Young feminists make mark in "war on ...

Young feminists make mark in "war on women"

There are 3497 comments on the CBS News story from May 16, 2012, titled Young feminists make mark in "war on women". In it, CBS News reports that:

Members of NARAL Pro-Choice America protest with Etch A Sketches outside a hotel in Washington where Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney was holding a political fundraiser March 22, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3460 Jul 29, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So? That's a question about interior decorating.
Yup, someone who was not in charge of the interior decorating and wasn't present during the interior decorating made a mistake about what was done during the interior decorating.
Big deal.
Compare that to, let's say, the Bush White House insisting that Iraq had WMD.
They did have WMD's, they were found, and unless you volunteer to suck in some Sarin Gas, you will never prove me wrong......but as far as Obama and liberal lies.....

Pelosi: President Obama's Been to Israel ‘Over and Over Again’

10:43 AM, Jul 28, 2012 • By WILLIAM KRISTOL

FACT: OBAMA HAS NVER VISITED ISRAEL........the closest he every got was HOLLYWOOD.

Paris

#3461 Jul 29, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more diversion.
What's the matter? Don't you understand the concepts involved?
Do you even know where Israel is?
It's clear Obama and Cary don't. Obama has never been to it, and Cary can't name the capital........funny after flying enough miles to go around the world 20 times and not visit our strongest middle eastern friend.

Course they don't serve Kosher Loberster or dog in Isreal.

Paris

#3462 Jul 29, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to being clever, I've noticed that right wingers consistently LOSE every time.
denial is not a river in Martha's Vinyard cupcake.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#3463 Jul 29, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to being clever, I've noticed that right wingers consistently LOSE every time.
And in a sea of stupidity you're at the forefront.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#3464 Jul 29, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So? That's a question about interior decorating.
Yup, someone who was not in charge of the interior decorating and wasn't present during the interior decorating made a mistake about what was done during the interior decorating.
Big deal.
Compare that to, let's say, the Bush White House insisting that Iraq had WMD.
If they didn't, then how did Hussein gas all those Kurds?

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#3465 Jul 29, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>They did have WMD's, they were found, and unless you volunteer to suck in some Sarin Gas, you will never prove me wrong......but as far as Obama and liberal lies.....
No. In a warehouse that no one had been paying any attention to a couple of artillery shells left over from before the FIRST gulf war had some chemical residue on them.

That's like saying that the US is using "grapeshot" before some museum has a working cannon in the basement and a barrel of ball bearings.

Iraq's military didn't have WMD. Period.

The most CERTAINLY didn't have a nuclear program.
Bush KNOWINGLY lied to the American Public during the state of the union when he claimed the Iraq had purchased yellow cake.
He tried to cover up the lie by committing what his OWN FATHER calls "an act of treason" when he had Rove expose the CIA agent.

Los Angeles, CA

#3466 Jul 29, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It's clear Obama and Cary don't. Obama has never been to it, and Cary can't name the capital........funny after flying enough miles to go around the world 20 times and not visit our strongest middle eastern friend.
Course they don't serve Kosher Loberster or dog in Isreal.
Again, you spreading lies.

Cary CAN name the capital. He REFUSED to cause an international incident with NO possible positive outcome, so he dodged the question.

As for Obama going to Israel -- you are aware that there are MAJOR happenings going on in Arab countries all around Israel and that Obama visiting Israel with NEGATIVELY IMPACT our ability to negotiate with the various parties involved.

This would DIRECTLY put US troops in _DANGER_.

Why do you hate our troops?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#3467 Jul 29, 2012
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Mr. Boring I thought I reigned?

Thinking and discerning with your tiny appendage not working out well for you.

Los Angeles, CA

#3468 Jul 29, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know _WHEN_ Hussein gassed the Kurds?
March 16, 1988

That was BEFORE Kuwait.
That was BEFORE Bush Sr. led Gulf War #1
That was BEFORE sanctions.
That was BEFORE 9/11.
That was BEFORE Bush Jr. claimed that they had weapons of mass destruction.

By your standard, any country in the world can claim that the US uses biological weapons because in the 1800 our cavalry gave Native American's small pox blankets.

Or, by the same standard, that Spain should be attacked because of genocide, since they are responsible for 90 million Native Americans dying in the 1400-1500s from diseases.

Bush Jr's claim was that Iraq CURRENTLY had stockpiles of chemical weapons and that they were BUILDING more, including nuclear.

Oh, and that they were responsible for 9/11.

Of course, since Iraq was Sunni and the 9/11 were Shiite - that doesn't make sense.
Oh, and Iraq was progressive with women while the 9/11 guys were regressive.
Oh, and Iraq was a massive threat to Saudi Arabia where almost ALL the 9/11 hijackers were from.
Oh, and Iraq never claimed it was responsible, where as Bush's business partner's brother actually admitted to it.

So, tell me again, WHY did we attack Iraq?
bite Sarah Palin

Hartsdale, NY

#3469 Jul 29, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and they also hate Christians and the sacrament of marriage and are using their gay agenda to attack us.
You know you want to bite me because you're really gay. I mean, who uses the wird "luv"? Can you be any more gay? My stupid daughter had sex outside of marriage. I'll bet you want to smack her, eh, gay-luver?
poor mama

United States

#3470 Jul 29, 2012
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
How is there a "forefront" in a sea, my stupid boy? Now let me sit on your lap as punushment! Wear a condom this time, son!
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#3471 Jul 29, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
March 16, 1988
That was BEFORE Kuwait.
That was BEFORE 9/11.
By your standard, any country in the world can claim that the US uses biological weapons because in the 1800 our cavalry gave Native American's small pox blankets.
Or, by the same standard, that Spain should be attacked because of genocide, since they are responsible for 90 million Native Americans dying in the 1400-1500s from diseases.
Bush Jr's claim was that Iraq CURRENTLY had stockpiles of chemical weapons and that they were BUILDING more, including nuclear.
Of course, since Iraq was Sunni and the 9/11 were Shiite - that doesn't make sense.
Oh, and Iraq was a massive threat to Saudi Arabia where almost ALL the 9/11 hijackers were from.
Oh, and Iraq never claimed it was responsible, where as Bush's business partner's brother actually admitted to it.
If Iraq had WMD's in '88, why not '98 or '01?

From the free republic

Opponents of President Bush and of the invasion of Iraq often claim, "Iraq did not attack the United States on Sept 11, 2001," but Germany, Italy, and the rest of the Axis didn't attack Pearl Harbor either and yet the U.S. went to war with them as well as the Japanese. Why? Because those Axis powers had an alliance, an agreement to help the Japanese. It was a paper only agreement (history shows us that there were no battles with uber-racist NAZI S.S. troops fighting alongside Japanese troops), but it was an agreement none-the-less. Additionally, the Axis nations declared war on the United States after the Pearl Harbor attacks. Similarly, we know from Clinton Administration claims, from captured documents, from pre-war and post-war intelligence that Saddam's intelligence agencies had relationships with various groups in the Al Queda terrorist network of groups. We know from the 1998 Clinton Administration indictment of Osama Bin Laden that the two had reached an agreement to get WMD into the hands of the Al Queda network of terrorist groups.

the indictment states that Al Qaeda reached an agreement with Iraq not to work against the regime of Saddam Hussein and that they would work cooperatively with Iraq, particularly in weapons development.
We also know from 1990-2003 Saddam's government considered itself at war with the United States and from 1992-today Osama Bin Laden's Al Queda network of terrorist groups has been at war with the United States.

Paris

#3472 Jul 29, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No. In a warehouse that no one had been paying any attention to a couple of artillery shells left over from before the FIRST gulf war had some chemical residue on them.
That's like saying that the US is using "grapeshot" before some museum has a working cannon in the basement and a barrel of ball bearings.
Iraq's military didn't have WMD. Period.
The most CERTAINLY didn't have a nuclear program.
Bush KNOWINGLY lied to the American Public during the state of the union when he claimed the Iraq had purchased yellow cake.
He tried to cover up the lie by committing what his OWN FATHER calls "an act of treason" when he had Rove expose the CIA agent.
Again as a typical liberal, you feel you have to lie to obtain some advantage. There was enough found to kill and estimated 800,000 people.......now go away maybe someother liberal loon will not laugh further at your attempt to sound educated.

By the way thanks for admiting there were WMD's found.

Paris

#3473 Jul 29, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
March 16, 1988
That was BEFORE Kuwait.
That was BEFORE 9/11.
more backpeddling and diversion..........yawn.

Los Angeles, CA

#3474 Jul 29, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If Iraq had WMD's in '88, why not '98 or '01?
We had inspectors all over the country between '95 and '01 which dismantled their weapons program and prevented them from starting a new one.

They didn't use the weapons in '98, likely because they were up against pretty much the entire world's armed forces and got their asses whooped.

Had they put gas in the scuds they were shooting, then we wouldn't have stopped at the border after pushing them out of Kuwait. We would have flattened the country.
From the free republic
Opponents of President Bush and of the invasion of Iraq often claim, "Iraq did not attack the United States on Sept 11, 2001," but Germany, Italy, and the rest of the Axis didn't attack Pearl Harbor either and yet the U.S. went to war with them as well as the Japanese. Why? Because those Axis powers had an alliance, an agreement to help the Japanese.
This is factually incorrect AND logically flawed.

We went to war with Germany to save France and England. Yes, Pearl Harbor gave us a rallying cry, but we were already sending weapons and troops before that happened.

Had Pearl Harbor never happened, we STILL would have got to war with Germany, and likely Japan after that.

Meanwhile, there is a DISTINCT difference between Germany/Japan and 9/11. Germany did not HATE Japan. The radical Shiites which make up Al Queda HATED Saddam Hussein because, though a dick, he was very progressive on women's rights, did not accept sharia law and was a Sunni.
Additionally, the Axis nations declared war on the United States after the Pearl Harbor attacks.
Actually, Germany was already messing around off our coast before Pearl Harbor.
Similarly, we know from Clinton Administration claims, from captured documents, from pre-war and post-war intelligence that Saddam's intelligence agencies had relationships with various groups in the Al Queda terrorist network of groups. We know from the 1998 Clinton Administration indictment of Osama Bin Laden that the two had reached an agreement to get WMD into the hands of the Al Queda network of terrorist groups.
Laughable.

Think about what you are claiming.

Al Queda, which was working in Afghanistan and PAKISTAN (which HAS WMD) was reaching out to Iraq (which did NOT HAVE WMD) to get WMD?
We also know from 1990-2003 Saddam's government considered itself at war with the United States and from 1992-today Osama Bin Laden's Al Queda network of terrorist groups has been at war with the United States.
Irrelevant.

N. Korea has been at war with the US _OFFICIALLY_ since the 50s. We didn't attack N. Korea after 9/11 AND they ACTUALLY have WMD.

If "they were at war with us" is your excuse, why didn't we invade N. Korea? They had as much to do with 9/11 as Iraq.

Los Angeles, CA

#3475 Jul 29, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Again as a typical liberal, you feel you have to lie to obtain some advantage. There was enough found to kill and estimated 800,000 people.......now go away maybe someother liberal loon will not laugh further at your attempt to sound educated.
By the way thanks for admiting there were WMD's found.
LOL. Evidence?

By the way, for the record, "dropping the bomb casing from a great height on top of a person 800,000 times" does not count.

Where is this yellow cake you claim they have?

Los Angeles, CA

#3476 Jul 29, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>more backpeddling and diversion..........yawn.
Seriously, Jim. do you even know what those words mean?

My post is a DIRECT answer to a question and it FURTHERS my position.

That makes it NEITHER backpeddling nor diversion.

I know you think that using big words makes you look smart, but when you use them incorrectly it has the opposite effect.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#3477 Jul 29, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Mr. Boring I thought I reigned?
Thinking and discerning with your tiny appendage not working out well for you.
Yes, you do reign as the others are merely dumb........you are dumb and vile. You can't help being dumb, you were born that way but the vileness is all yours.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3479 Jul 29, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, omg! You're effing joking, right?

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#3482 Jul 30, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>

We went to war with Germany to save France and England. Yes, Pearl Harbor gave us a rallying cry, but we were already sending weapons and troops before that happened.
Had Pearl Harbor never happened, we STILL would have got to war with Germany, and likely Japan after that.
Yikes,Believe it or not,America was extremely isolationist,during this time period. FDR couldn't get domestic support for liberating France until Pearl Harbor. America did not want war. No one knows what would have happened. You can guess but guessing does not make it true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats seek repeal of ban on federal funding... 4 hr WelbyMD 136
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 4 hr zef 6,011
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr zef 311,625
News I stand outside abortion clinics, but I'm no pr... 9 hr Susanm 18
News Anti-abortion group sues city, wants to move be... 9 hr Susanm 4
News Planned Parenthood Trying to Rebrand Itself As ... 10 hr cpeter1313 1
News Planned Parenthood joins $500k effort to help C... 20 hr Susanm 1
More from around the web