Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,706)

Showing posts 214,101 - 214,120 of219,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood...to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel...And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"--with his mouth.
- What Is Man?
Mark Twain
Now June, you know it takes a very loving God Who demands you take your child and kill him to prove your love to the Deity - then sends an angel to yell "Stop! This is only a test!"

How can you not love a god like that? Honestly June, sometimes I think you're not crazy about religion. But I'll tell you this much, if you're nominated to be the next pope (or popette), I'll be at that conclave and I'll vote for you!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Ah...de'm ol' muddy water blues.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Now June, you know it takes a very loving God Who demands you take your child and kill him to prove your love to the Deity - then sends an angel to yell "Stop! This is only a test!"
How can you not love a god like that? Honestly June, sometimes I think you're not crazy about religion. But I'll tell you this much, if you're nominated to be the next pope (or popette), I'll be at that conclave and I'll vote for you!
From my perception all of the flamboyant stories made up by theologians are plain silly.

To get hopes up that if we believe such and such a way a god will give us bliss in an afterlife is about as silly as it gets.

I can just picture a god giving bliss to those who killed others to attain supposed martyrdom, and "mean"-while sending homosexuals to burn in hell for loving each other.

The idiocy of such beliefs should not pass mental inspections ... but they DO!

To be a popette would mean to support religion, and I don't ... so thanks for your vote of confidence, but I hope that people wake up and walk away from religion ... and stop giving their power of thought away to such nonsensical fantasies.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
June!!! Did you hear? THE BIRD IS THE WORD!!!
Thanks for that information Jumper. I'll try to keep that in mind.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I heard a good one yesterday. It was supposedly on television, so who knows who told lies to get some publicity. However, the story told to me goes as follows.

A man had a death experiences, and of course as usual while he was "gone" he felt euphoric and that he had been in a dimension other than his waking one. Anyway, his sister who was sitting with him claimed she heard him say that he was talking to deceased relatives including a grandmother. However, when the man returned to "life" he didn't remember having any conference with his deceased relatives.

And what made the story even less credible, is that those having the death experience don't talk about anything as they are busy being comatose.

My guess is, the sister added her own version to the story to make it more exciting and "believable."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

After promising obedience to a supposed god, the pope now promises obedience to another man!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Benedict promises obedience to new pope

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/02/28...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

The Muslims won't take THIS issue in a light manner.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Death Sentence for Bangladesh Islamist Sparks Fatal Clashes

The tribunalís first verdict since protesters began occupying a Dhaka square to demand capital punishment for the guilty was followed by clashes between activists of Jamaat and security forces, which the Daily Star newspaper reported left as many as 13 people dead, three of them policemen.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-28/bang...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Those who cling to religion seem to believe there has to be a purpose for life.

The concept that in an afterlife we deserve punishment or reward was created BY humans with over-active imaginations. The idea that by reincarnating again and again we become wise or holy through awareness of a divine purpose was also created by humans with over-active imaginations.

If we don't choose on purpose to get over ourselves as the reason the universe exists, we will continue on the same old path of teaching children that their main purpose in life is to fight over whose religious dogmas are based on truth and whose are based on lies, when just maybe they are all based on lies, and the continual shedding of blood caused by religion has been all for naught.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I agree that people have the right to "feel at home" in their own bodies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

U.S. college fraternity raises money for member's partial sex change

The campaign has raised more than $17,000, and the fraternity plans to donate additional funds to the Jim Collins Foundation, a group that provides financial assistance for transgender surgeries.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/28/us-...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

MYSTERY

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and life stands explained.
- Notebook, 1898

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

MYSTERY

Some things you can't find out; but you will never know you can't by guessing and supposing; no, you have to be patient and go on experimenting until you find out that you can't find out. And it is delightful to have it that way, it makes the world so interesting. If there wasn't anything to find out, it would be dull. Even trying to find out and not finding out is just as interesting as trying to find out and finding out, and I don't know but more so.
- Eve's Diary

Mark Twain
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I agree that people have the right to "feel at home" in their own bodies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
U.S. college fraternity raises money for member's partial sex change
The campaign has raised more than $17,000, and the fraternity plans to donate additional funds to the Jim Collins Foundation, a group that provides financial assistance for transgender surgeries.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/28/us-...
I like them protests where these dog ugly women are holding up signs 'Our bodies are our own'.
Must be true.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

If it seems too good to be true, there will always be those who will believe it is true.

Author unknown

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I like them protests where these dog ugly women are holding up signs 'Our bodies are our own'.
Must be true.

NOW NOW Jumper ... I suggest you keep in mind that what is ugly from your perception could be drop-dead gorgeous from another man's perception.

After all ... even squid love their own.

“Harmony”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Those who cling to religion seem to believe there has to be a purpose for life.
The concept that in an afterlife we deserve punishment or reward was created BY humans with over-active imaginations. The idea that by reincarnating again and again we become wise or holy through awareness of a divine purpose was also created by humans with over-active imaginations.
If we don't choose on purpose to get over ourselves as the reason the universe exists, we will continue on the same old path of teaching children that their main purpose in life is to fight over whose religious dogmas are based on truth and whose are based on lies, when just maybe they are all based on lies, and the continual shedding of blood caused by religion has been all for naught.
June, I have been reading several religious forums here on Topix for weeks now. Finally I am taking part.
I just wanted to say I agree with you completely. As humans we are so selfish and self righteous to think,'it's all about us'.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

To continue with the story of the man who had the death experience and supposedly spoke to his sister, saying that he "talked" about conversing with deceased relatives during the death experience ... it makes no sense ... as during that time when he was having the death experience, the physicians would be doing everything in their power to bring the man back to a state of consciousness ... and if they heard him talking, they would KNOW he was indeed conscious and at least parially aware of his surroundings.

It's quite the story anyway and no-doubt many who wanted to believe it, didn't ask the pertinent questions that would shatter their euphoric imaginings of seeing their own deceased loved ones in a supposed hereafter.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I suggest you question why an all-knowing creator would create a plan being fully aware that in future it would be necessary to again and again send saviors to try to rescue "souls" who are lost.

Why wouldn't the imperfect creator just admit that his plan had failed; turn off the energy to all life forces, and start again ... this "time" with a "perfect" plan where not even one tiny bit of suffering is involved?

If you ask the pertinent questions, you will come to conclude that from day one concerning religion, the theologians pulled the wool over eyes, again, and again, and again.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

TaoEarp wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I have been reading several religious forums here on Topix for weeks now. Finally I am taking part.
I just wanted to say I agree with you completely. As humans we are so selfish and self righteous to think,'it's all about us'.
Regardless of your point of view, welcome to the forum.

We are the worst of all beasts at manipulation, but we are all we have, so we best try to accept that we are part of the mess, and that way we will stop fantasizing about some ridiculous utopia in a hereafter and deal with issues on earth.

Those who see "evil" in others are simply pointing outward, and are never to be trusted with any semblance of common sense.

The clean-up starts at home, and it should be on-going. Chances are, what I find disgusting about others is what is already alive and unwell in me.

However, I believe if I try my best to be kind, that is the only wholeness I can hope to attain, and that thought of being whole without any imaginary god taking up room in my psyche, brings me peace of mind.

I've learned that if my conscience is clear, and my health cooperates, I sleep well at night, and I wish the same for others.

Because of selfishness, I often fall short of my own expectations, but I keep trying. What else can I do but try?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Some people believe that those who are cruel or lost or whatever will reap some sort of terrible punishment in a hereafter.

Just as I don't believe in reward after death, I don't believe in punishment.

It is more probable that suffering and joy is just part of a natural process that has no influence from outside sources.

Some dogs are fortunate and are pampered all their lives ... while other dogs are brutalized and have horrible lives of suffering. It's the same with cats and other animals.

From my perspective, humans with a conscience will suffer enough by the pangs of guilt inflicted on self, and those without conscience are already akin to the walking dead.

We do ourselves a grave injustice by clinging to religious nonsense that leads us down paths of utter ignorance.

I refuse to worry about punishment or reward in an afterlife. It's a silly waste of time and energy.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

People expect serial killers to feel sorry after they kill.

How silly is THAT?

If they had active consciences, they wouldn't BE killing in the first place.

My guess is, they either were born with an inability to feel guilt, or they were brutalized emotionally and/or physically to the point where they lashed out at others and felt no remorse, as their intent was and is to "get even." with what life put upon them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

To say that a person is evil is an eradication of having to think about it.

Author unknown

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 214,101 - 214,120 of219,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••