Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217999 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251373 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry, I would never save my dog over your child.
How do you know? I'm pretty sure if you have occasion to see your dog and someone elses kid drowning together in a swimming pool, you're going to grab your dog on the way to that kid....especially if you don't know the kid. I can guarantee you if it was your KID and someone else's kid, it would be the same.

Your kid would come first.

You can say different, in service to making yourself 'look good' on an internet forum, but you don't know for sure until it actually happens.

My kids can swim, really really well...I made sure of it, because I'd trust them to save themselves, before I'd trust anyone but me to do it.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#251374 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry, I would never save my dog over your child.
Yet you would worship an image of a god that would destroy souls of those you DON'T value, while you pretend to be ever so holy as to save a child over a dog.

Hypocrite!

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251375 Apr 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Ink didn't believe that abortion offended her "god," she wouldn't BE here promoting such ideas.
Her religion drives her to preach that abortion is "evil."
She won't shed her religion, so preaching against her perceived evils of abortion will continue ... on, and on, and on, and on.
It's "extremely" important to Ink that she pleases her image of a god.
I don't know why "God" would be offended by abortion. Miscarriages occur regularly to millions of women. Since no one is "murdering" these fetuses, it must be God's will. God performs abortions all the time, and he doesn't need a reason.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251376 Apr 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why people cry about suffering, when they believe that a creator that they worship as divine knew that suffering would be part and parcel of the plan, is beyond me.
I suggest you don't try to separate the suffering from your imagined "divine" plan.
If you keep it all intact in one package, then you would KNOW that the image of the creator that you believe LOVES the creation, if it existed would be a vile, mean monster that has nothing in common with kindness or mercy. NOTHING!!!
Nature is cruel, but not intentionally cruel.
Such study of religion ultimately made it easy for me to become an Atheist.
What makes you think nature isn't intentionally cruel. Just like some people are intentionally cruel. Letting someone's child die to save a pet is cruel.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251377 Apr 3, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know? I'm pretty sure if you have occasion to see your dog and someone elses kid drowning together in a swimming pool, you're going to grab your dog on the way to that kid....especially if you don't know the kid. I can guarantee you if it was your KID and someone else's kid, it would be the same.
Your kid would come first.
You can say different, in service to making yourself 'look good' on an internet forum, but you don't know for sure until it actually happens.
My kids can swim, really really well...I made sure of it, because I'd trust them to save themselves, before I'd trust anyone but me to do it.
Believe me I know that I wouldn't even have to think about it. It would be an automatic reaction to save the child.

It is probably my belief in God that makes it so clear to me.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251378 Apr 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you would worship an image of a god that would destroy souls of those you DON'T value, while you pretend to be ever so holy as to save a child over a dog.
Hypocrite!
God doesn't destroy souls.

“=”

Appleton WI

#251379 Apr 3, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"I never have believed you were telling the truth."
Of course you haven't, because if I wasn't in religion you wouldn't have that to throw at me and you woukd be left with nothing.
I guess I can understand your reluctance to announce your beliefs or lack thereof. Bitner admits to being Wiccan, and June literally spent YEARS bashing Wicca and Bitner... along with her bashing of ALL religions. Admittedly, I somewhat share her general contempt for religions, but I do not necessarily hold people who believe in them in contempt.

After all, I was raised Catholic and at one time "believed" in it because it was what I was taught, and trusted that my parents would not deliberately lie to me about the very nature of our existence. Then I grew up and began thinking for myself.

So, I guess it is better to put up with June nagging you to tell her, rather than tell her and have her spend every waking moment criticizing whatever it might be.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#251380 Apr 3, 2013
"Mommy! Daddy! Teacher says,every time you hear a bell an angel gets it's wings clipped by JuneVanderMark!"

"We're going to have to take her out of that dammed school Mary."

“=”

Appleton WI

#251381 Apr 3, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
AND, another stupid question.
Are those really my only two choices?
The comparison is not apt, Sue. No clinic is necessary, and safety is not likely to be a consideration for the person who doesn't want to still be alive when it's all said and done. You're accomplishing nothing but to make yourself look extremely foolish.
My thoughts exactly. Nice to see you, Bitner.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251382 Apr 3, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I can understand your reluctance to announce your beliefs or lack thereof. Bitner admits to being Wiccan, and June literally spent YEARS bashing Wicca and Bitner... along with her bashing of ALL religions. Admittedly, I somewhat share her general contempt for religions, but I do not necessarily hold people who believe in them in contempt.
After all, I was raised Catholic and at one time "believed" in it because it was what I was taught, and trusted that my parents would not deliberately lie to me about the very nature of our existence. Then I grew up and began thinking for myself.
So, I guess it is better to put up with June nagging you to tell her, rather than tell her and have her spend every waking moment criticizing whatever it might be.
Are you an atheist now?

Quesnel, Canada

#251383 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think nature isn't intentionally cruel.
In order to BE cruel, nature would have to be driven by a creator with a thought process that intentionally put suffering in the creator's plan.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#251384 Apr 3, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly. Nice to see you, Bitner.
Very nice to see you, too :) You were missed.

“=”

Appleton WI

#251385 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an atheist now?
I guess I'd consider myself agnostic, leaning toward atheist.

Quesnel, Canada

#251386 Apr 3, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
"Mommy! Daddy! Teacher says,every time you hear a bell an angel gets it's wings clipped by JuneVanderMark!"
"We're going to have to take her out of that dammed school Mary."
I suggest you find me an angel and THEN I'll clip her wings.

:)

Just because angels exist in your imagination, doesn't mean that they exist.

I can imagine that I am a movie star, but that doesn't mean that I rub shoulders with Meryl Streep in real-life.

Quesnel, Canada

#251387 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an atheist now?
Why is it that the word Christian gets a capital C, and from your perspective Atheist only warrants a small c???

Is that because your god doesn't approve of Atheists, or is it that YOU don't approve of Atheists?

Quesnel, Canada

#251388 Apr 3, 2013
Womb fury

In the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, medical researchers used the presence of the hymen, or lack thereof, as founding evidence of physical diseases such as "womb-fury" (hysteria). If not cured, womb-fury would, according to these early doctors, result in death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymen#Womb_fury
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251389 Apr 3, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'd consider myself agnostic, leaning toward atheist.
Meaning that until someone can prove God, there isn't one.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#251390 Apr 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to BE cruel, nature would have to be driven by a creator with a thought process that intentionally put suffering in the creator's plan.
And how do you explain cruel people?

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251391 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think nature isn't intentionally cruel. Just like some people are intentionally cruel. Letting someone's child die to save a pet is cruel.
Just by the way???

You originally asked which one I would save FIRST. Go back and check - it's just a couple of pages at the most.

I never said I'd just let your child die, or 'watch your child drown', nor that I wouldn't actively try to save your child...just that my dog would be

first.

Will you please attempt a conversation without hyperbole and placing words in someone else's mouth?

Quesnel, Canada

#251392 Apr 3, 2013
I believe that humans ARE beasts that are often far more cruel than any other animals that exist on planet earth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

“Man is neither angel nor beast; and the misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast.”

- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 41 min Susanm 311,634
News I stand outside abortion clinics, but I'm no pr... 4 hr Susanm 24
Effective Pills (Jun '14) Tue marco 4
News Democrats seek repeal of ban on federal funding... Aug 28 cpeter1313 138
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Aug 27 zef 6,011
News Anti-abortion group sues city, wants to move be... Aug 27 Susanm 4
News Planned Parenthood Trying to Rebrand Itself As ... Aug 27 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web