Abortion Clinics Under New Law

Abortion Clinics Under New Law

There are 17 comments on the WILX-TV Lansing story from Apr 2, 2013, titled Abortion Clinics Under New Law. In it, WILX-TV Lansing reports that:

The new law requires doctors to make sure women aren't being forced to have an abortion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WILX-TV Lansing.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 2, 2013
"The new law requires doctors to make sure women aren't being forced to have an abortion. But the thing is, it's not against the law to force a woman to have an abortion."

"There needs to be additional legislation passed that makes it against the law to coerce or force a woman to have an abortion," said Jones."

Interesting...... so much for "choice".

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
"The new law requires doctors to make sure women aren't being forced to have an abortion. But the thing is, it's not against the law to force a woman to have an abortion."
"There needs to be additional legislation passed that makes it against the law to coerce or force a woman to have an abortion," said Jones."
Interesting...... so much for "choice".
Oh, can the self-righteous twaddle. You're just looking for something to whine about. A forced abortion is an assault on the woman, and that is already against the law. So is threatening her with physical violence.

Trying to talk someone into ANYTHING is not. Will you fight to make it against the law to try to talk a woman into NOT having an abortion?

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, can the self-righteous twaddle. You're just looking for something to whine about. A forced abortion is an assault on the woman, and that is already against the law. So is threatening her with physical violence.
Trying to talk someone into ANYTHING is not. Will you fight to make it against the law to try to talk a woman into NOT having an abortion?
So what is wrong with requiring the "clinic" doc to verify that by asking the woman involved?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is wrong with requiring the "clinic" doc to verify that by asking the woman involved?
You think they don't already ask her if she's sure it's what she wants? What do you think the consent form is for?

Besides, I wasn't talking about the law, but your nonsense about "choice".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, way to avoid my question.

Let's try this again, do you think there should also be a law against trying to talk a woman out of having an abortion?

Location hidden

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You think they don't already ask her if she's sure it's what she wants? What do you think the consent form is for?
Besides, I wasn't talking about the law, but your nonsense about "choice".
"You think they don't already ask her if she's sure it's what she wants? What do you think the consent form is for?"

You can give consent under pressure. Are you really so nieve to think that she is never being being pressured by a boy friend and/or a "clinic" counselor?

Location hidden

#7 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, way to avoid my question.
Let's try this again, do you think there should also be a law against trying to talk a woman out of having an abortion?
If she can't be talked into having an abortion, then she can't be talked out of one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#8 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"You think they don't already ask her if she's sure it's what she wants? What do you think the consent form is for?"
You can give consent under pressure. Are you really so nieve to think that she is never being being pressured by a boy friend and/or a "clinic" counselor?
The word is naïve, and I never said she couldn't be pressured. I too was pressured, and still made my own choice to continue my pregnancy.

See, this is the problem, you people want to pretend that someone trying to convince a woman to have an abortion is "force" or "coercion", and it's not.

Again, way to not answer my question. Let's try this again. I'll even reword it to clarify this for you. Since you seem to think that simply trying to talk a woman into having abortion is "force", or "coercion", and should be illegal, then do you ALSO think it should be illegal to try to talk her into NOT having an abortion? Do you have the integrity to answer? If not, then just say so, this dance is not fooling anyone.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#9 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If she can't be talked into having an abortion, then she can't be talked out of one.
As I never said that she can't be talked into having an abortion, this is just you trying to deflect.

Try answering the actual question for a change.

Location hidden

#10 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is naïve, and I never said she couldn't be pressured. I too was pressured, and still made my own choice to continue my pregnancy.
See, this is the problem, you people want to pretend that someone trying to convince a woman to have an abortion is "force" or "coercion", and it's not.
Again, way to not answer my question. Let's try this again. I'll even reword it to clarify this for you. Since you seem to think that simply trying to talk a woman into having abortion is "force", or "coercion", and should be illegal, then do you ALSO think it should be illegal to try to talk her into NOT having an abortion? Do you have the integrity to answer? If not, then just say so, this dance is not fooling anyone.
"See, this is the problem, you people want to pretend that someone trying to convince a woman to have an abortion is "force" or "coercion", and it's not."

If this is true then a CPC can't force or coerce a woman NOT to have an abortion. Yet that's what they have been accused of. It either is for both or it it's not for either.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#11 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"See, this is the problem, you people want to pretend that someone trying to convince a woman to have an abortion is "force" or "coercion", and it's not."
If this is true then a CPC can't force or coerce a woman NOT to have an abortion. Yet that's what they have been accused of. It either is for both or it it's not for either.
Are you being DELIBERATELY obtuse, Sue?

We're not talking about the woman, but the attempt to influence her decision. I said NOTHING about the woman's final decision, whether or not she can BE talked into or out of something.

Answer the actual question.

How about this, do you think someone trying to talk a woman into having an abortion falls under the category of "coercion"?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about the woman, but the attempt to influence her decision. I said NOTHING about the woman's final decision, whether or not she can BE talked into or out of something.
How about this, do you think someone trying to talk a woman into having an abortion falls under the category of "coercion"?
Yes, if they use force or intimidation, which is the meaning of coercion.

Location hidden

#13 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"How about this, do you think someone trying to talk a woman into having an abortion falls under the category of "coercion"?

It can't be because according to you "Trying to talk someone into ANYTHING is not."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#14 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if they use force or intimidation, which is the meaning of coercion.
But using force and threats of violence are already against the law. And the woman signs a consent form for the doctor anyway. What, then, is the point of the law?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#15 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"How about this, do you think someone trying to talk a woman into having an abortion falls under the category of "coercion"?
It can't be because according to you "Trying to talk someone into ANYTHING is not."
I asked what YOU think. Please answer the question, and stop dancing around.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#16 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, learn to read. When I said that, I was talking about it not being ILLEGAL.

Do try to be honest for a change.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
But using force and threats of violence are already against the law. And the woman signs a consent form for the doctor anyway. What, then, is the point of the law?
Probably no point if the law is redundant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min zef 311,897
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 46 min zef 6,017
News State to begin audit of abortion-alternative group Mon cpeter1313 1
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Mon asha 69
News Feds push back on states targeting Planned Pare... Sep 25 cpeter1313 1
News Florida Abolitionists Petition to Outlaw Aborti... Sep 25 cpeter1313 1
News For Reagan campaign manager, this election is t... Sep 18 frigginhell 3
More from around the web