Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 20 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Svaha

Largo, FL

#253913 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would being compared to you rather than "them" be a compliment or an insult?
And I suggest those you refer to as the religious "right" simply refer to their selves as "being 'right' on the mark of truth."
thanks yet again for proving my point June
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253914 Sep 7, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the myth that you believe. It is far from historical fact. Unless you are claiming to have witnessed the resurrection personally, it is only what you believe, not what you know.
I never saw Cleopatra either but someone who knew wrote about her as they did Jesus.

Do you only believe that people existed that you have personally seen?
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253915 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
It would be refreshing if you would stop referring to others as "them" as though others are stupid and you are brilliant.
Following Miriam Simos's blather as being a thrill to you, doesn't say much for your ability to see beyond her religious scams.
Why would we want to follow Miriam Simos' blather when we have yours??
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253916 Sep 7, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the existence of manuscripts only proves the existence of manuscripts.
Can't you say that for all of history?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253917 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To pretend that Christianity was supported by a Jew was and IS a monu-mental lie.
A Jew would NOT support any religion BUT Judaism.
Wake up people ... or not. The onus is on YOU.
Maybe the Jews you know and I would agree with you but Christ was different with a different mission and that mission was to bring word of the love God has for all people, not just Jews.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253918 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Harm ye none" ... or similar sentiments has been the haughty claim in all religion ... yet if we are honest, we all intend to harm others.
Insulting others is not based on anything other than the intent to harm.
Humans are nothing of which to brag, as being selfish animals simply is what it is.
To aspire to be other than human is to be silly.
The truth is, there is pleasure to be found in insulting others. It's a devious pleasure ... but still ... it's a form of pleasure.
If that were not so, we would not be on forums where insulting is the name of the game.
It is a sad commentary on the type of person who injoys insulting people. It's kind of like bullying from behind a curtain because you know that you would be a simpering pile of mush if you had to face the other person.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253919 Sep 7, 2013
enjoys

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#253920 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Jews you know and I would agree with you but Christ was different with a different mission and that mission was to bring word of the love God has for all people, not just Jews.
You have created a watered down version of some morphed religion that has no connection to REAL Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#253921 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sad commentary on the type of person who injoys insulting people.
I agree. Aren't WE pathetic!!!

:

You "judge" that most of humanity will spend eternity in hell for not believing in Jesus ... and I "judge" that you are an overbearing bible thumper.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#253922 Sep 7, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we want to follow Miriam Simos' blather when we have yours??
Why are you asking me that question? It's quite obvious that you prefer the blather of Miriam Simos over my blather.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

During the 1990s, Starhawk continued her Wicca evangelicalism through teaching week-long "Witch Camps" and working in the Covenant of the Goddess, a legally recognized Church since 1975.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/starhawk#ixzz2eF...
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253923 Sep 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you asking me that question? It's quite obvious that you prefer the blather of Miriam Simos over my blather.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
During the 1990s, Starhawk continued her Wicca evangelicalism through teaching week-long "Witch Camps" and working in the Covenant of the Goddess, a legally recognized Church since 1975.
Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/starhawk#ixzz2eF...
Why didn't you answer my question? Why should we follow Miriam Simos' blather when we have yours? Perfectly reasonable question

Prince George, Canada

#253924 Sep 7, 2013
Those old popes knew what it meant to be a Catholic. They didn't pussy-foot around as does Ink in the idea that "god loves everybody ... blah, blah blah..."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……

In England a Romish paper called the Rambler speaks as follows …“Religious liberty, in the sense of a liberty possessed by every man to choose his own religion, is one of the most wicked delusions ever foisted upon this age by the father of all deceit. The very name of liberty—except in the sense of a permission to do certain definite acts—ought to be banished from the realm of religion. It is neither more nor less than a falsehood. No man has a right to choose his religion. None but an atheist can uphold the principles of religious liberty. Shall I, therefore, fall in with this abominable illusion? Shall I foster that damnable doctrine, that Socinianism, and Calvinism, and Anglicanism, and Judaism are not every one of them mortal sins like murder and adultery? Shall I hold out hopes to my erring Protestant brother that I will not meddle with his creed if he not meddle with mine? Shall I tempt him to forget that he has no more right to his religious views than he has to my purse, or my house, or my lifeblood? No. Catholicism is the most intolerant of creeds. It is intolerant itself; for it is the truth itself. We might as rationally maintain that a sane-man has a right to believe that two and two do not make four, as this theory of religious liberty. Its impiety is only equaled by its absurdity.”

This was published and indorsed by the Shepherd of the Valley, a Romish newspaper at St. Louis.

Prince George, Canada

#253925 Sep 7, 2013
And this Protestant (who thumped the same bible as did the Catholics, also lusted to make his own religion universal.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

Prince George, Canada

#253926 Sep 7, 2013
Note that when the pope vilified Judaism ...(within the realm of theology)... he was vilify the religion Jesus would have practiced had Jesus been real.
>>>>>>> >>

Shall I foster that damnable doctrine, that Socinianism, and Calvinism, and Anglicanism, and Judaism are not every one of them mortal sins like murder and adultery?

Prince George, Canada

#253927 Sep 7, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you answer my question? Why should we follow Miriam Simos' blather when we have yours? Perfectly reasonable question
I suggest that you shouldn't have a need to follow either one of us.

Is that a perfectly reasonable answer?
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253928 Sep 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you shouldn't have a need to follow either one of us.
Is that a perfectly reasonable answer?
I wonder why you follow Simos' blather when you obviously have ALL the answers? I see I've offended you. A "good Christian" would have been equally offended that they weren't taken seriously. Not much difference between you:-)

Prince George, Canada

#253929 Sep 8, 2013
Unless checking for old posts, I will not visit this thread again.

For those who want to converse, please visit on the only thread where I am (at this time) posting.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T1PA7UI1A...
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253930 Sep 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have created a watered down version of some morphed religion that has no connection to REAL Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
Never heard that creed until I came on here. It isn't something taught in the faith and I don't believe anybody subscribes to it.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253931 Sep 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Aren't WE pathetic!!!
:
You "judge" that most of humanity will spend eternity in hell for not believing in Jesus ... and I "judge" that you are an overbearing bible thumper.
:)
Do you ever get anything right. So far I haven't seen it.
Bullio

Mooresville, NC

#253932 Sep 8, 2013
Hiya

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 16 min zef 5,662
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 309,758
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 18 hr Pete-o 7,409
News Mississippi Could Soon Shut Down Its Only Abort... (Apr '14) 20 hr Spotted Girl 16
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) May 3 iknowhatidid 27
News Pro Life March In Washington Sees Gains And Set... May 3 Noelle Lorraine 2
News Is This the End of One of the World's Harshest ... (Nov '13) Apr 30 elegantswan 2
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Apr 19 CJC93 1,418
More from around the web