Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219900 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254465 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And straight on to a self centered, self serving horse.
I'm probably going to regret asking this... but how is allowing other people to make their own choices "self centered, self serving?"

How is trying to force other people to do what YOU want them to NOT "self centered, self serving?"

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254466 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why we shouldn't teach our children morals.
Tell me why you think MY children should be taught YOUR morals?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254467 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't know what a straw man fallacy is. One definition of it is "You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack."
You replied to Estelle's post with "So you think there should be no consideration of the child or the father."
She said nothing to indicate that this is what she thinks. YOU made it up and tried to pin it on her. Basically you argue against a point she never made. This is dishonest and a known logical fallacy.
I wasn't arguing. I was asking a question.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254468 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why you think MY children should be taught YOUR morals?
I didn't say my morals.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254469 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm probably going to regret asking this... but how is allowing other people to make their own choices "self centered, self serving?"
How is trying to force other people to do what YOU want them to NOT "self centered, self serving?"
That was days ago. I don't remember in what context I said that.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254470 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You are falsely implying that her position is that no one else should be considered. Why must you resort to dishonest tactics in order to attempt to argue your own position? Why must you misrepresent others positions?
I think she implied it not me.


Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think there should be no consideration of the child or the father.

No matter what you like to see happened in the end it's the female who is pregnant it's her rights that comes first not anybody else.
Estelle
»
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254471 May 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So what age demographic are you objecting to? Young adults and teenagers?
I think they would understand that it's a more complex issue and not simply "kill versus not kill".
You can talk about all the complexities and nuances but in the end you, as a parent are guiding your child as to whether or not killing an unborn child is acceptable.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254472 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We have 2 billion Catholics alone and they aren't out killing abortion doctors. Abortionists are killing everyday.
I didn't say Catholics were out killing people. I said people with that extremist point of view are the ones who do that kind of thing.

I'm sorry, but I find that people who refer to abortion as "murder" and call women who have abortions and doctors who perform them "evil" Are just too extreme and irrational to have a rational adult discussion with. They pretend it's about respecting life, but it's really about telling people to go to hell and claiming their superior morality. Bullsh!t.

I actually HAD a similar position when I was a teenager and had really no clue what I was talking about. Then I grew up and saw that the world was not black and white and there aren't always simple answers or one size fits all answers to every situation. People who think in absolutes are dangerous.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254473 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't arguing. I was asking a question.
And the way you asked it obviously IMPLIED that she wasn't considering others. You continue to be dishonest, and transparently so.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254474 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say my morals.
You didn't HAVE to say it. If not YOUR morals, the WHOSE do you wish to teach?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254475 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That was days ago. I don't remember in what context I said that.
Well, how friggin convenient for you. You can't look back a page or two?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254476 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't HAVE to say it. If not YOUR morals, the WHOSE do you wish to teach?
Your's, if you can think of any.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254477 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
And the way you asked it obviously IMPLIED that she wasn't considering others. You continue to be dishonest, and transparently so.
She didn't mention anybody else being taken into consideration.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254478 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she implied it not me.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think there should be no consideration of the child or the father.
No matter what you like to see happened in the end it's the female who is pregnant it's her rights that comes first not anybody else.
Estelle
»
No. YOU brought it up, so it was YOU who implied it. Stop being dishonest... if that's possible for you.

And quoting what she said AFTER you asked the question doesn't help your argument OR make you look any less dishonest.

Her position is that it is ultimately the decision of the woman who is pregnant. Never did she say or imply that no one else should be considered. Every situation is different.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254479 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can talk about all the complexities and nuances but in the end you, as a parent are guiding your child as to whether or not killing an unborn child is acceptable.
What point are you trying to make? When did this become about explaining abortion to a child?

Like many other things in life, the nuances and complexities ARE important, and only a person who is mature enough to understand them should be EXPECTED to understand them.

Clearly some adults are stuck in a world where everything is black and white and absolute and nuances and complexities don't exist. Unfortunately they will not be capable of teaching children much of anything that is useful in the real world.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254480 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your's, if you can think of any.
Okay.... are you interested in an adult discussion, or are you just going to be a flippant jackass?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254481 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say Catholics were out killing people. I said people with that extremist point of view are the ones who do that kind of thing.
I'm sorry, but I find that people who refer to abortion as "murder" and call women who have abortions and doctors who perform them "evil" Are just too extreme and irrational to have a rational adult discussion with. They pretend it's about respecting life, but it's really about telling people to go to hell and claiming their superior morality. Bullsh!t.
I actually HAD a similar position when I was a teenager and had really no clue what I was talking about. Then I grew up and saw that the world was not black and white and there aren't always simple answers or one size fits all answers to every situation. People who think in absolutes are dangerous.
Anyone who feels that it is immoral to kill their unborn child is an exteremist to you.

Killing that child would be the norm for you.

I realize that there are many reasons for deciding to have an abortion but the one absolute is that the abortion will kill the growing baby in the womb.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254482 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
No. YOU brought it up, so it was YOU who implied it. Stop being dishonest... if that's possible for you.
And quoting what she said AFTER you asked the question doesn't help your argument OR make you look any less dishonest.
Her position is that it is ultimately the decision of the woman who is pregnant. Never did she say or imply that no one else should be considered. Every situation is different.
I hope this ends this silly runaround

Estelle wrote:<quoted text>

As for the unborn I realize it's a difficult and sad situation nevertheless the female who decides to have an abortion she's the ONE that comes FIRST.

There is no consideration for the fetus here, therefore my question.

So you think there should be no consideration of the child or the father.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#254483 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can talk about all the complexities and nuances but in the end you, as a parent are guiding your child as to whether or not killing an unborn child is acceptable.
I think my child will come to the rational conclusion that the needs, desires, and health of a sentient women are more important than those of an embryo or fetus that doesn't possess any of the important traits that makes a person a person.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254484 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who feels that it is immoral to kill their unborn child is an exteremist to you.
False.
Ink wrote:
Killing that child would be the norm for you..
False.

Please stick to telling us YOUR position. When you try telling others what THEIR position is, you tend to be dishonest and wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Wendy Davis calls abortion ruling g... 1 hr okimar 2
News Mandatory Waiting Periods Are Making Abortions ... 1 hr South Knox Hombre 8
News Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion clini... 3 hr Cujo 23
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Todd for Real 311,342
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 20 hr Retired SOF 153
News Milestones in legal fight over Texas abortion law Mon Cat74 2
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Mon Mtm 59
More from around the web