Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249478 Mar 8, 2013
TRAVEL

It liberates the vandal to travel--you never saw a bigoted, opinionated, stubborn, narrow-minded, self-conceited, almighty mean man in your life but he had stuck in one place since he was born and thought God made the world and dyspepsia and bile for his especial comfort and satisfaction.
- The American Abroad speech, 1868

Mark Twain

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249479 Mar 8, 2013
TRUTH

A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself as a liar.
- Mark Twain and I, Opie Read

Vanderhoof, Canada

#249480 Mar 8, 2013
VANITY

There are no grades of vanity, there are only grades of ability in concealing it.
- Notebook, 1898

Mark Twain
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249481 Mar 8, 2013
Murder in the Abbey

Chapter 5.

Brother Jhonnes's portly body hung lifelesly from the rafters of the stable.
After all the confusion when June and the rest of the dinner party had discoverd the grusome sight,the local sheriff was called and he arrived seveal minutes later to take charge of the situation.

"A clear case of suicide.Sheriff Malcom Whithers said as he assesed the scene and wrote in his notebook.This is a first one we had in years around here."

"I should imagen your next step will be to examine the body." June Vandermark said as she stepped next to him.

"Oh yes,yes ofcourse! Sherff Whithers replied.Let's cut him down from there."

After they had laid him out on the ground,Dr.Mason one of the dinner guests nelt down next to the body to have a look.

"I'd say he's been dead about 2 hours.Give or take."

"He must have desided to do it just after sunset." The sherff added.

"Odd..."June mutterd to herself.

"What do you mean?" Whithers asked.

"It's just a strange time of the eveing to do such a thing before saying eveing prayers after following such a ritual for many year as Brother Jhonnes did.Not even in the face of such a death."

"Well he might have been out of his mind and did it in a rush." Dr.Mason said.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249482 Mar 8, 2013
"And I'm sure you noticed the scrape marks on the support beams June replied.Very strange that that such a large man would position the rope in that manner sliding it across the beam in position with such force." She said.

"Well,when he stood up,he most likely was to short to reach the beam so he had to toss the rope up and slide it toward him." The sheriff grunted.

"Yes June replied again.But what did he stand on? The closest bail of hay is several feet away."

"Well,we'll figure that out later,but for now no one can leave the proporty until we clear this matter up." The sheriff said.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249483 Mar 8, 2013
Coming this Spring 2013
The Vandermark files.'Murder in The Abbey'
Only here on Topix!
The Oracle

UK

#249484 Mar 9, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
June! I have to check in just to see if you're still alive! You are! Happy to see you're safe here at your home. LMAO! Friggin nut job.

LMAO too! Does she ever stop for breath? And what a load of drivvel.

Prince George, Canada

#249485 Mar 9, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO too! Does she ever stop for breath? And what a load of drivvel.
It's nice that you are here ... reading the drivel.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#249486 Mar 9, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
"And I'm sure you noticed the scrape marks on the support beams June replied.Very strange that that such a large man would position the rope in that manner sliding it across the beam in position with such force." She said.
"Well,when he stood up,he most likely was to short to reach the beam so he had to toss the rope up and slide it toward him." The sheriff grunted.
"Yes June replied again.But what did he stand on? The closest bail of hay is several feet away."
"Well,we'll figure that out later,but for now no one can leave the proporty until we clear this matter up." The sheriff said.
The End.

Prince George, Canada

#249487 Mar 9, 2013
Why would Catholics want a liberal pope, when for centuries they pleased the god in the sky by burning heretics and witches for their own and the god's "entertainment?"

And note that there is not one mention in the article concerning the new pope and gay rights.

Religion is all about humans yearning to please their own whims ... period!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

North American Catholics want a liberal pope

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/...

Prince George, Canada

#249488 Mar 9, 2013
Many Catholics were comfortable with pope John because he had a more liberal "opinion" on issues than did pope Benedict.

These Catholics don't question the idea that the opinions of popes that change the dogmas should put up red flags in their minds that either the god is a change-able lunatic, or the popes are making the rules on their own.

The idiocy after centuries of idiocy continues on its path as the devout believers sleep the long hypnotic sleep and dream their dreams of salvation.

Prince George, Canada

#249489 Mar 9, 2013
"Mom, why does the bible only have the word holy written on it's cover when there is so much about the god ordering that people must be stoned to death? Doesn't that mean that God is evil."

Mother freaks out ... "OH MY GOODNESS, you naughty child. Get down on your knees and pray to the almighty for mercy. You don't EVER EVER question god's purposes!"

Child is now crying ... "Sorry mom, I won't do that again. Dear God, PLEASE forgive me."

Prince George, Canada

#249490 Mar 9, 2013
A woman who is very selfish in wanting all issues to go her way, uses the idea that if there is no penalty after death such as hell, she can do whatever she pleases on earth without fear of being punished in a hereafter.

It is human nature, to swing the personalized beliefs to suit selfish needs.

It's comparable to the staunch Catholic of earlier times who was worried at his approaching death that "GOD" would be displeased with him for not killing enough heretics.

Those who don't believe in a hereafter can be as selfish as those who do believe in a hereafter ... but it doesn't mean that one is more selfish than the other. After all ... killing innocent humans as heretics to assure that a god would be pleased, is nothing of which to be proud.

Human beasts are ignorant and selfish ... so it follows that the beliefs won't be able to rise above the state of ignorance and selfishness.

Prince George, Canada

#249491 Mar 9, 2013
Even today there are people who believe that a god wants homosexuals put to death. And these devout believers are not small in numbers either. That is how ridiculous people can be when they are certain they know truth.

Concerning religion, that word truth is and always has been a danger to humanity. Truth-seeking is different than truth-knowing. But religion more often than not teaches people the ridiculous idea that they KNOW truth.

What a tragedy religion has been to humanity!!!

Prince George, Canada

#249492 Mar 9, 2013
And here is another case of blatant stupidity. Supposed intelligent men arguing whether the god ordains that they do or don't eat locusts.

Superstition is NOT super.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Invasion of locusts has Israel’s rabbis asking one question: Are these things kosher?

Some rabbis say only those Jewish communities that have a tradition of eating locusts, such as the Yemenite Jews, are permitted to consume them according to Jewish law. But other rabbis say that in the book of Leviticus four types of kosher locusts — red, yellow, spotted gray and white — are listed as kosher.

“They are kosher — the Bible classes them as kosher and the Talmud says they’re kosher,” says Rabbi Ari Zivotofsky, a scientist at Bar Ilan University and an expert on exotic animals.“The only issue is that Jews from eastern and northern Europe have not seen them in over 1000 years and don’t have the knowledge on how to distinguish which are kosher.”

In Israel, the swarms of locusts – the most seen since 2005, have not been welcomed by farmers who fear extensive crop damage.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/08/invas...
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#249493 Mar 9, 2013
It seemes another case is solved thanks to June Vandermark!

'DO do do da do do da!'

Prince George, Canada

#249494 Mar 9, 2013
God wasn't satisfied with those "he" created in his own invisible image, so he created Adam in the flesh knowing he would be a sinner. Then God entertained himself watching one sinner after another sinner sin so that the god could punish sinners FOR their sin.

Stupid people and their stupid superstitions.

Prince George, Canada

#249495 Mar 9, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
It seemes another case is solved thanks to June Vandermark!
'DO do do da do do da!'
Stupidity can't BE solved, as it is ongoing.

Prince George, Canada

#249496 Mar 9, 2013
A senior in her late eighties with an attitude of utter disgust often spewed out the words ... "What's WRONG WITH PEOPLE???"

As her earlier comments were focused on her perspective of the messed-up lives concerning her neighbors, it was plain that she always meant "What's wrong with OTHER people."

She didn't perceive that her harsh judgment of others was a problem whatsoever ... but, at least she didn't USE the word sinner when she pointed at others ... and that part of the issue was refreshing.

Prince George, Canada

#249497 Mar 9, 2013
VERB

I had noticed, in other foreign languages, that verbs are bred in families, and that the members of each family have certain features or resemblances that are common to that family and distinguish it from the other families--the other kin, the cousins and what not. I have noticed that this family-mark is not usually the nose or the hair, so to speak, but the tail--the Termination,--and that these tails are quite definitely differentiated; insomuch that an expert can tell a Pluperfect from a Subjunctive by its tail as easily and as certainly as a cowboy can tell a cow from a horse by the like process, the result of observation and culture. I should explain that I am speaking of legitimate verbs, those verbs which in the slang of the grammar are called Regular. There are others--I am not meaning to conceal this; others called Irregulars, born out of wedlock, of unknown and uninteresting parentage, and naturally destitute of family resemblances, as regards all features, tails included. But of these pathetic outcasts I have nothing to say.
- "Italian with Grammar"

Mark Twain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Spir... 21 min Liam R 25
Woman Conceived in Rape Condemns Obamacare's Ra... 46 min Liam R 18
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr -Michelle- 306,600
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Wed chief big gun 1,344
Do u think 15 year old girls should get pregnant (Apr '08) Nov 25 superwilly 176
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Nov 25 zef 5,492
Jessa Duggar Compares Abortion to the Holocaust... Nov 24 Liam R 52

Abortion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE