Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217521 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252254 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, and that is why I don't believe in a deity that mistreats some followers and not others.
You believe that your supposed salvation should give you the royal treatment and that others should get rejected or worse yet burned in hell for being evil.
I don't perceive that you are any more special than am I, or that we are more special than any other animal on planet earth.
What would happen to this country if society didn't punish lawbreakers?

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#252255 May 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What would happen to this country if society didn't punish lawbreakers?
There would be chaos. That is why we have laws on earth for unruly humans ... those in religion included.

But the theology that a deity created Adam and Eve, knowing they would be sinners, and then the deity has to punish humans ever after for sinning is a very silly concept in deed.

School children could have made up a more believable fantasy than that if given a chance at "the drawing board."
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252256 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There would be chaos. That is why we have laws on earth for unruly humans ... those in religion included.
But the theology that a deity created Adam and Eve, knowing they would be sinners, and then the deity has to punish humans ever after for sinning is a very silly concept in deed.
School children could have made up a more believable fantasy than that if given a chance at "the drawing board."
He doesn't punish for sinning. He is very forgiving.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252257 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the deal June? I tune in every morning for my hot bowl of 'It's JuneVanderMark Show' but you have been slacking off lately.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252258 May 7, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>What's the deal June? I tune in every morning for my hot bowl of 'It's JuneVanderMark Show' but you have been slacking off lately.
Maybe she is tired of her own rhetoric.

Williams Lake, Canada

#252259 May 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't punish for sinning. He is very forgiving.
You really are silly.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your own Christian dogma, burning in the flames of hell is the punishment.

Ink’s response

That is probably true for truly evil people who hurt others without remorse or care.

Williams Lake, Canada

#252260 May 7, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>What's the deal June? I tune in every morning for my hot bowl of 'It's JuneVanderMark Show' but you have been slacking off lately.
I'm busy on another thread.

Now that I'm not here hogging this thread, I thought you could keep it going strong, but you don't seem to care.

:)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252261 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are silly.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your own Christian dogma, burning in the flames of hell is the punishment.
Ink’s response
That is probably true for truly evil people who hurt others without remorse or care.
Jesus spent his time on earth preaching about God's love and forgiveness. As far as a firey hell, I am not sure. It is probably a place of death and darkness for folks who reject God and his goodness.

Williams Lake, Canada

#252262 May 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spent his time on earth preaching about God's love and forgiveness. As far as a firey hell, I am not sure. It is probably a place of death and darkness for folks who reject God and his goodness.
If you would humble yourself somewhat, you wouldn't be sure of anything concerned with mysteries.

Keep in mind that if you had been raised as to believe as do some Muslims, you would not believe that Jesus is your savior. You would believe that when the 12th Imam comes to earth, he will have Jesus with him, and Jesus will have converted to Islam from whence all source of salvation comes.

Jesus would take second-place to the Muslim 12th Imam.

Your belief is special to you because that is how you were raised to believe ... but you might be way off the mark of truth for all YOU KNOW.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252263 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would humble yourself somewhat, you wouldn't be sure of anything concerned with mysteries.
Keep in mind that if you had been raised as to believe as do some Muslims, you would not believe that Jesus is your savior. You would believe that when the 12th Imam comes to earth, he will have Jesus with him, and Jesus will have converted to Islam from whence all source of salvation comes.
Jesus would take second-place to the Muslim 12th Imam.
Your belief is special to you because that is how you were raised to believe ... but you might be way off the mark of truth for all YOU KNOW.
I have thought about that. I have put more thought into what I believe and why I believe it than you could imagine.

I don't find Islam to be fair or merciful and I believe in a fair and merciful God. Jesus showed us the way only we didn't listen very well.

Williams Lake, Canada

#252264 May 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thought about that. I have put more thought into what I believe and why I believe it than you could imagine.
I don't find Islam to be fair or merciful and I believe in a fair and merciful God. Jesus showed us the way only we didn't listen very well.
Christianity teaches that those who don't believe in Jesus won't be saved. Some believe the rejects will wander forever lost and others believe the rejects deserve to burn in hell.

That means that all children that are not Christian and are raised in other religions will be rejected by the god that you claim loves all.

I'm going to ignore your posts now, as I believe you will go on and on in your never-ending web of fantasy, and I don't intend to try to follow you.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#252265 May 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that why we are here? to help our fellow man anytime we can possibly do so?? I can't speak for others but i try to.
jethro8 - You ask why we're here? You'll have to ask the Pope that, since he's the only one who knows all the answers. However, I share your philosophy :)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252266 May 8, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how have you been? Well I hope:-)
Not that well actually, but hangin in there. Hope you're doing better than I am. At least the weather's finally reasonable here.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252267 May 8, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Who you calling a vegatable?
Nobody. Can you read? I don't even know what a 'vegatable' is.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252268 May 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think this god understands the difference between "rejecting" him and simply not believing he/she/it exists?

Can a person help what they happen to believe or not believe?

Can a person really FORCE themselves to believe something they just don't believe?

Does this god love and forgive those who can't help but NOT believe in him, or do they DESERVE a "place of death and darkness?"
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252269 May 8, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that well actually, but hangin in there. Hope you're doing better than I am. At least the weather's finally reasonable here.
Me neither. Unexpected health problems to cope with but no worse than anyone else has to deal with. Weather is unseasonable cool in this neck of the woods.
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252270 May 8, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think this god understands the difference between "rejecting" him and simply not believing he/she/it exists?
Can a person help what they happen to believe or not believe?
Can a person really FORCE themselves to believe something they just don't believe?
Does this god love and forgive those who can't help but NOT believe in him, or do they DESERVE a "place of death and darkness?"
I wonder why "god" would demand groveling. Demanding to be worshiped seems a human need to make a human feel better about themselves. Rather an "ungodly" reaction to pitch a helpless being into hell because they didn't do all the worshiping rituals right just because you could. Bullying in fact.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252271 May 8, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Me neither. Unexpected health problems to cope with but no worse than anyone else has to deal with. Weather is unseasonable cool in this neck of the woods.
Here the weather seems to try to average itself out by going between below normal to above normal, but not spending much time AT normal, lol.

Health problems... yes. Especially fun when you have no income and no insurance. Perhaps some nice conservative person would like to help put me out of my misery so I am no longer a burden on society. I hear Mitt Romney's got some time and resources available ;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#252272 May 8, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why "god" would demand groveling. Demanding to be worshiped seems a human need to make a human feel better about themselves. Rather an "ungodly" reaction to pitch a helpless being into hell because they didn't do all the worshiping rituals right just because you could. Bullying in fact.
Well, when you put it that way, it sounds like a bratty, shallow, self-centered teenage mean girl (but still somehow popular because she's so pretty and rich, which further bloats her ego) is in charge of things.

Disclaimer:
Please don't take my description of god as a bratty girl as sexist. I acknowledge boys can be shallow and self-centered too. ;)
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252273 May 8, 2013
Attention everyone!

I have it on good athority that our June has wonderd off the reservation.

We must find her before the all the posters fall into her web,and turn our topix forum into a wasteland of ignorance.

We'll all split up and search and meet back here later.

Don't try to take her in alone.Let the rest of us know where she is and we'll work together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After setback, abortion foes keep pressing Cong... 20 min BHM5267 5
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 55 min cpeter1313 313,706
News Felony charges for two Californians who secretl... 5 hr BHM5267 11
News David Daleiden, Sandra Merritt charged in filmi... 13 hr Cordwainer Trout 13
News Oklahoma Republican defends pregnancy from rape... Mar 26 07 Mustang 7
News Chief Judge Martinez to retire, requiring new j... Mar 26 Mimi Crist 5
News Oklahoma Rep. George Faught Says Rape And Inces... Mar 25 sewagerunsdownhill 1
More from around the web