Young feminists make mark in "war on ...

Young feminists make mark in "war on women"

There are 3497 comments on the CBS News story from May 16, 2012, titled Young feminists make mark in "war on women". In it, CBS News reports that:

Members of NARAL Pro-Choice America protest with Etch A Sketches outside a hotel in Washington where Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney was holding a political fundraiser March 22, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#3003 Jul 21, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am sure most of us want to bring back to the 50's era.
When Women had basic rights.
Most Women were able to stay at home & raise families.
Before the Female supremacist movement of the 60's
Which left Women single & working.
Feminism of the 60's destroyed Women.
Now you Feminists want to destroy more?
World War II left women single and working. You want a return to the 'era' when the men came home, and took all the jobs back.

The era when women had 'basic rights'? Let me guess:

The right to sit down and shut up.
The right to get you a beer.
The right to put pancake make-up on our bruises after you he-men beat the crap out of us for not sitting down, shutting up, or getting you a beer, fast enough.
The right to lie underneath your grunting, sweating bulk, for the two and a half minutes it took you to squirt (but not the right to have any fun doing it - that made us 'sluts') and the right to risk our lives bearing "your" children.
The right to stay home and raise "your" children - because if we went out and got a job,(or heaven forbid a raise or promotion) we were 'sluts' and you were SURE we were screwing our bosses.

Oh, wait - you meant the right to vote: as long as we voted the exact same way as you. Otherwise, we "canceled your vote" and you'd beat the crap out of us again.

Those rights?

You can keep the 50's, fella. They were all yours anyway.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#3004 Jul 21, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I say you should learn to give head.
We already know you prefer fur pie and you have yet another taker in leonine but TAKE IT OFFLINE! The thought of a middle aged broad "goin' down" is NOT appealing.
obama INCOMPETENT

Philadelphia, PA

#3005 Jul 21, 2012
obama hussein's war on women must stop
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#3006 Jul 21, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny story that applies to this.
When my daughter was 6 years old we took her.......BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. .....
OH what a proud momma!! We don't care about your dumb personal stories and THANK GOD you have absolutely no power nor influence in the real world.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#3007 Jul 21, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
The 50's? "Basic" rights such as only the right to stay at home with little other choice??

When women had no clout?

No money but what was provided for them?

Stayed home with few other choices like caged animals subservient to men and children as their "role"?

I have no problem with women "choosing" this path and enjoying it. I do have a problem with "society/men/government/r eligion" choosing it for them.

I was raised in the 50's with a very unhappy mother who wanted to work in the medical field and was convinced that her "role' was at home.

Good thing today we are convinced that we can be whatever we want and raise our daughters accordingly.

To bad for you who obviously becomes threatened by women and their freedom to choose their own path just as their male counterparts.

You probably have a female boss feeling entitled to that position by simply being male.

Those days are gone and will remain gone, politely kiss them good bye or remain an angry pouting child/cretin.

Now tell me exactly what part of the 60's feminist movement you object directly to?

While doing so keep in mind the word freedom and the definition.

Minneapolis

#3008 Jul 21, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>World War II left women single and working. You want a return to the 'era' when the men came home, and took all the jobs back.
The era when women had 'basic rights'? Let me guess:
The right to sit down and shut up.
The right to get you a beer.
The right to put pancake make-up on our bruises after you he-men beat the crap out of us for not sitting down, shutting up, or getting you a beer, fast enough.
The right to lie underneath your grunting, sweating bulk, for the two and a half minutes it took you to squirt (but not the right to have any fun doing it - that made us 'sluts') and the right to risk our lives bearing "your" children.
The right to stay home and raise "your" children - because if we went out and got a job,(or heaven forbid a raise or promotion) we were 'sluts' and you were SURE we were screwing our bosses.
Oh, wait - you meant the right to vote: as long as we voted the exact same way as you. Otherwise, we "canceled your vote" and you'd beat the crap out of us again.
Those rights?
You can keep the 50's, fella. They were all yours anyway.
BRAVO...I once again applaud you!!
Ocean56

AOL

#3010 Jul 21, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
I am truly nuts?
All those degrees and you are that slow on the uptake?
A man that feels threatened by a woman is ego based. His false sense of superiority is threatened.
So you see, your heroic "story" has nothing to do with anything.
Gotta love this type of backward-"thinking," chest-thumping male who immediately goes to the put-down the second a WOMAN argues with him. I guess he believed if he told us some kind of story where he acted "heroic," we would forget everything else. Assuming the story is even true, which I seriously doubt.

The catholic church is one of the most misogynistic, as far as women and women's reproductive rights are concerned. The fact that they still refuse the use of all forms of RELIABLE birth control makes that very clear.
Ocean56

AOL

#3011 Jul 21, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
LOL!! Smart little girl!
Poor dear must have thought she entered land of the cannibals!
It is beyond me why people still believe these things and not recognize them as myths from previous cultures along with big business in the promoting of these myths!
It is just fine that people believe there is something else out there, I myself do. What bothers me is hanging on to ancient beliefs and possibly missing what might be right in front of you in the present day. Of course if you happen to have an original thought or a deep "personal" belief it would be of the "devil"!
I guess scare tactics work in better than logic and education.
Yep, the scare tactics DO work, on those who don't have the education to know it's NONSENSE. Which explains why the catholic church was so OPPOSED to "the masses," especially women, from having ANY kind of real education. When more people have KNOWLEDGE, the scare tactics don't work nearly as well as they used to.

I think girls and young women would really benefit from reading THE FEMININE MYSTIQUE by Betty Friedan and other books and articles by various feminist authors. Too many of them seem to have no idea of the battles our feminist foremothers fought to get us the rights we have now, including the right to vote.
Ocean56

AOL

#3012 Jul 21, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
lol NO, junior, feminism of the 60's FREED women, mostly from the tedious version of "Occupation: housewife-mother," which was all women were "supposed to" be content with in the 1950's-1960's.

You're just angry that marriage and motherhood are OPTIONS now, not requirements of biology. Too bad. All women can now decide for OURSELVES when or IF we want to be wives and mothers. I suggest you get used to that. It's been a fact for over 40 years.
TRUTH

Glastonbury, CT

#3013 Jul 21, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I say you should learn to give head.
No thanks, that's also women's work.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#3014 Jul 21, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
BRAVO...I once again applaud you!!
Make that a golf-clap, please......my grandkids are still sleeping.

:)

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#3015 Jul 21, 2012
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks, that's also women's work.
And I bet you're very VERY good at it...I know I am.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3016 Jul 21, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Still awaiting your answer to my post to you.
Unless, of course, you have no answer?
Give me a post number cupcake and thread, be glad to help you with your education.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#3017 Jul 21, 2012
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you were dumb, but not a vile POS like gorgana......but surprise you are!
Sit down and shut up. But get me a beer first.

Next.
TRUTH

Glastonbury, CT

#3018 Jul 21, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 50's? "Basic" rights such as only the right to stay at home with little other choice??
When women had no clout?
No money but what was provided for them?
Stayed home with few other choices like caged animals subservient to men and children as their "role"?
I have no problem with women "choosing" this path and enjoying it. I do have a problem with "society/men/government/r eligion" choosing it for them.
I was raised in the 50's with a very unhappy mother who wanted to work in the medical field and was convinced that her "role' was at home.
Good thing today we are convinced that we can be whatever we want and raise our daughters accordingly.
To bad for you who obviously becomes threatened by women and their freedom to choose their own path just as their male counterparts.
You probably have a female boss feeling entitled to that position by simply being male.
Those days are gone and will remain gone, politely kiss them good bye or remain an angry pouting child/cretin.
Now tell me exactly what part of the 60's feminist movement you object directly to?
While doing so keep in mind the word freedom and the definition.
Now we have cities loaded with single mothers living off welfare. That's far better than the stay-at-home mom of the fifties.

Now we have kids being raised in day cares while a huge chunk of what mom earns just goes to pay for the day care services.

We have much higher divorce rates because we have women who want to be men, and they want men who are sensitive and wear aprons but are also real men.

We have high unemployment with both genders now competing for jobs.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Location hidden

#3019 Jul 21, 2012
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we have cities loaded with single mothers living off welfare. That's far better than the stay-at-home mom of the fifties.
Now we have kids being raised in day cares while a huge chunk of what mom earns just goes to pay for the day care services.
We have much higher divorce rates because we have women who want to be men, and they want men who are sensitive and wear aprons but are also real men.
So you'd rather they abort.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Location hidden

#3020 Jul 21, 2012
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
While we are bearing our souls, is ANY of this finger shaking reserved for the males that knock these women up, or do they get a free pass by virtue of having a penis? You people have a peculiar way of blaming pregnancy entirely on ONE party and denying said party any help with the issue.

In fact, I imagine the situation would be a lot less common if women could actually get themselves knocked up without the help of some horny, pressuring boyfriend.

Where are your lectures of virtue for the males of our species, hmm? What do you have to say about the current "Asian dating" ads running on this site, advertising women like cuts of exotic meat? I suppose you have no problem with men running around fucking everything on legs.

Minneapolis

#3021 Jul 21, 2012
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Where to begin questioning this slop.

Please provide some stats for your claims as opposed to flaming.

And your point is?

Let me guess.....women should accept second class citizenship for the betterment of society/men?

Women who wish to live their dream and achieve want to be men?

Women should go to the back of the bus and everything will be better (for men)?

A real man keeps women in their place, a place directed and approved by men?

WTF are you trying to say?

Spell it out champ!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#3022 Jul 21, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
"chew toy"
That is so funny and so aptly put!
I wish I could take credit for that one, but I think it was Nana's. Or maybe Cherry's. Could've been La's........but it wasn't original with me. I agree though - it is hilarious, and in this case quite apt.

Thanks.

Minneapolis

#3023 Jul 21, 2012
Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
While we are bearing our souls, is ANY of this finger shaking reserved for the males that knock these women up, or do they get a free pass by virtue of having a penis?
Come on now....boys will allow themselves to be boys while you take the heat and blame....get with the ballgame sweetheart!! LOL :o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 10 min rfirma1 751
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) 3 hr nicky 49
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 4 hr zef 5,806
News House Judiciary panel sets first Planned Parent... 9 hr californio 27
News Planned Parenthood is not the key to womena s h... 19 hr huey goins 95
News Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to... 21 hr Cat74 81
News Commentary: 4 reasons Hillary Clinton should ap... 22 hr Norbert of Norview 2
More from around the web