Death of woman denied abortion blamed...
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#21 Apr 21, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The Texas case, Roe v. Wade involved a pregnant, single woman, "Roe," who was suing the Dallas County district attorney, Henry Wade, to prevent him from enforcing Texas' abortion prohibition. Since her life was not threatened by her pregnancy, she had no legal basis for aborting in Texas (prohibitive abortion laws had existed in Texas with very little change since 1854, but had always included an exception to save the life of the mother). The Georgia case, Doe v. Bolton, involved a married woman who was also denied an abortion for not meeting the necessary state requirements (Georgia law allowed for abortion if the life or health of the mother was threatened, if the baby was seriously deformed, or if the pregnancy was a result of rape).
http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abor...
Let's try again. You said,
zef wrote:
< Abortion has always been legal to save the life of the mother..
We are not talking about RvW. You made a claim that has nothing to do with RvW. YOu claimed that abortion has ALWAYS been legal to save the life of the mother. That is not a claim restricted to the USA, or to the 20th century. Either admit you made it up or support the claim.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Apr 21, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try again. You said,
<quoted text>
We are not talking about RvW. You made a claim that has nothing to do with RvW. YOu claimed that abortion has ALWAYS been legal to save the life of the mother. That is not a claim restricted to the USA, or to the 20th century. Either admit you made it up or support the claim.
Take note of what was said about the selective service, which is restricted to the USA, being in the same paragraph as what was said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother, which should easily be inferred as being restricted to the USA, being in the same paragraph and all. One might understand your confusion, if what I said about the selective service and what I said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother being about two different places, if what I said about the selective service and what I said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother were in two separate paragraphs. But what I said about the selective service and what I said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother weren't in two separate paragraphs. It was one paragraph about one place. The USA.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Men between the ages of 18 and 25 are required to register so that a draft can be readily resumed. If people are required to do something than it really doesn't much matter what they choose to do. Abortion to save the life of the mother has always been legal.
All female humans are women, no matter how much that fact interferes desire to kill young women with abortion.
woman
noun
1. the female human being
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/woman
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#23 Apr 22, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Take note of what was said about the selective service, which is restricted to the USA, being in the same paragraph as what was said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother, which should easily be inferred as being restricted to the USA, being in the same paragraph and all. One might understand your confusion, if what I said about the selective service and what I said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother being about two different places, if what I said about the selective service and what I said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother were in two separate paragraphs. But what I said about the selective service and what I said about abortion always being legal to save the life of the mother weren't in two separate paragraphs. It was one paragraph about one place. The USA.
<quoted text>
Now I know you are either a Poe or severely deranged. No one can be so dense to think that a specific claim in a separate sentence is dependent on a separate, unrelated claim that may or may not have been in the same paragraph. Anyone who understands the English language and basic logic sees what you are doing. Haven't you wondered why even other pro-life nutjobs have run to your defense? They want to be as far from idiots like you as possible.
Ocean56

AOL

#24 Apr 22, 2013
zef wrote:
Legal or not, anyone killing anyone is an option and not required. You are insane.
No, zeffie, my sanity is just fine. YOURS, on the other hand...

As I said before, motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, which means NO woman has to be a mother unless she WANTS to be. Don't like it? Too bad. You don't get to make sexual or reproductive decisions for anyone but yourself.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#25 Apr 22, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Dodging your own words?

No one has misunderstood you, nor has anyone confused your asinine comparisons.

You made a statement that you can not back up.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Apr 22, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodging your own words?
No one has misunderstood you, nor has anyone confused your asinine comparisons.
You made a statement that you can not back up.
I supplied several pieces of information to back up my statement. You have supplied nothing but your asinine comments.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
A pregnant single woman (Roe) brought a class action challenging the constitutionality of the Texas criminal abortion laws, which proscribe procuring or attempting an abortion except on medical advice for the purpose of saving the mother's life.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
The first U. S. Supreme Court decision dealing with abortion was rendered in 1971. In United States v. Vuitch, the Court denied a vagueness challenge to the District of Columbia abortion statute. 5 The net effect of the Vuitch decision was to expand the availability of abortions under the D. C. law's provision allowing abortions where "necessary for the preservation of the mother's... health."
http://www.policyalmanac.org/culture/archive/...
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
A pregnant single woman (Roe) brought a class action challenging the constitutionality of the Texas criminal abortion laws, which proscribe procuring or attempting an abortion except on medical advice for the purpose of saving the mother's life.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
The first U. S. Supreme Court decision dealing with abortion was rendered in 1971. In United States v. Vuitch, the Court denied a vagueness challenge to the District of Columbia abortion statute. 5 The net effect of the Vuitch decision was to expand the availability of abortions under the D. C. law's provision allowing abortions where "necessary for the preservation of the mother's... health."
http://www.policyalmanac.org/culture/archive/...
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Apr 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, zeffie, my sanity is just fine. YOURS, on the other hand...
As I said before, motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, which means NO woman has to be a mother unless she WANTS to be. Don't like it? Too bad. You don't get to make sexual or reproductive decisions for anyone but yourself.
You don't have to be a mother to kill people, and people can kill anybody, not just their babies. Murder is always an option for anyone. Decision making is a mental process. No one but themselves can make any decision about anything. You are insane.

Minneapolis

#29 Apr 22, 2013
zef wrote:
Conscription in the United States has been employed several times. Men between the ages of 18 and 25 are required to register so that a draft can be readily resumed if needed.
Between 1965 and 1975, faced with well over 100,000 apparent draft offenders, the federal government indicted 22,500 men, of whom 8,800 were convicted and 4,000 imprisoned. As the Supreme Court expanded the criteria from religious to moral or ethical objections, CO exemptions grew in relation to actual inductions from 8 percent in 1967 to 43 percent in 1971 and 131 percent in 1972. Between 1965 and 1970, 170,000 registrants were classified as COs. President Nixon was elected in 1968 and had criticized the draft in his campaign.
Gee Zeffy...this will really fck with your head! Where are the honors for women who give birth? THERE ISN'T ANY!!! Why is that zeffy??

Men’s Desire, Women’s Mortality: Do Historical Rates of Maternal Death Affect Our Views of Sexuality Today?
Posted on May 25, 2012
Sperm kills.* For hundreds of millions of women over the course of millenia, the riskiest action they ever took was having sex (consensual or otherwise, married or not) with men. As medical historians will tell you, until the 20th century, childbirth was the leading cause of death for all women of childbearing years; in some societies that maternal mortality rate may have reached 40%, while other researchers prefer a lower figure of 1 in 5. Given that many women in the developing world still have half a dozen children or more, as they did in previous centuries, the overall risk is compounded by the sheer number of pregnancies carried to term.(1 in 7 Afghan women today die in childbirth.)

Our cultural memory of this devastating toll is limited. We have a Mother’s Day, of course, but we have no public rituals to honor our countless female ancestors who died — quite literally — so that we could live. There is no Tomb of the Unknown Mother in Arlington, though more American women died from childbirth than male soldiers did in war for the first century and a half of our republic’s history. This legacy lives on best in fairy tales, replete with stories of single fathers (Beauty and the Beast) or wicked step-mothers (take your pick). When I ask my students what happened to Cinderella’s birth mother, it drives the point about maternal mortality home.

Whatever the exact figures, childbirth has probably killed more women than any other single cause in human history. Until very recently (a miracle two millenia ago in Palestine notwithstanding), the only possible cause for pregnancy was heterosexual intercourse. So if childbirth kills women, and sex causes pregnancy, then by the logical transitive property, heterosexual intercourse has been, not so indirectly, the most lethal of all human activities for one-half of the population. To put it even more bluntly, men have killed far more women by ejaculating inside of them than they have by any other method. Semen has killed more people than any other body fluid (and yet it is menstrual blood that is considered far more “unclean” in many Western traditions.)(This, by the way, is a good moment to note how absurd the argument is about AIDS being “God’s punishment for homosexuality.” Even if we were to assume that AIDS was primarily transmitted through same-sex sexual activity, the number of deaths globally from AIDS has not yet risen to the historic levels of those from childbirth. If God punishes by death those who engage in forbidden sexual activity, how then to explain that the leading cause of death for women for centuries was having intercourse with their own husbands?)

http://www.hugoschwyzer.net/2012/05/25/mens-d...
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Apr 22, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Zeffy...this will really fck with your head! Where are the honors for women who give birth? THERE ISN'T ANY!!! Why is that zeffy??
Men’s Desire, Women’s Mortality: Do Historical Rates of Maternal Death Affect Our Views of Sexuality Today?
Posted on May 25, 2012
Sperm kills.* For hundreds of millions of women over the course of millenia, the riskiest action they ever took was having sex (consensual or otherwise, married or not) with men. As medical historians will tell you, until the 20th century, childbirth was the leading cause of death for all women of childbearing years; in some societies that maternal mortality rate may have reached 40%, while other researchers prefer a lower figure of 1 in 5. Given that many women in the developing world still have half a dozen children or more, as they did in previous centuries, the overall risk is compounded by the sheer number of pregnancies carried to term.(1 in 7 Afghan women today die in childbirth.)
Our cultural memory of this devastating toll is limited. We have a Mother’s Day, of course, but we have no public rituals to honor our countless female ancestors who died — quite literally — so that we could live. There is no Tomb of the Unknown Mother in Arlington, though more American women died from childbirth than male soldiers did in war for the first century and a half of our republic’s history. This legacy lives on best in fairy tales, replete with stories of single fathers (Beauty and the Beast) or wicked step-mothers (take your pick). When I ask my students what happened to Cinderella’s birth mother, it drives the point about maternal mortality home.
Whatever the exact figures, childbirth has probably killed more women than any other single cause in human history. Until very recently (a miracle two millenia ago in Palestine notwithstanding), the only possible cause for pregnancy was heterosexual intercourse. So if childbirth kills women, and sex causes pregnancy, then by the logical transitive property, heterosexual intercourse has been, not so indirectly, the most lethal of all human activities for one-half of the population. To put it even more bluntly, men have killed far more women by ejaculating inside of them than they have by any other method. Semen has killed more people than any other body fluid (and yet it is menstrual blood that is considered far more “unclean” in many Western traditions.)(This, by the way, is a good moment to note how absurd the argument is about AIDS being “God’s punishment for homosexuality.” Even if we were to assume that AIDS was primarily transmitted through same-sex sexual activity, the number of deaths globally from AIDS has not yet risen to the historic levels of those from childbirth. If God punishes by death those who engage in forbidden sexual activity, how then to explain that the leading cause of death for women for centuries was having intercourse with their own husbands?)
http://www.hugoschwyzer.net/2012/05/25/mens-d...
Actually mosquitos cause more deaths than anything else. That probably doesn't bother you though, being an annoying pest yourself.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#31 Apr 22, 2013
Studies show that about three out of every 100,000 women who are pregnant or have a child less than one year old are murdered, and two out of every 100,000 kill themselves.
Fewer than two out of every 100,000 women die from either pregnancy-related bleeding, improper development of the placenta, or preeclampsia, a complication of high blood pressure that can occur during pregnancy.

Minneapolis

#32 Apr 23, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually mosquitos cause more deaths than anything else. That probably doesn't bother you though, being an annoying pest yourself.

Posted on May 25, 2012

http://www.hugoschwyzer.net/2012/05/25/mens-d ...

Minneapolis

#33 Apr 23, 2013
zef wrote:
Studies show that about three out of every 100,000 women who are pregnant or have a child less than one year old are murdered, and two out of every 100,000 kill themselves.
Fewer than two out of every 100,000 women die from either pregnancy-related bleeding, improper development of the placenta, or preeclampsia, a complication of high blood pressure that can occur during pregnancy.
Since you are comparing military to pregnancy and motherhood.....How many "volunteer" military have died in the republican war in Afghanistan and Iraq in the past 10 years?

Work on your numbers zeffy.
Ocean56

AOL

#35 Apr 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Whatever the exact figures, childbirth has probably killed more women than any other single cause in human history. Until very recently (a miracle two millenia ago in Palestine notwithstanding), the only possible cause for pregnancy was heterosexual intercourse. So if childbirth kills women, and sex causes pregnancy, then by the logical transitive property, heterosexual intercourse has been, not so indirectly, the most lethal of all human activities for one-half of the population. To put it even more bluntly, men have killed far more women by ejaculating inside of them than they have by any other method.

Thanks for sharing this, Morgana.

Of course, all the information on the deaths of women in childbirth will be ignored and dismissed by the regressive religionists who insist on such nonsense like "women were put on this earth to produce children." The way these imbeciles think, if one woman dies from bearing a child, a man can always find another.

This kind of faith-based insanity is why many women, myself included, have kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb. For me, secularism is FREEDOM, no dogmas required.

Minneapolis

#36 Apr 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing this, Morgana.
Of course, all the information on the deaths of women in childbirth will be ignored and dismissed by the regressive religionists who insist on such nonsense like "women were put on this earth to produce children." The way these imbeciles think, if one woman dies from bearing a child, a man can always find another.
This kind of faith-based insanity is why many women, myself included, have kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb. For me, secularism is FREEDOM, no dogmas required.
You are welcome Ocean!

Religion caters to men,(male) offspring is a man's legacy. Women are secondary and of limited value. The bible tells me so! Great book! I encourage all to read it!: O )
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#37 Apr 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted on May 25, 2012
Ocean56

AOL

#38 Apr 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Again, Morgana, thanks for posting this. I read the entire article, and I couldn't agree more. Do you have any more links like this one? I'd love to read those as well.

I find it rather ironic that most conservatives, especially the religious ones, do their best to shame anyone who brings up the REALITIES of how hard pregnancy, delivery, and even motherhood in general is for many women. On a different forum thread, I posted a few truths about the HARDSHIPS of motherhood in the interests of being completely honest about it, and of course was slammed by all the anti-choice imbeciles who posted there. I fully expected the reaction from these goofballs, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

The way I see it, too many girls and women are still being PRESSURED into having children by family and religious community, and most of them are purposely NOT told by the guilt peddlers how very HARD motherhood is, from pregnancy, to delivery, and beyond. I've lost count of how many times I've read the "no one ever told me" phrase before reading a story about a very difficult pregnancy, delivery, or phase of infancy a new mother was experiencing. Of COURSE no one ever told them! My feeling; these girls/women weren't told because their family members/religious acquaintances DIDN'T want them to know. Because if they did know how very HARD it is to be a mother, then some of these girls/women might have decided NOT to become mothers at all, and might have taken steps (like tubal ligation) to prevent conception to the best of their ability.

Despite their reaction, I'll go on raising the hardships of motherhood from time to time. Because I think girls and women must always be able to make a fully INFORMED decision about becoming a mother. You (generally speaking) CANNOT make an informed decision about motherhood when you don't have all the facts.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#39 Apr 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are comparing military to pregnancy and motherhood.....How many "volunteer" military have died in the republican war in Afghanistan and Iraq in the past 10 years?
Work on your numbers zeffy.
No, I am comparing men being required to register for the selective service to your blatant lies about having the right to choose, and society being biased towards men. Since men are required to register for the selective service, and required to risk their lives in combat if the government chooses that for them, under penalty of law. We obviously don't have the right to choose. You do realize being required to do something, and being allowed to choose something are two completely different things? Since men and only men are required to register for the selective service, and men and only men are required to risk their lives in combat if the government chooses that for them, under penalty of law. This society is obviously biased towards women, men being their disposable slaves.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#40 Apr 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Morgana, thanks for posting this. I read the entire article, and I couldn't agree more. Do you have any more links like this one? I'd love to read those as well.
I find it rather ironic that most conservatives, especially the religious ones, do their best to shame anyone who brings up the REALITIES of how hard pregnancy, delivery, and even motherhood in general is for many women. On a different forum thread, I posted a few truths about the HARDSHIPS of motherhood in the interests of being completely honest about it, and of course was slammed by all the anti-choice imbeciles who posted there. I fully expected the reaction from these goofballs, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
The way I see it, too many girls and women are still being PRESSURED into having children by family and religious community, and most of them are purposely NOT told by the guilt peddlers how very HARD motherhood is, from pregnancy, to delivery, and beyond. I've lost count of how many times I've read the "no one ever told me" phrase before reading a story about a very difficult pregnancy, delivery, or phase of infancy a new mother was experiencing. Of COURSE no one ever told them! My feeling; these girls/women weren't told because their family members/religious acquaintances DIDN'T want them to know. Because if they did know how very HARD it is to be a mother, then some of these girls/women might have decided NOT to become mothers at all, and might have taken steps (like tubal ligation) to prevent conception to the best of their ability.
Despite their reaction, I'll go on raising the hardships of motherhood from time to time. Because I think girls and women must always be able to make a fully INFORMED decision about becoming a mother. You (generally speaking) CANNOT make an informed decision about motherhood when you don't have all the facts.
Most women are informed, but prefer to seduce men to satisfy hedonistic desires, because they are too spoiled rotten to exercise any self control. Than they turn around and blame the physiology of human females, and their wanton lust on men. As if the physiology of human females, or their wanton lust is worthy of blame, or the fault of men.
Ocean56

AOL

#41 Apr 23, 2013
zef wrote:
Most women are informed, but prefer to seduce men to satisfy hedonistic desires, because they are too spoiled rotten to exercise any self control. Than they turn around and blame the physiology of human females, and their wanton lust on men. As if the physiology of human females, or their wanton lust is worthy of blame, or the fault of men.
Spewing your usual NONSENSE, I see. Why am I not surprised. Since you've proved more than once how idiotic your posts are, I can -- and DO -- cheerfully dismiss them as irrelevant. As are you.

Minneapolis

#42 Apr 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I ran across that one googling, but if I find more that are interesting I certainly will copy you!

I believe zef and serfs up are the same cretin. Both hate woman and both are paranoid and delusional, not to mention the insane arguments and comparisons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 2 hr Brian_G 220,068
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) 2 hr Brian_G 1,423
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Tue zef 5,733
News Since 1967, gay activists have piled up victori... Tue jason norris 4
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Jun 27 Maria 36
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 26 STO 310,175
News Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abort... Jun 26 Sterkfontein Swar... 6
More from around the web