Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“With Attitude”

Since: Jan 12

#256335 Jan 17, 2016
What the Catholic Church says about not being sexist, but only following the bible about women can't be bishops, is total bull. If it was only about bishops when why does the Catholic Church have official sub-organizations that are men-only, women banned from being members? Such as the Catholic Knights of Columbus {its a nationwide}.

Then there's also things such as this ~~

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cQ2xhpZfenk/S87-UmC...

The above is different than the below in what way?

https://muhajabat.files.wordpress.com/2012/01...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#256336 Feb 6, 2016
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said the Catholics were the only anti-gay religion, but we're on a thread about the freaking Catholic church, so that's what I'm talking about... make sense? JESUS!
<quoted text>
Gays vary as much as anyone else in areas of being "modern, intelligent. enlightened and informed." Their beliefs vary as much as anyone else also. Gays do not all have the same personality, intelligence level, or religious beliefs, or "lifestyle"
Where on earth did you get the idea that they have all the same rights? You are sadly mistaken.
What makes you think being gay is a "lifestyle?" It would be really easy for you to pin it down if you could just pretend that all gays are exactly the same and that being gay is some kind of "lifestyle" that you can pigeon-hole all gays into. You are not informed, ma'am, you parrot conservative BS phrases and buzzwords. Propaganda designed to MIS-inform and deceive, not educate and enlighten.
You wanna know what difference it makes? Contrary to ignorant beliefs that being gay is a choice, or some kind of lifestyle, it isn't. Sometimes kids know at a fairly young age that they are different from most others in certain ways. They may not understand exactly what that is right away, but they are beginning to process certain feelings.
When adults teach them that being gay is all these bad things, such as sick, unnatural, evil, perverted, deviant, sinful, etc. etc... kids will often internalize this stuff... Some end up engaging in very destructive and self-destructive behaviors. They feel hopeless because they feel like the world hates who they are and they know they cannot change. Some believe they CAN change, and many try, but all fail in the end, and often harming OTHER lives in trying to be "straight." Many end up suicidal.
THAT"S what difference it makes! It's not just about my personal belief that being gay is not sinful, or that there is no such thing as hell. Billions of other people on this planet have different beliefs from me. Many of them are gay. Many of them are children, and many of them BELIEVE it when adults teach them that homosexuality is something that if they don't change and repent for it, they DESERVE to be PUNISHED FOREVER! They BELIEVE that asinine crap!
I believe that's nonsense, but I'm not every gay person... certainly not an impressionable kid. These kids suffer needlessly because of ignorant hateful beliefs about gay people. How freaking clueless must you be to have to ask what does it matter? Your thinking must be incredibly narrow to not understand why it matters that people are still being taught this barbaric nonsense and ruining people's lives, innocent lives, for no good reason.
It is further demonstrated how much homosexuality is detested, when every day, politicians and religious idiots are constantly saying a bunch of hateful garbage about gays. Words like gay and queer are still used as cruel taunts and generic derogatory terms. People are still bullied, beaten and murdered for being gay.
What does it matter, indeed.
Jesus might ask you to walk a mile in the shoes of a gay child who believes his family, friends and GOD will not accept him because he's gay. THEN you will understand why it matters.
Have the homosexuals not acquired every right that the government can give them? It seems to me that they have total acceptance as children of God. We have "gay pride" celebrated everywhere, doesn't that help the gay child be proud too. If it doesn't then there might be another problem that comes from within.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#256337 Feb 6, 2016
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the homosexuals not acquired every right that the government can give them? It seems to me that they have total acceptance as children of God. We have "gay pride" celebrated everywhere, doesn't that help the gay child be proud too. If it doesn't then there might be another problem that comes from within.
Not believing in same sex relationships is not evil. What's evil is how some people who don't belive in it goes about not believing in it. If children hear their parents talking bad about those who are gay, then they will learn that behavior and bully their gay peers in school. It seems that when a child is growing up what their peers and classmates think are very important. So the government can give all the rights they want, but it's the peers some gay children have to deal with every day. Also some straight kids can be very mean and not just say words but do some actions as well(ex. Brandon killing Larry in 8th grade). I am straight(for those who don't know me, as I haven't posted in a while), and also I'm not a parent because I can't be, so I'm not speaking from experience.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#256338 Feb 8, 2016
ISIS is adding to their body counts of murdered gays and women; the Catholic Church offers sanctuary against ISIS. Believing marriage is one man and one woman doesn't mean harming gays and women.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#256340 Feb 12, 2016
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Have the homosexuals not acquired every right that the government can give them?
Nope. While there has been much progress made with LGBT rights, a lot of inequality and discrimination still exists. Equality neither begins or ends with marriage rights.
Ink wrote:
It seems to me that they have total acceptance as children of God.
I don't know what that means, but it sounds awfully naive. There is no such thing as "total acceptance." But then, there is no such thing as "children of god" either.
Ink wrote:
We have "gay pride" celebrated everywhere, doesn't that help the gay child be proud too. If it doesn't then there might be another problem that comes from within.
I'm probably the wrong person to ask about Pride events, as I've never been to one... but I believe the general idea is not about being proud about one's sexual orientation, but proud of being oneself, and not ashamed to be openly who you really are.

But Pride events are once a year and are mostly attended by GLBT people, and people who already support them. In everyday life, in school, in the workplace, in society... gay people are still bullied, denied access, discriminated against, etc. This can certainly effect the self-esteem of many GLBT people of all ages.

Hatred and prejudice can be harmful to anyone of any age, but children can be especially vulnerable. And children are especially vulnerable to their parents and close family. When a GLBT person doesn't feel good about themselves, it isn't a "problem that comes from within." It's a problem that comes from outside influences that are ignorant and bigoted.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256341 Feb 12, 2016
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not believing in same sex relationships is not evil. What's evil is how some people who don't belive in it goes about not believing in it. If children hear their parents talking bad about those who are gay, then they will learn that behavior and bully their gay peers in school. It seems that when a child is growing up what their peers and classmates think are very important. So the government can give all the rights they want, but it's the peers some gay children have to deal with every day. Also some straight kids can be very mean and not just say words but do some actions as well(ex. Brandon killing Larry in 8th grade). I am straight(for those who don't know me, as I haven't posted in a while), and also I'm not a parent because I can't be, so I'm not speaking from experience.
For the most part, I agree. Children can be strongly affected by the behavior of their peers, but even more so by their own parents and other respected adults, such as teachers or clergy. Either way, it can be devastating for a kid who is gay or bi or questioning to be exposed to anti-gay attitudes and behavior.

Some of them may actually believe what they hear others say, like gays are sick and/or evil people, and god wants them punished for eternity. Or gays don't deserve to get married, or I can refuse to hire gays, or rent housing or do business with them. This isn't so good for their self-esteem and can lead to suicide or other destructive behavior, because they actually BELIEVE the hateful nonsense they hear and are taught.

Some people are SO messed up by the internalized shame and self-loathing they feel for being gay, they may devote their entire lives to being anti-gay until they are caught toe-tapping in public restrooms or sending inappropriate texts to interns, or hiring a rent boy to help carry their luggage and give them "special massages" while spending a ton of taxpayers money on a super anti-gay campaign of hatred and ignorance and taking a nice European vacation.

But even the one's who DON'T believe they are bad or wrong for being gay still have to deal with those who ARE bigoted, and it can be a constant and draining fight.

"Not believing in same sex relationships is not evil."

No, it's not evil. It's just plain stupid.

What does "not believing in same sex relationships" even mean? You don't believe they exist? Or you don't believe them to be as valid as relationships between people who happen to be of different genders? Or perhaps you believe some modern interpretation of some ancient superstition that claims that a "god" arbitrarily has a big problem with people who happen to have the same kind of reproductive organs being intimate with each other?

No one has to "believe" in a relationship except the people IN them. It is no one else's business. If someone says they "don't believe in" let's say... MY relationship with another man... what does that mean? Does that relationship cease to exist because some ignorant moron says they don't believe in it?

Location hidden

#256342 Feb 14, 2016
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part, I agree. Children can be strongly affected by the behavior of their peers, but even more so by their own parents and other respected adults, such as teachers or clergy. Either way, it can be devastating for a kid who is gay or bi or questioning to be exposed to anti-gay attitudes and behavior.
Some of them may actually believe what they hear others say, like gays are sick and/or evil people, and god wants them punished for eternity. Or gays don't deserve to get married, or I can refuse to hire gays, or rent housing or do business with them. This isn't so good for their self-esteem and can lead to suicide or other destructive behavior, because they actually BELIEVE the hateful nonsense they hear and are taught.
Some people are SO messed up by the internalized shame and self-loathing they feel for being gay, they may devote their entire lives to being anti-gay until they are caught toe-tapping in public restrooms or sending inappropriate texts to interns, or hiring a rent boy to help carry their luggage and give them "special massages" while spending a ton of taxpayers money on a super anti-gay campaign of hatred and ignorance and taking a nice European vacation.
But even the one's who DON'T believe they are bad or wrong for being gay still have to deal with those who ARE bigoted, and it can be a constant and draining fight.
"Not believing in same sex relationships is not evil."
No, it's not evil. It's just plain stupid.
What does "not believing in same sex relationships" even mean? You don't believe they exist? Or you don't believe them to be as valid as relationships between people who happen to be of different genders? Or perhaps you believe some modern interpretation of some ancient superstition that claims that a "god" arbitrarily has a big problem with people who happen to have the same kind of reproductive organs being intimate with each other?
No one has to "believe" in a relationship except the people IN them. It is no one else's business. If someone says they "don't believe in" let's say... MY relationship with another man... what does that mean? Does that relationship cease to exist because some ignorant moron says they don't believe in it?
I've posted here before Tre, and you're anything but stupid. You know what I, myself, mean when I say what I said about same sex relationships. I believe God sees it as a sin. We have different beliefs. What I don't understand is why many people who are gay see people like me as ignorant morons, or bigots(meaning having hatred) but some people like me don't see you and other gay people, unless they show hate ,as being bigoted. I just see it as different beliefs. But whatever.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256343 Feb 16, 2016
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted here before Tre, and you're anything but stupid. You know what I, myself, mean when I say what I said about same sex relationships. I believe God sees it as a sin. We have different beliefs. What I don't understand is why many people who are gay see people like me as ignorant morons, or bigots(meaning having hatred) but some people like me don't see you and other gay people, unless they show hate ,as being bigoted. I just see it as different beliefs. But whatever.
Yes. You are one of many people who believe that your god has a problem with people being gay... you don't want to just admit that it is YOU who has the problem with it, so you blame it on your god of ancient superstition.

I'm sorry, but I think it IS ignorant to believe that a god arbitrarily has a problem with people who happen to have the same stuff between their legs being intimate with each other. Especially since that god allegedly created us all and knows everything before it happens.

And when you teach children that you believe this god thinks being gay is a sin, and sin is something bad that we should try to avoid, we are teaching children that gay people are fundamentally bad.

Oh, but if they remain celibate they're fine... or if they repent for their "sins" they will be okay. But be intimate with someone you are actually attracted to, and you're NOT sorry for it.... BAM! GO TO HELL FOR ETERNITY! What a great thing to teach people of any age. Complete and utter ignorant, bigoted, hateful NONSENSE.

Even if you try to be like the pope and tell people to treat gays with kindness and dignity, as long as you're still calling it sinful, you're being anything but kind... and pushing the belief that unrepentant homosexuals will suffer eternal torture cannot possibly have even a SPECK of dignity.

You may see it as "just different beliefs," but I can't help but see it as ignorant and bigoted, because those beliefs perpetuate ignorance and hatred based on someone's ignorant interpretation of ancient myths. Quite far from what Jesus tried to teach people, and he never said anything about gays.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#256344 Feb 16, 2016
ISIS kills women and gays, the Catholic Church offers sanctuary to women and gays. Understand the difference?
Gay in LA

Arroyo Grande, CA

#256345 Feb 18, 2016
Hardly! LOL! The RCC highschools breeds gays! The RCC has tons go molesting gay priests and coaches!

Cardinal Mahony is gay!
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Winter Park, FL

#256346 Feb 19, 2016
OPEN THE VATICAN BORDERS.... HYPOCRITES!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#256347 Feb 19, 2016
Catholic Values are NOT Protestant Values.

Location hidden

#256348 Feb 20, 2016
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Catholic Values are NOT Protestant Values.
There's another thread dealing with the differences between Catholicism and Protestantism. You may want to post there or you'll be called an "ignorant moron" too, and I wouldn't be the one calling you that, but take a guess who on this thread would be.

Location hidden

#256349 Feb 20, 2016
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You are one of many people who believe that your god has a problem with people being gay... you don't want to just admit that it is YOU who has the problem with it, so you blame it on your god of ancient superstition.
I'm sorry, but I think it IS ignorant to believe that a god arbitrarily has a problem with people who happen to have the same stuff between their legs being intimate with each other. Especially since that god allegedly created us all and knows everything before it happens.
And when you teach children that you believe this god thinks being gay is a sin, and sin is something bad that we should try to avoid, we are teaching children that gay people are fundamentally bad.
Oh, but if they remain celibate they're fine... or if they repent for their "sins" they will be okay. But be intimate with someone you are actually attracted to, and you're NOT sorry for it.... BAM! GO TO HELL FOR ETERNITY! What a great thing to teach people of any age. Complete and utter ignorant, bigoted, hateful NONSENSE.
Even if you try to be like the pope and tell people to treat gays with kindness and dignity, as long as you're still calling it sinful, you're being anything but kind... and pushing the belief that unrepentant homosexuals will suffer eternal torture cannot possibly have even a SPECK of dignity.
You may see it as "just different beliefs," but I can't help but see it as ignorant and bigoted, because those beliefs perpetuate ignorance and hatred based on someone's ignorant interpretation of ancient myths. Quite far from what Jesus tried to teach people, and he never said anything about gays.
So you never answered the other part of my post. Why do many gay people see those of us with different beliefs as hateful bigots, but many of us don't see gay people as hateful bigots. I guess it's because we've grown up and we've learned that not everyone believes the same thing. I don't see Ellen DeGeneris calling straight people who don't believe in same sex relationships hateful-just those who deserve to be called hateful, and SHE doesn't even do that!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#256350 Feb 20, 2016
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
There's another thread dealing with the differences between Catholicism and Protestantism. You may want to post there or you'll be called an "ignorant moron" too, and I wouldn't be the one calling you that, but take a guess who on this thread would be.
The Roman Catholic Church's official policy, as always, has been to OPPRESS THE RIGHTS OF GOD-FEARING PROTESTANTS in matters of civil law and other areas. we call this policy "Evil. PURE EVIL." Do you dispute this ?!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#256351 Feb 20, 2016
Jesus was a Lutheran, remember !

“=”

Appleton WI

#256352 Feb 20, 2016
Brian_G wrote:
ISIS kills women and gays, the Catholic Church offers sanctuary to women and gays. Understand the difference?
ISIS kills anyone who doesn't agree with their extreme ideologies. They are a terrorist group. They are not the topic of this thread.

You do not succeed in your lame attempt to make the RCC look like the good guys by making an asinine comparison to ISIS. It's just dumb, so knock it off.

The Catholic Church forbids women from serving in many important positions in the church hierarchy. The church supports policies that take away women's rights to make their own reproductive choices and have autonomy and sovereignty over their own bodies. In general, the church respects women LESS than it respects men. It is archaic, sexist, and misogynist.

The church teaches that gays who are not celibate and/or repentant will burn in a lake of fire for eternity. But if they do this with a soothing tone of voice, they call it being kind, "offering sanctuary," and treating them with dignity. It is the ultimate hypocrisy.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256353 Feb 20, 2016
Gay in LA wrote:
Hardly! LOL! The RCC highschools breeds gays! The RCC has tons go molesting gay priests and coaches!
Cardinal Mahony is gay!
Gays are not "bred."

And please do not confuse child molesters and sexual predators with gay people.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256354 Feb 20, 2016
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
So you never answered the other part of my post. Why do many gay people see those of us with different beliefs as hateful bigots, but many of us don't see gay people as hateful bigots. I guess it's because we've grown up and we've learned that not everyone believes the same thing. I don't see Ellen DeGeneris calling straight people who don't believe in same sex relationships hateful-just those who deserve to be called hateful, and SHE doesn't even do that!
Actually, I did address that. It apparently just went over your head though. I'll try to state it more simply.

it's not just that you have different beliefs. That would be a ridiculous over-generalization. That implies that all gay people have the same beliefs. They don't.

It is that the beliefs themselves are that gay people are fundamentally bad and morally inferior. I'm sorry if you can't understand how that is viewed as hateful and bigoted. Most bigots do not think they are bigoted. They often deny their prejudice and blame it on a deity of an ancient superstition.

Ellen DeGeneres is a comedian and TV star, and a smart one. She's not going to kill the popularity of her show by making it all about her sexuality and hateful bigots. Her show is about fun and is rarely going to get too deep into something serious and potentially controversial. I'm not sure why you bring up Ellen. Although I do like her show, she is just one of many many famous people who happen to be gay. What she personally thinks about hateful bigots is not something she's likely to discuss on television.

Me? I'm not Ellen, and I'm not famous. I'm on a discussion forum, not a tv show. I have nothing to lose by speaking my mind.

You think YOU have "grown up and learned that not everyone believes the same thing." You're implying that my thinking that some people are hateful and bigoted is because I'm not grown up and don't understand that people have different beliefs... but you somehow ARE grown up and wiser than me because you are enlightened to these different beliefs people have. It's mind-blowing just how NOT grown up your thinking is.

If you were honest enough with yourself to, instead of questioning my perspective on bigotry, you really examine what your own beliefs are, you might realize why certain beliefs are seen as hateful and bigoted. it's not just because they are "different" from my beliefs. it's because the beliefs themselves are about seeing gay people as fundamentally bad. It is often accompanied by the ignorant beliefs that being gay is both a choice that one makes, and that it is harmful to others.

And Michelle, when I speak about ignorance and hatefulness, I'm not intending to direct that specifically at you. I don't have a personal beef with you, I'm speaking more generally. But the fact that you sometimes seem to take things I say personally, and become defensive, might suggest that deep down you may actually feel a little guilty. That is perhaps your heart having trouble reconciling with some of the beliefs you've been indoctrinated with. But you always choose to trust what you've been taught over your own gut instincts trying to tell you that it's wrong. Maybe.

On the other hand, maybe you're right. Maybe it is me who needs to grow up and realize that your beliefs are superior to mine, and that my being non-heterosexual makes me an inferior human being and I deserve to have the whole world see me that way... all because the people who think "God" has a problem with people of the same gender being intimate with each other, must have the "correct" belief. I'm actually the ignorant hateful one for choosing not to believe this obvious truth and having the unmitigated gall to stand up for LGBT people when I should be supporting more "Christian" ideals. like judging other people based on their sexuality. Obviously *I'M* the one who needs to grow up here.

Location hidden

#256355 Feb 21, 2016
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>

And Michelle, when I speak about ignorance and hatefulness, I'm not intending to direct that specifically at you. I don't have a personal beef with you, I'm speaking more generally. But the fact that you sometimes seem to take things I say personally, and become defensive, might suggest that deep down you may actually feel a little guilty. That is perhaps your heart having trouble reconciling with some of the beliefs you've been indoctrinated with. But you always choose to trust what you've been taught over your own gut instincts trying to tell you that it's wrong. Maybe.
On the other hand, maybe you're right. Maybe it is me who needs to grow up and realize that your beliefs are superior to mine, and that my being non-heterosexual makes me an inferior human being and I deserve to have the whole world see me that way... all because the people who think "God" has a problem with people of the same gender being intimate with each other, must have the "correct" belief. I'm actually the ignorant hateful one for choosing not to believe this obvious truth and having the unmitigated gall to stand up for LGBT people when I should be supporting more "Christian" ideals. like judging other people based on their sexuality. Obviously *I'M* the one who needs to grow up here.
Thomas, I'm sorry I always get so defensive and take things personally. I've always been like that, even with people I know and no matter what the topic is and it's just not on the internet that I'm that way on. And I in no way think people who are gay are inferior. I believe God loves us all the same and I think you were brought up Catholic, so you probably learned that if you were the only person on earth, Jesus would have died for your salvation, and I believe that with each person who is gay. God loves them no less than He loves straight people, and He would die for each person who is gay if they were the only person on earth, just like He would with straight people. Just whatever our differences are, I don't want to be seen like those in the Westboro Baptist Church. I would never do what they do or believe how they do, and I believe they have to answer to God for their hatefulness unless they change.
Thomas, I don't have anything personal against you either. And going back to being defensive, perhaps you are right or maybe you're not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge blocks Texas cutting Medicaid to Planned ... 4 hr Hitler Alt-Leftis... 37
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr ThomasA 313,386
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) 17 hr cpeter1313 1,489
News Woman had 15 abortions over 17 years (Oct '09) 19 hr Jordan nicolee 2
News More than 1,000 girls under 15 every year are h... (Jul '11) 19 hr Jordan nicolee 2
Albama abortion 19 hr Jordan nicolee 2
My girlfriend wants an abortion And I dont (Apr '11) 19 hr Jordan 57
More from around the web