Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254955 Oct 13, 2014
Kent wrote:
War on women?? You mean the women who are being aborted.. murdered every day in the womb? Who is waging this war? Oh that's right. It's not a war. It's a sacred.. choice! "A woman has the right to choose".. to kill the baby in her womb!- Bulletin: Half of those babies are women! We have killed 57 million now! Hitlers war only killed 50 million.
In what universe are "women" being aborted?

A woman is defined as an adult female human. To my knowledge, an adult female human has NEVER been aborted.

What ARE commonly aborted are embryos, or more accurately, pregnancies.

Yes, I agree with the current law that says a woman has the right to choose whether she wants to be pregnant or not.

Comparing a woman who chooses to end a pregnancy with Hitler is asinine, and doesn't help getting anyone to take you seriously... nor does saying things like "half of those babies are women!" You just sound like a complete nutjob.

And I doubt very much you are concerned about millions of "women" being aborted, Kent. I bet you just like being self-righteous and sanctimonious and looking down on people who have had to make difficult decisions that you will never be faced with.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254956 Oct 13, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman is defined as an adult female human. To my knowledge, an adult female human has NEVER been aborted.
Yes, I agree with the current law that says a woman has the right to choose whether she wants to be pregnant or not.
Comparing a woman who chooses to end a pregnancy with Hitler is asinine, and doesn't help getting anyone to take you seriously... nor does saying things like "half of those babies are women!" You just sound like a complete nutjob.
And I doubt very much you are concerned about millions of "women" being aborted, Kent. I bet you just like being self-righteous and sanctimonious and looking down on people who have had to make difficult decisions that you will never be faced with.
Hello Thomas (Tre)
Just a quick stop to say...it's great to see you are still around.

You are a well grounded person with good common sense.

I always enjoyed your postings in the past and that includes your humor.

I chose to leave the Catholic Church over 2 years ago. It's been tough recovering from Catholism ( over 50 plus yrs.of it) but it's was a good move on my part for me.

Hope all is well with you and all your loved ones.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254957 Oct 14, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Thomas (Tre)
Just a quick stop to say...it's great to see you are still around.
You are a well grounded person with good common sense.
I always enjoyed your postings in the past and that includes your humor.
I chose to leave the Catholic Church over 2 years ago. It's been tough recovering from Catholism ( over 50 plus yrs.of it) but it's was a good move on my part for me.
Hope all is well with you and all your loved ones.
Hi Estelle,
Thanks for your kind words, and the feeling is mutual, and hope you are well also.

I'll admit it was not as tough for me being an ex Catholic. I was raised with it, and went through the motions because it was expected, but my heart was never really in it. My personal beliefs fluctuated over the years, but in hindsight, never seemed completely dependent on what I was taught. So, for me, "leaving" the Catholic Church was more like just admitting I was never really part of it.

I saw a bit on the News last night. They made it sound like it was some huge new change in the RCC. Turned out it was just more of the same conflicting message we've already heard. The church says something along the lines of "homosexuals should be treated with dignity, but not so much that we recognize their right to marry each other."

Not that I would ever expect the RCC to ever support same sex marriage. But who are they kidding? These statements are more or less political B.S. I'm sure their are plenty of Catholic laity, and even some clergy who are not anti-gay... as you know many of them ARE gay... But the church will never officially be accepting of homosexuality. Their pretense of treating homosexuals with "dignity" is specious at best.

As long as they continue to spend money actively fighting against LGBT equality, they are treating them with the opposite of dignity. Some may like to pretend that their recent statement is somehow a revolutionary step toward tolerance for the church, I'm just too damned cynical to buy that crap, no matter how "nice" the new pope seems to be.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#254958 Oct 14, 2014
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...

Vatican calls for Catholic Church to welcome gays
Vatican document states homosexuals have 'gifts and qualities to offer' in unprecedented step to 'welcome' gay people

By Josephine McKenna Vatican City 7:34PM BST 13 Oct 2014

Catholic bishops took an unprecedented step on Monday to "welcome" homosexuals and noting they had "gifts and qualities" to offer the church.
As the global synod on the family entered its second week at the Vatican, the bishops released a midterm document summarising the closed-door debate taking place between nearly 200 bishops and lay officials.
While the church reaffirmed its opposition to marriage and same sex unions, the ground-breaking document said homosexuality prompted "serious reflection" and was an "important educative challenge"....

“=”

Appleton WI

#254959 Oct 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/worldnews/europe/vaticancity andholysee/11159911/Vatican-ca lls-for-Catholic-Church-to-wel come-gays.html
Vatican document states homosexuals have 'gifts and qualities to offer' in unprecedented step to 'welcome' gay people
Catholic bishops took an unprecedented step on Monday to "welcome" homosexuals and noting they had "gifts and qualities" to offer the church.
As the global synod on the family entered its second week at the Vatican, the bishops released a midterm document summarising the closed-door debate taking place between nearly 200 bishops and lay officials.
While the church reaffirmed its opposition to marriage and same sex unions, the ground-breaking document said homosexuality prompted "serious reflection" and was an "important educative challenge"....
Yeah.... in other words, gay's money is just as green as anybody else's, and we don't want to refuse THOSE kind of "gifts."

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#254960 Oct 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/worldnews/europe/vaticancity andholysee/11159911/Vatican-ca lls-for-Catholic-Church-to-wel come-gays.html
The Catholic Church still considers homosexual behavior a serious sin. We have always accepted sinners. This is what the pope is saying.

Location hidden

#254961 Oct 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Estelle,
Thanks for your kind words, and the feeling is mutual, and hope you are well also.
I'll admit it was not as tough for me being an ex Catholic. I was raised with it, and went through the motions because it was expected, but my heart was never really in it. My personal beliefs fluctuated over the years, but in hindsight, never seemed completely dependent on what I was taught. So, for me, "leaving" the Catholic Church was more like just admitting I was never really part of it.
I saw a bit on the News last night. They made it sound like it was some huge new change in the RCC. Turned out it was just more of the same conflicting message we've already heard. The church says something along the lines of "homosexuals should be treated with dignity, but not so much that we recognize their right to marry each other."
Not that I would ever expect the RCC to ever support same sex marriage. But who are they kidding? These statements are more or less political B.S. I'm sure their are plenty of Catholic laity, and even some clergy who are not anti-gay... as you know many of them ARE gay... But the church will never officially be accepting of homosexuality. Their pretense of treating homosexuals with "dignity" is specious at best.
As long as they continue to spend money actively fighting against LGBT equality, they are treating them with the opposite of dignity. Some may like to pretend that their recent statement is somehow a revolutionary step toward tolerance for the church, I'm just too damned cynical to buy that crap, no matter how "nice" the new pope seems to be.
I'm on the same page as you....
this Pope is just repackaging the same stuff but it's the same old product so to speak.

It's sad, this gets so many folks hopes up just to be crushed again and again.

My goodness the hierarchy of the church are actually going to promo Natural Family Planning.
That's got to tell you they are so out of touch. Still no artificial birth control. Super stupid in my opinion.

Some Catholic priests on the internet are saying there will be no major dogma change.

Bottom line is to get more money from their flock.

Location hidden

#254962 Oct 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.... in other words, gay's money is just as green as anybody else's, and we don't want to refuse THOSE kind of "gifts."
I learned long ago why my son who is gay decided to leave the Catholic Church years ago and not support it. He didn't want to live his life as a lie. Good for him.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#254963 Oct 15, 2014
If you think cash is the only kind of gifts homosexuals offer society, then you are badly prejudiced.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#254964 Oct 15, 2014
"Brian_G" trying not to be THAT homophobe
If you think cash is the only kind of gifts homosexuals offer society, then you are badly prejudiced.
----------
says the fool against gay marriage

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#254965 Oct 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You are. You are against the baker, photographer and florist having free will.
What should be done is with every order , you get ten sandwiches from chik-fil a. they will leave us alone, for sure.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#254966 Oct 15, 2014
The issue is the sex segregation of marriage; I support diversity, affirmative action and the perfect integration of one man and one woman marriage.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254967 Oct 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The issue is the sex segregation of marriage;
For once, you are right. Some governments are attempting to enforce such segregation, but they are failing, spectacularly, in court. It appears they cannot provide so little as a rational basis to support their views.
Brian_G wrote:
I support diversity, affirmative action and the perfect integration of one man and one woman marriage.
You support idiocy, and promote a general lack of freedom or free will.

Grow up, moron.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#254968 Oct 16, 2014
The left is attempting to create sex segregated marriage but the people don't consent. This should give you a hint of their future plans.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#254969 Oct 16, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's not funny money when it comes to being green. I have NEVER had anybody or business refuse my money.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254970 Oct 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
True. Good thing I don't think that. Nor do any rational people.

But homosexual or not, cash seems to be the most valuable gift anybody contributes to the Catholic Church. And since there has been a shift in how most of the civilized world views homosexuality, supporting, or appearing to support homosexuals can be a kind of leverage. Some in the church have recognized this, but are counting on people not to be smart enough to see through their thin veil.

They can't have it both ways. They can't expect that delivering the same message with a sweeter tone of voice is going to somehow change anything.

They need to either stand up for their position with conviction, and stick to it... or admit their position was wrong and change it. And we know they're not going to change it.

It's not going to work to simply pretend to be nicer and more accepting, if you still think homosexuality is "an intrinsic moral evil" and you will suffer for eternity for "choosing" to be this way, and defy "God's will" that you be heterosexual. Most people just aren't that stupid.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254971 Oct 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The issue is the sex segregation of marriage; I support diversity, affirmative action and the perfect integration of one man and one woman marriage.
Nonsense. "sex segregation" is a B.S meaningless. catch phrase, except it never caught on. You and Kimare are the only two people (if you are two people) I've ever seen attempt this asinine "argument."

So you support diversity AND affirmative action? Affirmative action usually refers to employing people, not personal relationships. Affirmative action with relationships amounts to FORCING people to be with someone YOU deem to be "diverse" from themselves, rather than being with someone they CHOOSE to be with for THEIR OWN REASONS.

And you're particularly concerned that a couple's genitals be "diverse," why? It's one thing to "support diversity" and quite another thing to INSIST that other people follow YOUR idea of diversity. How supremely arrogant one must be to believe he can better choose the mates of complete strangers than they can for themselves.

How about I, a 50 year old flabby white American geezer, hook up with a 25 year old athletic Filipino man? Isn't that diverse enough? How the hell is it any of your business WHO I date OR get married to?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#254972 Oct 17, 2014
Sex segregation means exactly what it says; same sex marriage is sex segregated marriage where before we had the perfect ideal of one man and one woman affirmative action, diversity and integration. Both women and men are harmed by segregation; keep equality, unity and integration of one man and one woman marriage over the prejudice, bigotry and discrimination of segregation.

The issue isn't who you love, you have the right of free association. The issue is the definition of marriage for all of society and the people don't want segregation.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254973 Oct 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The left is attempting to create sex segregated marriage but the people don't consent. This should give you a hint of their future plans.
The idiots are trying to prevent equality under the law, and subvert the US Constitution.
Kent

Twinsburg, OH

#254974 Oct 17, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "look down on women" who have chosen to kill their unborn child. We all make choices we regret, including me. I was once at a pro-life rally in my parish. The Deacon asked us for our comments and prayers. I stood up and said, "Many women are choosing to send their babies from the womb to the tomb!" I sat down thinking I was pretty clever. Then the woman in the pew right in front of me leaned over onto her friends shoulder and began to sob. I thought, "What have I done?" I raised my hand and this time I prayed, "Lord. May women who have had abortions come to know that they can receive forgiveness from Jesus and forgiveness from their child."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min Mychihuahuawillbite 307,743
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 5 hr zef 5,541
Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard (Jun '11) 23 hr nailintail 348
A strategic gamble pays poorly (Oct '09) Sat John Trenter 14
Pro-choice stance a deal breaker for these Demo... (Oct '08) Sat apodacamel 15
The resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Spir... Sat Winds Of Change 90
House GOP leaders cave on abortion bill Sat DUHHHHHHmacrats 8
More from around the web