Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220348 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#248823 Feb 24, 2013
EARLY RISING

Well enough for old folks to rise early, because they have done so many mean things all their lives they can't sleep anyhow.
- Mark Twain's Notebook
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248824 Feb 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh ... so I've noticed! That's why you're so sad that I don't see the world through your most HOLY benevolent point of view.
You're just a bundle of good humor!
:)
I truly am.

Prince George, Canada

#248825 Feb 24, 2013
I can relate well to this one. Having an editor change words to make one's own meanings in an article morph into something unrecognizable, does not result in fond feelings toward the editor.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Editor

How often we recall, with regret, that Napoleon once shot at a magazine editor and missed him and killed a publisher. But we remember with charity, that his intentions were good.
- Letter to Henry Mills Alden, published in the Chicago Daily Tribune, November 11, 1906, pg. 3.

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248826 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly am.
That word "truly" has different meanings for you than it has for me.

Prince George, Canada

#248827 Feb 24, 2013
Editor

I hate editors, for they make me abandon a lot of perfectly good English words.
- Abroad with Mark Twain and Eugene Field, Fisher

Prince George, Canada

#248828 Feb 24, 2013
Editor

Nobody except he has tried it, knows what it is to be an editor. It is easy to scribble local rubbish, with the facts all before you; it is easy to clip sections from other papers; it is easy to string out a correspondence from any locality; but it is an unspeakable hardship to write editorials. Subjects are the trouble--the dreary lack of them, I mean. Every day it is drag, drag, drag--think, and worry and suffer--all the world is a dull blank, and yet the editorial columns must be filled. Only give the editor a subject, and his work is done--it is no trouble to write it up; but fancy how you would feel if you had to pump your brains dry every day in the week, fifty-two weeks in the year. It makes one low spirited simply to think of it. The matter that each editor of a daily paper in America writes in the course of a year would fill from four to eight bulky volumes like this book! Fancy what a library an editor's work would make, after twenty or thirty years' service. Yet people marvel that Dickens, Scott, Bulwer, Dumas, etc., have been able to produce so many books. If these authors had wrought as voluminously as newspaper editors do, the result would be something to marvel at, indeed. How editors can continue this tremendous labor, this exhausing consumption of brain fibre (for their work is creative, and not a mere mechanical laying-up of facts, like reporting), day after day and year after year, is incomprehensible. Preachers take two months' holiday in midsummer, for they find that to produce two sermons a week is wearing, in the long run. In truth it must be so, and is so; and therefore, how an editor can take from ten to twenty texts and build upon them from ten to twenty painstaking editorials a week and keep it up all the year round, is farther beyond comprehension than ever. Ever since I survived my week as editor, I have found at least one pleasure in any newspaper that comes to my hand; it is in admirng the long columns of editorial, and wondering to myself how in the mischief he did it!
- Roughing It

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248829 Feb 24, 2013
Equality

There are many humorous things in the world: among them the white man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages.
- Following the Equator

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248830 Feb 24, 2013
Evolution

It now seems plain to me that that theory ought to be vacated in favor of a new and truer one...the Descent of Man from the Higher Animals.
- "The Lowest Animal"

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248831 Feb 24, 2013
Experience

War talk by men who have been in a war is always interesting; whereas moon talk by a poet who has not been in the moon is likely to be dull.
- Life on the Mississippi

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248833 Feb 24, 2013
FREE WILL

Where are there are two desires in a man's heart he has no choice between the two but must obey the strongest, there being no such thing as free will in the composition of any human being that ever lived.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

Prince George, Canada

#248834 Feb 24, 2013
I relate to many of Mark Twain's opinions because he was not a pretentious ass as is the pope and Ink who are both certain they are "called" to speak for Jehovah ... even though they disagree on what Jehovah expects from his slaves.

Prince George, Canada

#248835 Feb 24, 2013
Freedom of Speech

Sometimes my feelings are so hot that I have to take to the pen and pour them out on paper to keep them from setting me afire inside; then all that ink and labor are wasted, becaue I can't print the result. I have just finished an article of this kind, and it satisfies me entirely. It does my weather-beaten soul good to read it, and admire the trouble it would make for me and the family. I will leave it behind, and utter it from the grave. There is free speech there, and no harm to the family.
- "The Privilege of the Grave," published in Who is Mark Twain?

Prince George, Canada

#248836 Feb 24, 2013
FUN

...a good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring.
- Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248837 Feb 24, 2013
FUTURE

As for myself, I have no difficulty in believing that our newspapers will by & by contain news, not 24 hours old from Jupiter et al- mainly astronomical corrections & weather indications; with now & then a sarcastic fling at the only true religion.
- Letter to W. D. Howells, 10/15/1881

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248838 Feb 24, 2013
GOD

...a God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
- No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248840 Feb 25, 2013
Around the cradle of the infant Hercules were found three snakes that had been strangled by the new-born baby. Just like Hercules, if a genuinely clear-minded progressive humanism is ever to rise from its cradle and make its full contribution to world history, it must first find the strength to dispatch three snakes God, immortality, and free will.

By Robert Gulack

http://ethicalfocus.org/free-will-the-last-gr...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248841 Feb 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
FREE WILL
Where are there are two desires in a man's heart he has no choice between the two but must obey the strongest, there being no such thing as free will in the composition of any human being that ever lived.
- Mark Twain in Eruption
Whichever desire you feed the most will be the stronger. You choose which one to feed.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#248842 Feb 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I relate to many of Mark Twain's opinions because he was not a pretentious ass as is the pope and Ink who are both certain they are "called" to speak for Jehovah ... even though they disagree on what Jehovah expects from his slaves.
Do you really think I am a pretentious ass?

Prince George, Canada

#248843 Feb 25, 2013
If accepted as truth, religious training does not allow free will within the "frame" work of its mental premises.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

A young woman became pregnant. She was forced to have unprotected sex and in turn she is persuaded by those around her to carry the fetus, because THEY (from their own religious indoctrination) are certain that a god "believes" abortion is murder, and that he will punish her if she doesn't carry the fetus to term.

So she believes her only "sensible" choice is to carry the fetus, as to have an abortion will automatically taint her "soul" and "spirit" with EVIL, resulting in dire punishment from the god.

Quite the free will ... HUH???

Prince George, Canada

#248844 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think I am a pretentious ass?
YES!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned Parenthood is not the key to womena s h... 3 hr huey goins 95
News Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to... 6 hr Cat74 81
News House Judiciary panel sets first Planned Parent... 6 hr californio 25
News Commentary: 4 reasons Hillary Clinton should ap... 6 hr Norbert of Norview 2
News Mississippi's Clarion-Ledger Promotes Blogger W... 6 hr Norbert of Norview 1
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 20 hr positronium 744
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed cpeter1313 310,234
More from around the web