Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220348 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Svaha

Largo, FL

#253964 Sep 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that as a straightforward answer?
I realize that he doesn't owe me any answer at all but if there is no honest back and forth then I guess he is done.
It was a straightforward answer. It can't be helped if you don't understand that.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253965 Sep 15, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a straightforward answer. It can't be helped if you don't understand that.
Then my understanding was that the poster believes in Jesus.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253966 Sep 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then my understanding was that the poster believes in Jesus.
interpret it any way you like. You will anyway no matter the pains someone takes to explain it to you. Hmm doesn't June do that too?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253967 Sep 15, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
interpret it any way you like. You will anyway no matter the pains someone takes to explain it to you. Hmm doesn't June do that too?
If it was straightforward as you say, I shouldn't have to interpret it at all. Personally, I found the answer quite gauzy and hedgeing.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253968 Sep 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was straightforward as you say, I shouldn't have to interpret it at all. Personally, I found the answer quite gauzy and hedgeing.
of course you did dear

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#253969 Sep 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wrote this, would it make sense to you?
"I believe a man did live around the time Jesus was supposed to have lived, who's life resembles Jesus' in many ways. However, he was not born on December 25, and may not have even been named Jesus. It's hard to give you a specific amount or percentage that I find believable."
A man who's life resembled Jesus', if it wasn't Jesus, who was it?
And I'm ridiculous. LOL
Of course it makes sense to me. I wrote it, and I meant it. Yes, you're being ridiculous. You either choose to ignore the point or it eludes you, and you focus on some irrelevant detail.

Have you ever seen movies "based on a true story?" Many of the details may be accurate and characters based on real people, but many details are fictionalized and names are changed to make the story more palatable to the entertainment seeking public. I believe something very similar was done with Jesus in the bible. The name of the real person that the character Jesus was based on is not relevant to the point, and probably no one knows anyway.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#253970 Sep 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hedge about anything. I simply tried in vain to explain it to you, but it's like we speak different languages. You speak (and think) black and white while I speak (and think) in color and many shades of gray.

I've already explain to the best of my ability that I believe a man may have existed, even PROBABLY existed, who the biblical Jesus character was based on.

If you NEED a simple yes or no answer, then I would have to say NO.

NO.

Even if PARTS of it are true, fiction is fiction. NO, I do NOT believe the Jesus in the bible and all the details about him are real.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253971 Sep 16, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hedge about anything. I simply tried in vain to explain it to you, but it's like we speak different languages. You speak (and think) black and white while I speak (and think) in color and many shades of gray.
I've already explain to the best of my ability that I believe a man may have existed, even PROBABLY existed, who the biblical Jesus character was based on.
If you NEED a simple yes or no answer, then I would have to say NO.
NO.
Even if PARTS of it are true, fiction is fiction. NO, I do NOT believe the Jesus in the bible and all the details about him are real.
It took two days but I finally have an answer.

You're right, I don't think that you can believe in shades of gray. For me, you either believe something or you don't and you should know which it is. Clarity is important to one's knowledge of who they are and how they want to live. Just my opinion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#253972 Sep 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It took two days but I finally have an answer.
You're right, I don't think that you can believe in shades of gray. For me, you either believe something or you don't and you should know which it is. Clarity is important to one's knowledge of who they are and how they want to live. Just my opinion.
You can believe in something, and still not believe in everything that is said about it.

You want an example?

Santa Claus. The concept of Santa Claus is based on an actual a person that supposedly really existed, Saint Nicholas. One can believe that Saint Nicholas existed without believing that he lives in the North Pole and comes down chimney's every Christmas, right?

What I got from Tre's response is that he acknowledges that there may be a kernel of truth in the stories about Jesus, but that he doesn't believe all of them are true.

Live is FULL of such shades of gray. Only the extremist thinks everything must be either/or.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253974 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong, if you think like that, well your life is full of chaos and reading your posts show you are chaotic. If you don't believe in God, then you worship satan. No in between. No shades of grey.
You are 100% incorrect in this post.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253975 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong, if you think like that, well your life is full of chaos and reading your posts show you are chaotic. If you don't believe in God, then you worship satan. No in between. No shades of grey.
I feel very very sorry for you
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253976 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe in something, and still not believe in everything that is said about it.
You want an example?
Santa Claus. The concept of Santa Claus is based on an actual a person that supposedly really existed, Saint Nicholas. One can believe that Saint Nicholas existed without believing that he lives in the North Pole and comes down chimney's every Christmas, right?
What I got from Tre's response is that he acknowledges that there may be a kernel of truth in the stories about Jesus, but that he doesn't believe all of them are true.
Live is FULL of such shades of gray. Only the extremist thinks everything must be either/or.
It doesn't matter how conveluted her thought process is. I only asked if she believed in the biblical Jesus, basically if he walked the earth. It is an either/or question. She finally said "no".
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253977 Sep 17, 2013
She should be he. I guess.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253978 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how conveluted her thought process is. I only asked if she believed in the biblical Jesus, basically if he walked the earth. It is an either/or question. She finally said "no".
Way to miss the point, Witless.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253979 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to miss the point, Witless.
It was my original point and question and it only required a yes, no or I don't know answer.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253980 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was my original point and question and it only required a yes, no or I don't know answer.
That's because you're an extremist, who only thinks in black and white. By the way, Witless, I wasn't talking about your original question, but the point of my post (and Tre's for that matter). A point which I believe you actually saw, but couldn't admit was valid. Either that, or you're even less intelligent than I previously thought.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253981 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're an extremist, who only thinks in black and white. By the way, Witless, I wasn't talking about your original question, but the point of my post (and Tre's for that matter). A point which I believe you actually saw, but couldn't admit was valid. Either that, or you're even less intelligent than I previously thought.
Does that mean that if you believe in Jesus, you are an extremist and if you definately don't believe in Jesus, you are also an extremist? Black and white.

Or is it better to say, I think I might believe in some man who might have lived in that time but I don't think I believe He was Jesus or that He did all the things written. I guess that is valid to a confused mind.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253982 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean that if you believe in Jesus, you are an extremist and if you definately don't believe in Jesus, you are also an extremist? Black and white.
Or is it better to say, I think I might believe in some man who might have lived in that time but I don't think I believe He was Jesus or that He did all the things written. I guess that is valid to a confused mind.
Do you believe Saint Nicholas existed?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#253983 Sep 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Saint Nicholas existed?
Yes

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253984 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Do you believe he dropped presents down people's chimneys?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 4 hr rfirma1 751
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) 7 hr nicky 49
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 8 hr zef 5,806
News House Judiciary panel sets first Planned Parent... 13 hr californio 27
News Planned Parenthood is not the key to womena s h... 23 hr huey goins 95
News Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to... Thu Cat74 81
News Commentary: 4 reasons Hillary Clinton should ap... Thu Norbert of Norview 2
More from around the web