NY judge: Anti-gay marriage law unconstitutional

Jun 6, 2012 Full story: WSVN-TV Miami Beach 111

A federal judge in Manhattan joined a growing chorus of judges across the country Wednesday by striking down a key component of a federal law denying benefits to partners in a gay marriage.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 6, 2012
That durn ol' Constitution just keeps getting in the way of the right wing agenda.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3 Jun 6, 2012
Aw look, the zealot freaks are going to be all pissy and pouty now.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4 Jun 6, 2012
Were we All not created equal?? Then we should NOT be even having this discussion...nit-pick every detail..then the hate ensues..causing more friction...You are in a union by law..then you should have equal rights by law..

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#5 Jun 7, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Were we All not created equal?? Then we should NOT be even having this discussion...nit-pick every detail..then the hate ensues..causing more friction...You are in a union by law..then you should have equal rights by law..
Hey CC,
Nice to read your post in this neck of the woods on topix.

Yep, we are all created equal and if a couple is legally married.....then they deserve to have the same rights, benefits and privileges of any other legally married couple regardless of the make-up of the married couple:-)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6 Jun 7, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey CC,
Nice to read your post in this neck of the woods on topix.
Yep, we are all created equal and if a couple is legally married.....then they deserve to have the same rights, benefits and privileges of any other legally married couple regardless of the make-up of the married couple:-)
RNL2008..WOW! Chick..nice to see ya over here also..I firmly believe the same thing. Have a ROCKIN' Thursday!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#7 Jun 7, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>RNL2008..WOW! Chick..nice to see ya over here also..I firmly believe the same thing. Have a ROCKIN' Thursday!!
You too.....remember to ROCK ON:-)
DENG

Nanjing, China

#8 Jun 7, 2012
SO HOW IS IT NATURAL BEHAVIOR WHERE TWO OF THE SAME SEX MARRY??? THE WOMEN OF CHINA WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS BIOLOGICALLY ACCOMPLISHED???

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9 Jun 7, 2012
DENG wrote:
SO HOW IS IT NATURAL BEHAVIOR WHERE TWO OF THE SAME SEX MARRY??? THE WOMEN OF CHINA WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS BIOLOGICALLY ACCOMPLISHED???
How is it natural that some god wished everything into existence 6,000 years ago?
DENG

Nanjing, China

#10 Jun 7, 2012
CHINA PEOPLE HAVE BEEN PLANTING CROPS FOR 14,000 YEARS.

DENG wrote:

SO HOW IS IT NATURAL BEHAVIOR WHERE TWO OF THE SAME SEX MARRY??? THE WOMEN OF CHINA WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS BIOLOGICALLY ACCOMPLISHED???

How is it natural that some god wished everything into existence 6,000 years ago?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it natural that some god wished everything into existence 6,000 years ago?
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#11 Jun 7, 2012
DENG wrote:
SO HOW IS IT NATURAL BEHAVIOR WHERE TWO OF THE SAME SEX MARRY??? THE WOMEN OF CHINA WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS BIOLOGICALLY ACCOMPLISHED???
How is typing on a keyboard "natural behavior?"
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#12 Jun 7, 2012
Aside from recriminalizing homosexual behavior, the other answer to stopping these assaults on traditional values existent for 6000 years of human history is to impeach the judges assaulting good law. Get the judges seeing the Constitution as a suicide pact for the nation off the benches.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#13 Jun 7, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Aside from recriminalizing homosexual behavior, the other answer to stopping these assaults on traditional values existent for 6000 years of human history is to impeach the judges assaulting good law. Get the judges seeing the Constitution as a suicide pact for the nation off the benches.
If you had half a brain, combined with your insanity, you'd be dangerous.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#14 Jun 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had half a brain, combined with your insanity, you'd be dangerous.
When you give up trying to eliminate 1/3 of all the words in human language, get back to me.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15 Jun 7, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
When you give up trying to eliminate 1/3 of all the words in human language, get back to me.
You would be very dangerous if you had half a brain.
The Troll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#16 Jun 7, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
impeach the judges yap yap yap blah blah blah...
Never gonna happen,'cos you don't have the votes. Deal with it.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#17 Jun 7, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Aside from recriminalizing homosexual behavior, the other answer to stopping these assaults on traditional values existent for 6000 years of human history is to impeach the judges assaulting good law. Get the judges seeing the Constitution as a suicide pact for the nation off the benches.
Ya know......stupid should hurt and people from your neck of the woods shouldn't be allowed to marry their sister, but hey......ya don't see us interfering with your mating habits, do ya?

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with Kitty, if you had half brain.....you'd be dangerous!!!

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#18 Jun 7, 2012
DENG wrote:
SO HOW IS IT NATURAL BEHAVIOR WHERE TWO OF THE SAME SEX MARRY??? THE WOMEN OF CHINA WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS BIOLOGICALLY ACCOMPLISHED???
Marriage isn't "natural behavior", period. It's a human construct. However, we do see homosexuality in numerous species of animals which seems to indicate it is a naturally occurring thing.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#19 Jun 7, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Aside from recriminalizing homosexual behavior, the other answer to stopping these assaults on traditional values existent for 6000 years of human history is to impeach the judges assaulting good law. Get the judges seeing the Constitution as a suicide pact for the nation off the benches.
These "traditional values" were different just a couple hundred years ago. Marriage wasn't about love for most of human history. Marriages were basically arranged and used for business deals.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#20 Jun 7, 2012
llDayo wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage isn't "natural behavior", period. It's a human construct. However, we do see homosexuality in numerous species of animals which seems to indicate it is a naturally occurring thing.
Naturally occurring... or acts of desperation?

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#21 Jun 7, 2012
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally occurring... or acts of desperation?
Desperation of what? Very few animals have sex for pleasure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ACLU Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Chimney1 138,183
Civil Rights Groups Call On UN In Detroit Water... Oct 19 keo58 5
Gay marriage developments: Alaska couples wait Oct 17 Gremlin 12
Republican mayor sued for comparing atheists to... Oct 15 diecuts 6
Arizona Law Denying Bail to Undocumented Immigr... Oct 15 Who Pays 1
Leonard Pitts Jr.: U.S. citizens have a right t... Oct 14 usa or africa jun... 1
Boston residents, activists rally against stop-... Oct 14 llDayo 2

ACLU People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE