you think support your Bible stories, it's good enough for things you think refute your Bible stories.
I accept that the cheetah and buffalo bottleneck timing determinations may be incorrect. Can you confirm they're not?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#119046 Jul 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have responded to every category you mention, and you have not overcome/responded to the challenges. For example, how are the human bottleneck timings determined, and how is it confirmed there could not have been a bottleneck 4500 years ago?
Still waiting for your evidence that your world wide flood even occurred. Considering that everything is stacked against it, you will need a lot of evidence to support it. One big one, where did all the water go?
LowellGuy

United States

#119047 Jul 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have responded to every category you mention, and you have not overcome/responded to the challenges. For example, how are the human bottleneck timings determined, and how is it confirmed there could not have been a bottleneck 4500 years ago?
You're relying on every geneticist being incompetent except when they get results you like. If it's good enough for what confirms tour story, it's good enough for what contradicts your story. Either trust the science consistently or dismiss it consistently. Otherwise, you're cherrypicking, which is dishonest. Liar.
LowellGuy

United States

#119048 Jul 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept that the cheetah and buffalo bottleneck timing determinations may be incorrect. Can you confirm they're not?
That's what geneticists do. Do you trust geneticists to make competent and accurate determinations about genetic bottlenecks? Yes or no.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#119049 Jul 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Not his job, Bozo.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#119050 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for your evidence that your world wide flood even occurred. Considering that everything is stacked against it, you will need a lot of evidence to support it. One big one, where did all the water go?
The whole thing, from how the animals crossed the continents, where the water came from, how Noah and company managed to survive the worst storm of all history in a wooden boat that should have capsized in anything but the calmest water, how they took care of feeding the animals, how they kept the predators from eating the herbivores, where the water went to and how the animals got back to the various continents that they came from in the first place, and all of the missing genetic evidence.

Are you ready?

It was ancient Jewish magic.

Where did the water come from?

Ancient Jewish magic.

Where did it go?

Ancient Jewish magic.

How did the animals cross the continents, twice?

Ancient Jewish magic, twice.

Somebody should market that stuff.

“A belief is formed personally.”

Since: Jun 13

Not forced.

#119051 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole thing, from how the animals crossed the continents, where the water came from, how Noah and company managed to survive the worst storm of all history in a wooden boat that should have capsized in anything but the calmest water, how they took care of feeding the animals, how they kept the predators from eating the herbivores, where the water went to and how the animals got back to the various continents that they came from in the first place, and all of the missing genetic evidence.
Are you ready?
Ancient Jewish magic.
Where did it go?
Ancient Jewish magic.
Where does it say it was the worst storm in history? Just because it rains does not mean it is a storm. Good steady two day rains are great for farmers and there are no storms with many of them.

Wooden boat? Is that not how the settlers, pilgrims, Columbus and many others got here from across the ocean on a wooden boat? I mean I don't think Columbus, the English or pilgrims had anything but wooden boats unless they had steel boats and I missed that in history class.

Not forced.

#119052 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ready?
Ancient Jewish magic.
Where did it go?
Ancient Jewish magic.
It took Columbus 69 days to cross the ocean with a wooden boat. So being afloat on a wooden boat for a long term of time has been proven.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119053 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say it was the worst storm in history? Just because it rains does not mean it is a storm. Good steady two day rains are great for farmers and there are no storms with many of them.
Wooden boat? Is that not how the settlers, pilgrims, Columbus and many others got here from across the ocean on a wooden boat? I mean I don't think Columbus, the English or pilgrims had anything but wooden boats unless they had steel boats and I missed that in history class.

Is it your habit of answering only 1% of what is put to you?

Subduction Zone wrote: The whole thing, from how the animals crossed the continents, where the water came from, how Noah and company managed to survive the worst storm of all history in a wooden boat that should have capsized in anything but the calmest water, how they took care of feeding the animals, how they kept the predators from eating the herbivores, where the water went to and how the animals got back to the various continents that they came from in the first place, and all of the missing genetic evidence. Are you ready? It was ancient Jewish magic. Where did the water come from? Ancient Jewish magic. Where did it go? Ancient Jewish magic. How did the animals cross the continents, twice? Ancient Jewish magic, twice. Somebody should market that stuff.

Everett, WA

#119054 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Name any other storm where it rained for "forty days and forty nights". Have you ever calculated how hard it would have had to rain for over 5 miles of water to fall down in that period of time?

Yes, early settlers got here on much smaller wooden boats. You need to acquaint yourself with the square/cube law. Bigger is not necessarily better.

His boat was too large to be stable if built of wood.

Everett, WA

#119055 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
It took Columbus 69 days to cross the ocean with a wooden boat. So being afloat on a wooden boat for a long term of time has been proven.
Yes, smaller wooden boats. The Nina was only 50 feet long.

Find me a wooden boat as big as the Ark was supposed to be.

Everett, WA

#119056 Jul 1, 2013
Noah's Ark would have been 9 times as long as the Nina. A slight swell would probably have broken it apart.

Not forced.

#119057 Jul 1, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your habit of answering only 1% of what is put to you?
Subduction Zone wrote: The whole thing, from how the animals crossed the continents, where the water came from, how Noah and company managed to survive the worst storm of all history in a wooden boat that should have capsized in anything but the calmest water, how they took care of feeding the animals, how they kept the predators from eating the herbivores, where the water went to and how the animals got back to the various continents that they came from in the first place, and all of the missing genetic evidence. Are you ready? It was ancient Jewish magic. Where did the water come from? Ancient Jewish magic. Where did it go? Ancient Jewish magic. How did the animals cross the continents, twice? Ancient Jewish magic, twice. Somebody should market that stuff.
Read the bible

Not forced.

#119058 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Name any other storm where it rained for "forty days and forty nights". Have you ever calculated how hard it would have had to rain for over 5 miles of water to fall down in that period of time?
Yes, early settlers got here on much smaller wooden boats. You need to acquaint yourself with the square/cube law. Bigger is not necessarily better.
His boat was too large to be stable if built of wood.
Thee are not any others. God said he would never do that again. He would never destroy mankind with another flood. Thus it will never happen again. And guess what, it hasn't.

Everett, WA

#119059 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Thee are not any others. God said he would never do that again. He would never destroy mankind with another flood. Thus it will never happen again. And guess what, it hasn't.
It never happened period.

There is no evidence of a world wide flood.

But at least you seem to be willing to admit that it was the worst storm ever. Let's say only half of the water was in the form of rain. That is still 180 inches per hour!!!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119060 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
40 days of rain that flooded the entire planet could not be called a storm? O key-dokey then.
Man-on-Fire wrote:
You obviously slept through navel architecture class though or you would understand why building a wooden ship of this size is ridiculous.

Seffner, FL

#119061 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
The Santa Maria was just a bit over 60' in length. Vastly different from the Ark at about 450'.

Seffner, FL

#119062 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet of him.

Not forced.

#119063 Jul 1, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
40 days of rain that flooded the entire planet could not be called a storm? O key-dokey then.
<quoted text>
You obviously slept through navel architecture class though or you would understand why building a wooden ship of this size is ridiculous.
Sorry bud I wasn't a squid. I was a jarhead

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#119064 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the bible

I have. Several of them, actually.

The NASB is my personal favorite. No, it is not fun to read like the KJV nor as flowing as the NIV, but it is a solid translation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ACLU Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl with cerebral palsy is being held in imm... 7 hr Pan Con Aquacate 1
News ACLU sues Nevada, alleging constitutionally ina... 8 hr Enter Name Here 2
News El Paso County jail is home to people too poor ... Nov 15 Michael Sandoval 1
News Senate Democrats Slam Trump Admin Over Lack of ... Nov 13 tomin cali 1
News ACLU wants to know why Columbus schools dropped... Nov 11 Christmas Will Win 2
News Roy Moore removed '90s divorce case after barri... Nov 10 Ex Senator Stillb... 11
News Suit seeks release of immigrant girl detained a... Nov 10 Hathor 2
More from around the web