Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216673 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#256301 Aug 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think this is the view of only the Catholic Church? Look around the world.
Never said the Catholics were the only anti-gay religion, but we're on a thread about the freaking Catholic church, so that's what I'm talking about... make sense? JESUS!
Ink wrote:
What does it matter anyway? Aren't the gays modern, intelligent, enlightened and informed enough to not believe any of it? They have all the rights of anyone else so it's time to get on with their lives and stop whining because not everyone sees the lifestyle the same.
Gays vary as much as anyone else in areas of being "modern, intelligent. enlightened and informed." Their beliefs vary as much as anyone else also. Gays do not all have the same personality, intelligence level, or religious beliefs, or "lifestyle"

Where on earth did you get the idea that they have all the same rights? You are sadly mistaken.

What makes you think being gay is a "lifestyle?" It would be really easy for you to pin it down if you could just pretend that all gays are exactly the same and that being gay is some kind of "lifestyle" that you can pigeon-hole all gays into. You are not informed, ma'am, you parrot conservative BS phrases and buzzwords. Propaganda designed to MIS-inform and deceive, not educate and enlighten.

You wanna know what difference it makes? Contrary to ignorant beliefs that being gay is a choice, or some kind of lifestyle, it isn't. Sometimes kids know at a fairly young age that they are different from most others in certain ways. They may not understand exactly what that is right away, but they are beginning to process certain feelings.

When adults teach them that being gay is all these bad things, such as sick, unnatural, evil, perverted, deviant, sinful, etc. etc... kids will often internalize this stuff... Some end up engaging in very destructive and self-destructive behaviors. They feel hopeless because they feel like the world hates who they are and they know they cannot change. Some believe they CAN change, and many try, but all fail in the end, and often harming OTHER lives in trying to be "straight." Many end up suicidal.

THAT"S what difference it makes! It's not just about my personal belief that being gay is not sinful, or that there is no such thing as hell. Billions of other people on this planet have different beliefs from me. Many of them are gay. Many of them are children, and many of them BELIEVE it when adults teach them that homosexuality is something that if they don't change and repent for it, they DESERVE to be PUNISHED FOREVER! They BELIEVE that asinine crap!

I believe that's nonsense, but I'm not every gay person... certainly not an impressionable kid. These kids suffer needlessly because of ignorant hateful beliefs about gay people. How freaking clueless must you be to have to ask what does it matter? Your thinking must be incredibly narrow to not understand why it matters that people are still being taught this barbaric nonsense and ruining people's lives, innocent lives, for no good reason.

It is further demonstrated how much homosexuality is detested, when every day, politicians and religious idiots are constantly saying a bunch of hateful garbage about gays. Words like gay and queer are still used as cruel taunts and generic derogatory terms. People are still bullied, beaten and murdered for being gay.

What does it matter, indeed.

Jesus might ask you to walk a mile in the shoes of a gay child who believes his family, friends and GOD will not accept him because he's gay. THEN you will understand why it matters.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256302 Aug 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get over yourself and ease off on the pontificating. You want 'me' to allow a woman to choose. What the hell do I have to do with it? Isn't it legal to kill the unborn child? Last I heard, it was.
Yes I think it is wrong to kill your child. That opinion is never going to change and more people are finding it disgusting as they become aware that it isn't 'just a blob of cells' as their are told, but a real human being growing inside. That said, it's legal, have at it.
Why are you wasting so much time and anger on an already settled issue? What do you do in life besides worrying about gays and abortion, all of which is legal. Have you run out of causes? I hope so.
I'm on a discussion forum discussing issues. This is far from the entirety of my existence. Outside of this forum, I spend very little time thinking about abortion at all. Although I did receive an amusing email from a friend today about something Marco Rubio said on the topic.

But how naive can you be?

Ask any conservative if the issue is settled. It is still an issue in every conservative political campaign.

Ask a woman who doesn't have access to legal, clean, well-staffed facility because congressmen and governors draft and pass laws that are designed to close them down. So maybe they seek out available, but far less safe or ideal alternatives, to the legal and safe facilities that have been shut down.

IRL, I don't have much to say about abortion, but it get's brought up on this thread every so often, and just as others give their opinions, so do I. I'm happy to discuss something else related to the topic. If you're done talking about abortion, fine with me.

However, before I finish I want to make one thing clear about what being pro-choice is about for me.

I do NOT advocate abortion. I do not advocate FOR abortion. I certainly do NOT advocate "child murder." I do not tell pregnant women, "it's legal, have at it."

I advocate for CHOICE.

I NEVER encourage anyone to make a particular choice. I NEVER tell anyone that abortion is a good thing and all women should have them.

I advocate that a woman should be the ONLY person to decide how to deal with her pregnancy. If she CHOOSES to solicit advice, help or opinions from anyone else, that is her CHOICE.

I though you said Sherlayne's post was good, but you don't seem to understand or get the same message from it as I did. Her post was really about humility, I think. Humility and wisdom.
ffj

East Meadow, NY

#256303 Aug 21, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No one thinks a woman should be pregnant against their will and I have never said any such thing. As I said, I understand why a woman in many instances wouldn't want to have a child. I don't judge those women for making the decision to abort. In fact I don't have to deal with it in anyway since I didn't make that decision. The fact is that no matter what the good reason is, it is still the killing of another human being and I believe that is wrong. We all have to have feelings about right and wrong. It is what our own moral code is. Abortion is 'on demand' and it doesn't matter what the circumstance. All unborn babies are fair game.
I respect your right to think that the unborn are disposible. Respect my right to think that they aren't.
"As I said, I understand why a woman in many instances wouldn't want to have a child. I don't judge those women for making the decision to abort."

Then why were you asking, on topix no less, how a "believer" can have an abortion? Never mind that you labeled them and their actions as "evil" Now you post this rubbish above, saying you don't judge!? You're not as innocent as you wish. Really, you're just a hypocritical little scunt and nothing more. Let us know when you can save face, kitty killer.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#256304 Aug 21, 2015
ffj wrote:
<quoted text>
"As I said, I understand why a woman in many instances wouldn't want to have a child. I don't judge those women for making the decision to abort."
Then why were you asking, on topix no less, how a "believer" can have an abortion? Never mind that you labeled them and their actions as "evil" Now you post this rubbish above, saying you don't judge!? You're not as innocent as you wish. Really, you're just a hypocritical little scunt and nothing more. Let us know when you can save face, kitty killer.
First, I owe you no explanation at all. If you could read you wouldn't need an explanation. Your problem is you can't separate the people from the act. The acts can always and should be judged by society. God can judge the people and their hearts and motives. Not my job.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#256305 Aug 21, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"I personally wouldn't support the choice to die for nothing but plenty of people commit suicide."
This is what I don't understand about you. You say "die for nothing", when a woman may be refusing the abortion because she feels it is immoral. Just like you, except she is willing to die for her faith, her principles, her morals. Suddenly the fetus is "nothing" to you?
" You are terminating the lives of those embryos. They could be donated."
And here again. You don't say, "You are terminating the lives of those [children].[Those children] could be donated."
Your entire Anti-Choice argument is that an embryo is a child, but apparently not under these circumstances?
" Some of those embryos have been and they are known as 'snowflake children.' That is a better outcome."
How do they go from "embryo" to "snowflake children"? Why don't you say they go from frozen child to snowflake child?
What faith asks her to die for it? The fetus would be a casualty but he is dead either way. He can die with her or die alone. I don't know of a religion that requires a woman to die because she is pregnant. When I said she would die for nothing I meant she would die and take her baby with her. No one lives. I doubt the child will survive in a dead body.

I feel these embryos shouldn't be created to be destroyed. They are also aborted pre born babies.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#256306 Aug 21, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a discussion forum discussing issues. This is far from the entirety of my existence. Outside of this forum, I spend very little time thinking about abortion at all. Although I did receive an amusing email from a friend today about something Marco Rubio said on the topic.
But how naive can you be?
Ask any conservative if the issue is settled. It is still an issue in every conservative political campaign.
Ask a woman who doesn't have access to legal, clean, well-staffed facility because congressmen and governors draft and pass laws that are designed to close them down. So maybe they seek out available, but far less safe or ideal alternatives, to the legal and safe facilities that have been shut down.
IRL, I don't have much to say about abortion, but it get's brought up on this thread every so often, and just as others give their opinions, so do I. I'm happy to discuss something else related to the topic. If you're done talking about abortion, fine with me.
However, before I finish I want to make one thing clear about what being pro-choice is about for me.
I do NOT advocate abortion. I do not advocate FOR abortion. I certainly do NOT advocate "child murder." I do not tell pregnant women, "it's legal, have at it."
I advocate for CHOICE.
I NEVER encourage anyone to make a particular choice. I NEVER tell anyone that abortion is a good thing and all women should have them.
I advocate that a woman should be the ONLY person to decide how to deal with her pregnancy. If she CHOOSES to solicit advice, help or opinions from anyone else, that is her CHOICE.
I though you said Sherlayne's post was good, but you don't seem to understand or get the same message from it as I did. Her post was really about humility, I think. Humility and wisdom.
Yes I think she has the humility and wisdom to wonder if God does really know what He is doing and we shouldn't have the ego to decide who lives and who dies.
ffj

Brooklyn, NY

#256307 Aug 21, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I owe you no explanation at all. If you could read you wouldn't need an explanation. Your problem is you can't separate the people from the act. The acts can always and should be judged by society. God can judge the people and their hearts and motives. Not my job.
Hilarious that you pretend you're innocent. You've already judged people and their actions as evil, dimwit. Remember, you're no better than those you condemn, kitty killer.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#256308 Aug 21, 2015
ffj wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious that you pretend you're innocent. You've already judged people and their actions as evil, dimwit. Remember, you're no better than those you condemn, kitty killer.
Innocent of what, feces?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#256309 Aug 21, 2015
Investigate and charge the perps at Planned Parenthood®, open the books. Let's see how much they make off their illegal human organ trade.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#256310 Aug 23, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent of what, feces?
I am sorry you have selective memory and/or can't remember conversations you've had over the last month.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256311 Aug 23, 2015
feces for jesus wrote:
I am sorry you have selective memory and/or can't remember conversations you've had over the last month.
Having trouble keeping up your end of the conversation again?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#256312 Aug 23, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Having trouble keeping up your end of the conversation again?
Go back to supporting child molesters. You're a disgusting pig who said that children tempted the adults who raped and abused them.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256313 Aug 23, 2015
feces for jesus wrote:
Go back to supporting child molesters. You're a disgusting pig who said that children tempted the adults who raped and abused them.
^^^Feces lies because the facts aren't on his side. I use citations to back up my claims, feces uses lies.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#256314 Aug 24, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
^^^Feces lies because the facts aren't on his side. I use citations to back up my claims, feces uses lies.
The facts are not on your side, Brian. You are a bald faced liar.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256315 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 5:25 PM EDT

ISLAMIC STATE CLAIMS TO KILL 30 FOR SODOMY, UN MEETING TOLD
BY EDITH M. LEDERER
ASSOCIATED PRESS

UNITED NATIONS (AP)-- The Islamic State extremist group has claimed responsibility for killing at least 30 people for sodomy, the head of an international gay rights organization said Monday at the first-ever U.N. Security Council meeting spotlighting violence and discrimination against lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgender people....
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/UN...

“=”

Appleton WI

#256316 Aug 26, 2015
Topic of thread: Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Link to accompanying article: http://mithras.blogs.com/blog/2007/10/catholi...

Date of original posting: Oct 30, 2007

This thread has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Islamic State.

Nothing.

Those who wish to discuss ISIS should look for threads that are actually about that subject.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256317 Aug 27, 2015
ISIS is at war with women and gays, the Catholic Church is on our side.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#256318 Aug 30, 2015
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you hang on every word on a dumb internet tread. Probably you twisted something I said, so I wouldn't remember it anyway.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#256319 Aug 30, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you hang on every word on a dumb internet tread. Probably you twisted something I said, so I wouldn't remember it anyway.
Sorry you can't remember what you've said. Your judgements and hypocrisy are all on this thread for the world to read, kitty killer.

Since: Dec 15

Providence, UT

#256321 Jan 13, 2016

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr John-K 314,357
News Oklahoma House Declares Abortion 'Murder' May 23 bohart 7
Abortition Pros & Cons - What do you think May 23 Uncle Joe 2
News Woman had 15 abortions over 17 years (Oct '09) May 23 Uncle Joe 3
News Feminist icon Gloria Steinem adored, reviled in... May 22 They cannot kill ... 8
News Abortion clinic case summons a separate issue :... (Apr '07) May 22 silly rabbit 161
News Planned Parenthood to close 4 Iowa clinics afte... May 21 Lawrence Wolf 29
More from around the web