The Tragedy of Forced Abortion Abroad

The Tragedy of Forced Abortion Abroad

There are 103 comments on the The Heritage Foundation story from Sep 20, 2013, titled The Tragedy of Forced Abortion Abroad. In it, The Heritage Foundation reports that:

On January 11, 2011, Lili Zeng was nine months pregnant . Her pregnancy violated Chinese law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Heritage Foundation.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#1 Sep 21, 2013
Interesting contradiction in this piece:

"""Sadly, the Obama Administration continues to entangle millions of taxpayer dollars with organizations that provide and lobby for ELECTIVE abortion.

The United States and other international leaders who claim to support individual freedom and human dignity should demand an end to the coercive population control policies that strip women and men of fundamental rights and keep China from becoming a TRULY FREE and flourishing society.""

Elective would constitute TRULY FREE.....correct??

Apparently not to these numbnuts.
Ocean56

AOL

#2 Sep 21, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Elective would constitute TRULY FREE...correct?? Apparently not to these numbnuts.
Of course not, because these imbeciles are incapable of telling the difference between an ELECTIVE abortion, which a woman CHOOSES to have, and an abortion that was FORCED on her.

We shouldn't be so surprised at this, considering that anti-choicers usually aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Ink

Narberth, PA

#3 Sep 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not, because these imbeciles are incapable of telling the difference between an ELECTIVE abortion, which a woman CHOOSES to have, and an abortion that was FORCED on her.
We shouldn't be so surprised at this, considering that anti-choicers usually aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
I think this was the part you missed.

For the past four years, the U.S. has sent tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to the United Nations Population Fund—in spite of repeated evidence that the organization has been involved in China’s coercive one-child policy.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#4 Sep 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this was the part you missed.
For the past four years, the U.S. has sent tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to the United Nations Population Fund—in spite of repeated evidence that the organization has been involved in China’s coercive one-child policy.
I think you missed the contradiction. They poo poo elective abortion and then wrap up the article invoking TRUE FREEDOM. What a bunch of BS...huh Ink?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#5 Sep 21, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you missed the contradiction. They poo poo elective abortion and then wrap up the article invoking TRUE FREEDOM. What a bunch of BS...huh Ink?
There is no contradiction. Women are free to not get pregnant but there are not free when the government forces them to abort.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#6 Sep 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no contradiction. Women are free to not get pregnant but there are not free when the government forces them to abort.
JFC you are stupid.

If they are free not to get pregnant in a country that forces abortion...then WHY are they getting pregnant knowingly?? It seems to me that the prolie crowd should be condemning these women for PURPOSELY killing babies knowing they will be forced to abort. They are 100% at fault. Right?

CONTRADICTION....condemning elective abortions while flying the flag of TRUE FREEDOM. If you are going to be stupid then please...by all means don't reply to my posts.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#7 Sep 21, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
JFC you are stupid.
If they are free not to get pregnant in a country that forces abortion...then WHY are they getting pregnant knowingly?? It seems to me that the prolie crowd should be condemning these women for PURPOSELY killing babies knowing they will be forced to abort. They are 100% at fault. Right?
CONTRADICTION....condemning elective abortions while flying the flag of TRUE FREEDOM. If you are going to be stupid then please...by all means don't reply to my posts.
The pro life crowd commiserates with women who are forced to abort their babies against their will. That doesn't sound like freedom.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#8 Sep 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The pro life crowd commiserates with women who are forced to abort their babies against their will. That doesn't sound like freedom.
Does forcing women/girls to gestate unwanted pregnancies sound like freedom to you? Does outlawing abortion and having no alternatives sound like freedom to you?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE it's not freedom, you moron. Neither is being forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will. They're opposite sides of the SAME coin. China has more in common with YOUR side than the PC side.

Again, if a woman KNOWS she will be forced to abort, shouldn't you be condemning her for getting pregnant in the first place?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#10 Sep 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE it's not freedom, you moron. Neither is being forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will. They're opposite sides of the SAME coin. China has more in common with YOUR side than the PC side.
Again, if a woman KNOWS she will be forced to abort, shouldn't you be condemning her for getting pregnant in the first place?
I want to know who is being forced to carry a child against their will.

I don't know the availabilty of contraception for rural Chinese women. I do think it is morally wrong to abort the girl babies in favor of boys.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#11 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to know who is being forced to carry a child against their will.
I don't know the availabilty of contraception for rural Chinese women. I do think it is morally wrong to abort the girl babies in favor of boys.
"I want to know who is being forced to carry a child against their will."

Let me know when you can respond to what I'm ACTUALLY saying.

Neon City Oh.

#12 Sep 22, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Interesting contradiction in this piece:
"""Sadly, the Obama Administration continues to entangle millions of taxpayer dollars with organizations that provide and lobby for ELECTIVE abortion.
The United States and other international leaders who claim to support individual freedom and human dignity should demand an end to the coercive population control policies that strip women and men of fundamental rights and keep China from becoming a TRULY FREE and flourishing society.""
Elective would constitute TRULY FREE.....correct??
Apparently not to these numbnuts.
Write your congressman. Demand that every company that does business in America has to sever all ties with China.
I'll wait for that to happen.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#13 Sep 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"I want to know who is being forced to carry a child against their will."
Let me know when you can respond to what I'm ACTUALLY saying.
Okay here it is.

Of COURSE it's not freedom, you moron. Neither is being forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will.

Why would you bring it up if you don't think it is happening?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#14 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay here it is.
Of COURSE it's not freedom, you moron. Neither is being forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will.
Why would you bring it up if you don't think it is happening?
I didn't say I don't think it's happening. And that was not the point. My statement stands on it's own.

Would it be freedom, in your opinion, to be forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#15 Sep 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I don't think it's happening. And that was not the point. My statement stands on it's own.
Would it be freedom, in your opinion, to be forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will?
Then you do think it is happening. Women are being forced to carry children.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you do think it is happening. Women are being forced to carry children.
No, that's not what I said.

One, I said nothing about carrying children. I said continue a pregnancy.

Two, I didn't say one way or the other if I think it is happening. This is just your deflection because you don't want to answer my question. A question which doesn't depend on whether or not it is happening.

Now, is it freedom, in your opinion, for one to be forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will?

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#17 Sep 22, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
Write your congressman. Demand that every company that does business in America has to sever all ties with China.
I'll wait for that to happen.
It will never happen.....cheap labor in China. China has an overgrown population where people and their labor are expendable. Thats what happens when you have a flooded workforce.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#18 Sep 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I said.
One, I said nothing about carrying children. I said continue a pregnancy.
Two, I didn't say one way or the other if I think it is happening. This is just your deflection because you don't want to answer my question. A question which doesn't depend on whether or not it is happening.
Now, is it freedom, in your opinion, for one to be forced to continue a pregnancy against one's will?
Well if it isn't happening that women are being forced to continue pregnancies, which means they are carrying a baby, it's not a problem and no it wouldn't be freedom if it was happening, which it isn't.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#19 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if it isn't happening that women are being forced to continue pregnancies, which means they are carrying a baby, it's not a problem and no it wouldn't be freedom if it was happening, which it isn't.
It is happening in Ireland under pressure from the CC and their minions. Glad you understand that catholics do not believe in freedom.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#20 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thank you, for FINALLY answering.

But actually, yes it is happening.

Savita Halappanavar, for instance, was denied an abortion when she asked for one. That was her being forced to continue a pregnancy against her will.

The so-called heartbeat ban in N. Dakota does the same thing.

Take your head out of your ass once in a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma Republican defends pregnancy from rape... 24 min Christsharians on... 3
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 2 hr Tre H 217,512
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr silly rabbit 313,657
News Oklahoma Rep. George Faught Says Rape And Inces... 9 hr sewagerunsdownhill 1
I think my girlfriend had an abortion (Mar '08) Thu pissedatyouridiocy 38
News Live blog of confirmation hearings, Day 3: Dems... Thu Phyllis Schlafly ... 2
News Skagit County judge: Public hospitals must prov... (Jun '16) Mar 18 Plockbeam 2
More from around the web