Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219901 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#255086 Nov 7, 2014
kent wrote:
<quoted text> Of course the Church does not say that every time a man and a woman have sex they must have a child. It says that a married couple must be open to the possibility of new life when they have sex. Gays biologically can not enter into a marriage and can not possibly bring new life. Oral sex between a man and a woman, would be considered foreplay that could lead to consummation and to new life.
Sounds nice in theory but many Catholics aren't buying.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/14/98-p...

Naughty CINO's. They know that NFP is a lousy method unless actively wanting to become pregnant. I think Mother knows that and hence strongly endorses. The more Catholics the more power and money in the coffers.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255087 Nov 8, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated "because that is a dysfunctional use of the reproduction system." Oral sex doesn't lead to procreation and yet it is quite popular. What about women that are not able to conceive? Should they never have sex because it would not serve a "purpose"?
There is nothing wrong with oral sex as foreplay that leads to intercourse between a man and his wife that can lead to the pro-creation of new life. I have always said that a man and his wife must be "open to new life." That does not mean that circumstances, not of their making, may not be present that prevent new life.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255089 Nov 8, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. if they weren't still struggling with the issue, Francis wouldn't keep saying things that make conservative Catholics uncomfortable.
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm pretty sure the pope can pretty much do as they please.
<quoted text>
They also oppose the leading measure of prevention. Namely, condoms.
I am a conservative Catholic and what Pope Frances has been saying has not made me the least bit uncomfortable. He is not saying what the mainstream media would have you think he is saying. He says about gays "Whom am I to judge" and the media misinterprets as usual. The Pope is NOT the judge of gays or anyone else. God is. The Church's position remains what it has always been.. we must accept gays without condoning sodomy. It is no more loving gays to accept their homosexual BEHAVIOR than it would be loving alcoholics by accepting their alcoholic behavior. Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Pope must follow the same commandments as the rest of us and can not do as he pleases. I know this does not fit the stereotype but one of the Pope's titles is "the servant of the servants of God."
kent

Hudson, OH

#255090 Nov 9, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's right, while the Islamist State is murdering gays and raping women, lides is calling the supporters of one man and one woman marriage homophobe bigots, he's on the side of the left, not life.
I like it. "..he is on the side of the left not life." If the left has a sacred mantra it is the half sentence, "I believe in a woman's right to choose.." But they HATE the rest of that sentence. "I believe in a woman's right to choose.. to kill her unborn child."

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255091 Nov 10, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then how come the media and T.H. won't use their name? Why don't the name the evil murdering women and gays instead of using an acronym?
I don't know. It's not the topic here, so I'm not discussing it.
Brian_G wrote:
Not your topic; who gives you rule over the topics on this thread? Do I need to say, please?
I don't have rule. As I said before, I can't stop you from being off-topic, but neither can you stop me from pointing out that you're off-topic. I don not decide the topics here. The topic of this thread is what the title/headline says (not what you OR I say it is ), and is further explored in the accompanying article. Despite YOUR denial, this thread has NOTHING to do with the Islamic State, or whatever name YOU prefer to give it.
Brian_G wrote:
Then again, the Catholic Church runs hospitals and universities of medicine to treat women and gays; the fact its institutions save the lives of gays and women is perfectly germane to the topic at hand; no matter your denial.
No matter your denial, The Catholic Church treats gays like 'abominations' and women like servants and breeding stock. The fact that hospitals treat women and gays does not negate those facts. If you think that hospitals treating illness and injury means the Catholic Church does no wrong just because they maybe do some things right, you're fooling yourself.

Brian_G wrote:
Like the "war on women" and the "campus rape culture" is a lie and not literally true? The topic is a red herring; the war on our culture comes from the left.
I don't know how this is in reply to anything I said. It's complete nonsense and has nothing to do with the topic. Try arguing against a point I actually made instead of pretending I said something I didn't. I get that you don't like "the left" and everything that's wrong with the world is "the left's fault." Blah blah blah.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm willing to face and endorse the Catholic Church's current treatment of women and gays; I'm on subject and disagree with your premise.
Huh? What premise, specifically do you disagree with? Go ahead and endorse the Catholic Church. I don't give a sh!t.
Brian_G wrote:
All the hate comes from the left.
Ridiculous. Hate is not a left-right thing. Grow up.
Brian_G wrote:
See? The left can't call them the Islamic State for fear someone will be offended; PC rules and speech codes rule modern media and campus.
I call them the Islamist State for the sake of accuracy. The USA and Catholic Church are our allies against our enemies. I'm honestly not sure which side radical secularists, extremist libertarians and leftists are on.
This has nothing to do with the topic OR anything I said. It's just more asinine "hate comes from the left, and everything bad in the world is the left's fault, and I will take every opportunity to blame everything on the left... even though I don't hate them because they have a monopoly on hate."

Ludicrous. Hypocritical. Childish.Grow up.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#255092 Nov 10, 2014
kent wrote:
The main stream media wont mention it much but ISIS is slaughtering gays and raping women yes.. AND it is persecuting the Catholic Church in Iraq and S[y]ria. You may have heard that they have kidnapped thousands of young girls, all ages, and sold them into the sex slave trade? They are all mostly Christian children. It is genocide! Christian parents are being beheaded in front of their children. And many Christian parents have been forced to watch their children being crucified in front of them. Churches are attacked during Mass. In one Church 52 were machine-gunned. Over 100,000 Catholic refugees have been forced to flee their homeland so far. In most Islamic states it is a crime punishable by imprisonment or death to be gay or to convert from Islam to Christianity. We still live in an incredibly great country where we are free to disagree. I forget which American said it.. "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
That won't be true if the left's PC speech codes continue. They've taken over campus and almost all of the media. Fortunately, the Wall Street Journal and a few other outlets report the expulsion, enslavement and murder of infidels throughout the Islamic world. The Catholic Church is on the side of women and gays against ISIS but they don't have an Army.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255093 Nov 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That won't be true if the left's PC speech codes continue. They've taken over campus and almost all of the media. Fortunately, the Wall Street Journal and a few other outlets report the expulsion, enslavement and murder of infidels throughout the Islamic world. The Catholic Church is on the side of women and gays against ISIS but they don't have an Army.
I remember back when the mainstream TV media held debates on abortion and homosexuality. They ALWAYS stacked the deck, with two liberals to every one conservative and with the
"moderator" always on the side of the liberal. If a conservative was winning in spite of the odds there would be an explosion! On an Opra Winfry show a conservative made the point that, "If Martin Luther King Jr. were alive today he would be marching in the streets to give the unborn the right to "..life, liberty and the persuit of happiness." Opra went ballistic! She said, "You are not going to talk about Martin Luther King like that on MY show." and ordered him off her stage. On a Phil Donahue show debating homosexual rights they stacked 5 (FIVE) liberals against 1 (ONE) Priest. Two homosexuals and their mothers plus Donahue. When the Priest suggested that the homosexuals there needed help, not enabling, one of the mothers started to cry. Donahue said, "You are not going to treat this poor woman liked that on MY show!" and kicked him off the stage. That has become the number one tactic of the far left. If you simply disagree with them that proves you are "full of hate."

“=”

Appleton WI

#255094 Nov 11, 2014
It occurred to me that telling women and gays that the Catholic Church is "on their side" because they're not murdering them (like ISIS), is a bit like telling slaves that their owners are on their side because hey... they feed them, clothe them, give them a barn or shack to sleep in... and don't allow others to steal them or murder them. Yes... we should be grateful for all they do for us.

Women, we REALLY LOVE and appreciate you, especially when you're cooking and cleaning and having babies and raising them. And we let some of them do paperwork and stuff too. But you're just not quite good enough to be in any position of higher authority in the church...

No! No! Not because we think you couldn't do it...but because we believe that GOD has a mysterious (but perfectly good) reason for wanting things that way.

NO! Of COURSE we acknowledge that this is the 21st century and most of society sees women as equal human beings and not property, servants or breeeding stock.

We KNOW that women are capable and hold positions of importance all over the world... but... but... but... there's this book of ancient stuff that even though we KNOW some of the stuff in it is dead wrong... we think it's "the WORD OF GOD" and.... and.. while it may seem ultra-misogynistic and sexist, or just arbitrary at best to us, I'm sure GOD has perfectly good reasons why women cannot be priests, cardinals. bishops, popes... etc.

You just have to have FAITH that God has good reasons that we humans are just too stupid to understand... um.. umm... because HE created us that way.... yeah.... that's the ticket.

And women... you are incubators. Once you are pregnant, your body no longer belongs to you. And trying to prevent yourself from becoming pregnant... well... God doesn't like that either. You are here to just make babies, babies, babies.... all babies, all the time.... well... except for when you're cooking and cleaning.

Only GOD decides to end pregnancies. Even women who WANT to have babies, will have miscarriages when GOD decides for his own reasons to ABORT your baby FOR you. And he decides this millions of times for reasons we just have to trust are good.

And gays.... well... we will do our best to treat you with "dignity" while we explain to you that your being so is "an intrinsic moral evil." And we will use a kind and soothing tone of voice when we tell you that being gay is so horrible that God will burn you for eternity if you don't stop being the way he created you! I mean... we'll REALLY be NICE about it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#255095 Nov 11, 2014
T.H. misunderstands; the Catholic Church is on our side against ISIS because it protects gays and actively rejects the hate directed at gays T.H. advocates above. There is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality yet T.H. doesn't condemn the Islamic State for its murders.

T.H. is on their side against us and the Catholic Church.

Location hidden

#255096 Nov 12, 2014
^^^Poppycock.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255097 Nov 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
T.H. misunderstands; the Catholic Church is on our side against ISIS because it protects gays and actively rejects the hate directed at gays T.H. advocates above. There is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality yet T.H. doesn't condemn the Islamic State for its murders.
Just because I don't feel like talking about ISIS on a thread that has nothing to do with ISIS does not mean you can assume that I don't condemn them, or that I support them, or that I'm "on their side." It's ridiculous, and a blatant lie. But when you don't have any REAL point to make, or anything on-topic to say, just make shit up.

I'm sorry, but having been raised Catholic, I have more than enough understanding to be very confident that my understanding and opinions of the church are quite valid whether YOU like them or not.

The current pope may be using a kinder gentler tone of voice when condemning homosexuality, but the RCC does NOT "protect" or "reject the hate directed at gays" in any real sense. In fact they continue to perpetuate it.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#255098 Nov 13, 2014
A video put out by the Lutherans (about 6 minutes) explains why the Christian prohibition against gay marriage is not an example of scriptural 'cherry-picking!

Something about under the moral law.

Horus reads the internet aim to all especially the young (cartoon form).

Talk about a passive aggressiveness to get their moral point across.

kent

Hudson, OH

#255099 Nov 13, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I don't believe that T.H is on the side of ISIS. And I don't really think he understood the Catholic Church which he/she? left. The Church does not condemn homosexuals just as the bible does not. The Church condemns homosexual BEHAVIOR. Would the Church really be loving homosexuals if it condoned sodomy, which the bible clearly says is a soul endangering, sin of which they must repent? That would not be loving. That would be enabling. And the Church does have biblical reasons for not ordaining women. I can name four. But I wonder if T.H. knows one! A lot of our debates with ex Catholics come from the last couple of generations of Catholics receiving such poor catechesis. I think maybe the biggest need in the Church today is to teach Catholicism.. to Catholics!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#255100 Nov 13, 2014
kent wrote:
I don't believe that T.H is on the side of ISIS. And I don't really think he understood the Catholic Church which he/she? left. The Church does not condemn homosexuals just as the bible does not. The Church condemns homosexual BEHAVIOR. Would the Church really be loving homosexuals if it condoned sodomy, which the bible clearly says is a soul endangering, sin of which they must repent? That would not be loving. That would be enabling. And the Church does have biblical reasons for not ordaining women. I can name four. But I wonder if T.H. knows one! A lot of our debates with ex Catholics come from the last couple of generations of Catholics receiving such poor catechesis. I think maybe the biggest need in the Church today is to teach Catholicism.. to Catholics!
Sounds like someone is rationalizing their judgment of others.

Location hidden

#255101 Nov 13, 2014
Kent, did it ever cross your mind that the Bible was written by misogynistic men? I think it's fairly well agreed that Paul denigrated women. You could counter that the Holy Spirit was speaking through Paul, but that's an even scarier notion. God so hated women that he made Eve so that Adam could have an inferior playmate ?

“=”

Appleton WI

#255102 Nov 13, 2014
kent wrote:
<quoted text> I don't believe that T.H is on the side of ISIS. And I don't really think he understood the Catholic Church which he/she? left. The Church does not condemn homosexuals just as the bible does not. The Church condemns homosexual BEHAVIOR. Would the Church really be loving homosexuals if it condoned sodomy, which the bible clearly says is a soul endangering, sin of which they must repent? That would not be loving. That would be enabling. And the Church does have biblical reasons for not ordaining women. I can name four. But I wonder if T.H. knows one! A lot of our debates with ex Catholics come from the last couple of generations of Catholics receiving such poor catechesis. I think maybe the biggest need in the Church today is to teach Catholicism.. to Catholics!
So, you think I don't understand the church and left it because they failed to properly educate me on Catholicism? What a joke.

YOU were not properly educated on BOTH the Bible AND sex education when you imply that "sodomy" is a "homosexual behavior."

Go ahead and name your "biblical reasons" for not ordaining women. I doubt they hold up to any rational thinking in the 21st century... but that's true with so much of the bible, which was written by ancient primitve people, not a god.

The rules about women in the clergy reflect the way women were thought of and treated at the time. The biggest need in ANY christian church is to admit that the bible was not written or inspired by god, and there's a lot of that's just plain wrong. In some cases it's moral lessons are actually downright IMMORAL, as is the god that is depicted in these MYTHS.
Black thunder 42 f gay

United States

#255103 Nov 17, 2014
Black thunder42 f gay,that shows how much f,,,,gay and lesbian attitude you are mother f,,cker.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#255104 Nov 18, 2014
Kent, T.H. and the others are on the side of ISIS against gays, women and the Catholic Church. Read their own words for proof of their intentions.

Location hidden

#255105 Nov 18, 2014
Tre H wrote:
It occurred to me that telling women and gays that the Catholic Church is "on their side" because they're not murdering them (like ISIS), is a bit like telling slaves that their owners are on their side because hey... they feed them, clothe them, give them a barn or shack to sleep in... and don't allow others to steal them or murder them. Yes... we should be grateful for all they do for us.
Women, we REALLY LOVE and appreciate you, especially when you're cooking and cleaning and having babies and raising them. And we let some of them do paperwork and stuff too. But you're just not quite good enough to be in any position of higher authority in the church...
No! No! Not because we think you couldn't do it...but because we believe that GOD has a mysterious (but perfectly good) reason for wanting things that way.
NO! Of COURSE we acknowledge that this is the 21st century and most of society sees women as equal human beings and not property, servants or breeeding stock.
We KNOW that women are capable and hold positions of importance all over the world... but... but... but... there's this book of ancient stuff that even though we KNOW some of the stuff in it is dead wrong... we think it's "the WORD OF GOD" and.... and.. while it may seem ultra-misogynistic and sexist, or just arbitrary at best to us, I'm sure GOD has perfectly good reasons why women cannot be priests, cardinals. bishops, popes... etc.
You just have to have FAITH that God has good reasons that we humans are just too stupid to understand... um.. umm... because HE created us that way.... yeah.... that's the ticket.
And women... you are incubators. Once you are pregnant, your body no longer belongs to you. And trying to prevent yourself from becoming pregnant... well... God doesn't like that either. You are here to just make babies, babies, babies.... all babies, all the time.... well... except for when you're cooking and cleaning.
Only GOD decides to end pregnancies. Even women who WANT to have babies, will have miscarriages when GOD decides for his own reasons to ABORT your baby FOR you. And he decides this millions of times for reasons we just have to trust are good.
And gays.... well... we will do our best to treat you with "dignity" while we explain to you that your being so is "an intrinsic moral evil." And we will use a kind and soothing tone of voice when we tell you that being gay is so horrible that God will burn you for eternity if you don't stop being the way he created you! I mean... we'll REALLY be NICE about it!
Well said!

Location hidden

#255106 Nov 18, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making a lot of assumptions about Junket's beliefs. She did not state her specific beliefs, but ASKED, "what if?" I personally think it is far more intelligent to be willing to ask questions than it is to presume we have all the answers already.
You also make the mistake of perceiving yourself as the standard by which everyone else should be measured. Please don't assume that all agnostics believe exactly as you once did, or that all Christians believe as you now do. And you should not necessarily assume that someone who is willing to ask questions must be agnostic.
Maybe you do this because it makes you feel more comfortable to assume that other people are just like you, but many are not.
From a few postings of 'Kent' I read and just remember it's simply an observation on my part.

It seems "Kent" fell off from this so called agnostic wagon and returned to his original comfort zone being a practicing "Christian" (a Catholic?). It's not that unusual what he did.

I left the Catholic Church almost 3 yrs. ago. There's still times I get this urge, if I do hurry to the nearest confessional and I think everything will be okay after that.
Like I said an urge that lasts a few moments then common sense kicks in.

It takes little effort to take the easy way out because of fear what family, friends and society will think of you but it's a hard struggling work to be true to yourself.

There are hours I do feel alone but the majority of the time it's great just to be the real me. I must do what's right for me not what other folks think I should believe and follow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min ThomasA 311,038
News Planned Parenthood Video Refuels GOP's Abortion... (Jul '15) 22 min Farrah Faucet 100
News Alabama lawmakers pass ban on abortion method a... 5 hr Three Days 1
News Planned Parenthood sues Indiana for abortion law 6 hr Three Days 20
News Alabama Passes Bill To Treat Abortion Clinics L... 10 hr cpeter1313 1
News FDA Misleadingly Relaxes Guidelines for Dangero... 10 hr cpeter1313 1
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Wed ZEF 5,990
More from around the web