Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
214,161 - 214,180 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Betty White would not agree.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

OPTIMIST

There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist, except an old optimist.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

OPTIMIST

Optimist: person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness.

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Who would have been there to contridict a man created in a god's image, when even the god allowed the man the freedom to be a sinning fool?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

ORIGINALITY

What a good thing Adam had--when he said a good thing, he knew nobody had said it before.
- Mark Twain's Notebook

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

contradict

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

We don't have to ask how terrible heteosexuals would feel if they were taught that for being heterosexual a god believed them to be full of the evil of a devil.

And to this day, those such as Fred Phelps believes he is preaching how to be as holy as is he!

The idiocy of such religion can't be explained with words. It's not possible!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

OXYGEN

I am going to get a chemist--a real genius--and get him to extract all the oxygen out of the atmosphere for eight minutes. Then we will have universal peace, and it will be permanent.
- Speech at the Twentieth Century club in Boston, Nov. 4, 1905. Reported in Chicago Daily Tribune, Nov. 5, 1905, p. l. "Mark Twain Talks Peace."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

If those who considered to make the death penalty a law had pondered for even one moment that they could also end up being subjected to the law, it is my guess that there would be no such law as a death penalty.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The first person executed with the electric chair was William Kemmler, a New Yorker who murdered his wife in 1889. He was electrocuted the following year in Auburn Prison, now the Auburn Correctional Facility, in Auburn, New York. The execution did not go as smoothly as had been planned. Kemmler was not killed on the first try, and was breathing in agony. On the second try, he began bleeding and his body reportedly caught on fire. This new method did not get rave reviews. Entrepreneur George Westinghouse, a rival of Thomas Edison's who supported the use of alternating current for electrical systems, stated that they "would have done better using an axe."

http://kurtshistoricsites.com/Alfred_P.html

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

PAST

For the majority of us, the past is a regret, the future an experiment
- Mark Twain and I, Opie Read

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

PEACE

Peace by persuasion has a pleasant sound, but I think we should not be able to work it. We should have to tame the human race first, and history seems to show that that cannot be done.
- Letter to William T. Stead, 1/9/1899

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Check out how many in religion agree with the death penalty, and you will know that they do not have empathy OR forgiveness in their hearts even though the words spew often from their mouths.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

If those in religion thought they were being kind by putting people to death ... maybe they would insist on doing away with the death penalty.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

POETRY

I have thought many times since that if poets when they get discouraged would blow their brains out, they could write very much better when they got well.
- Speech, Liverpool, 7/10/1907

Mark Twain
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
POETRY
I have thought many times since that if poets when they get discouraged would blow their brains out, they could write very much better when they got well.
- Speech, Liverpool, 7/10/1907
Mark Twain
Now who's insulting the gays? Not I.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Now who's insulting the gays? Not I.
I haven't known any gay poets, but I'm sure there are more than we know ... as many men and women who are gay pretend they are heterosexual, until they become brave enough to be comfortable with their homosexual orientation.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

PRAYER

If you beseech a blessing upon yourself, beware! lest without intent you invoke a curse upon a neighbor at the same time.
- "The War Prayer"

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

PREACHER

Preachers are always pleasant company when they are off duty.
- Letter to San Francisco Alta California, written April 30, 1867; published June 10, 1867

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

PRIDE

Human pride is not worthwhile; there is always something lying in wait to take the wind out of it.
- Following the Equator

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

PRINCIPLES

We all live in the protection of certain cowardices which we call our principles.

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

PROFANITY

The idea that no gentleman ever swears is all wrong. He can swear and still be a gentleman if he does it in a nice and benevolent and affectionate way.
- Private and Public Morals speech, 1906

Mark Twain

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't known any gay poets, but I'm sure there are more than we know ... as many men and women who are gay pretend they are heterosexual, until they become brave enough to be comfortable with their homosexual orientation.
:)
I wonder why the almighty RCC has never said a negative word about Michelangelo? Not that I want them to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••