Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219900 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#248916 Feb 26, 2013
These Christians are not on the forum for any other reason than to try to convert others to their own cults.

They start out feigning humility, pretence of holiness and kindness with their tricky use of words ... and when that fails, they fall back on insults ... which always was their under-lying nature.

I start out with insults, as it saves a lot time and cuts right to the chase.

Since I shed my own religious spells as being no more than indoctrinated illusive garbage ... I'm not on a forum for any other reason than to dis all religion ... period!

Prince George, Canada

#248917 Feb 26, 2013
I am not at all bitter at my parents and others for teaching me religion, as I realize they did their best. But that doesn't mean that their best concerning religion was based on truth. Not even close.

I cherish the memories of my beloved parents, and I miss their tenderness of how they loved me and were so kind to me ... but it's now up to me to make my own way and to not follow what I am certain was nonsense and nothing BUT nonsense!

Prince George, Canada

#248918 Feb 26, 2013
IGNORANCE

The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one's clothes.
- Mark Twain's Speeches, 1910 ed.

Prince George, Canada

#248919 Feb 26, 2013
IGNORANCE

His ignorance covered the whole earth like a blanket, and there was hardly a hole in it anywhere.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

...one should be gentle with the ignorant, for they are the chosen of God.
- Letter to W. D. Howells, 5/12/1899

Mark Twain

Nothing is so ignorant as a man's left hand, except a lady's watch.
- Following the Equator, Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248920 Feb 26, 2013
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Sinister (sin is ter)(Lat., on the left hand). Foreboding of ill; ill-omened.

Prince George, Canada

#248921 Feb 26, 2013
The moment the word evil was mentioned, those who believed in evil started searching for it, and as history proved ... they always found it in other people.

Prince George, Canada

#248922 Feb 26, 2013
IMAGINATION

You can find in a text whatever you bring, if you will stand between it and the mirror of your imagination. You may not see your ears, but they will be there.
- "A Fable"

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248923 Feb 26, 2013
When people were not searching for and finding evil in others, from the religious indoctrination, they often turned their search for evil on their selves.

It happened often to homosexuals who were bullied from their earliest memories to believe that being homosexual was EVIL.

What a shame that such nonsense still lingers in the minds of so many people who believe they were and are well educated!

What a sad statement for the word "education."

From my perspective the words evil and education are not at all compatible!

Prince George, Canada

#248924 Feb 26, 2013
Imitation

...any strange and much-talked-of event is always followed by imitation, the world being so well supplied with excitable people who only need a little stirring up to make them lose what is left of their heads and do mad things which they would not have thought of ordinarily.
- "The United States of Lyncherdom"

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248925 Feb 26, 2013
If the majority of people in the world had been left-handed, no doubt the right-handed ones would have been perceived as evil.

In the same VAIN, because most people of the world are heterosexual, homosexuals were and in many cases still are, perceived as evil.

In it's blood-lusted history, religion claimed many victims ... based on nothing but imaginative stupidity.

Prince George, Canada

#248926 Feb 26, 2013
IMMORALITY

There is Moral Sense, and there is an Immoral Sense. History shows us that the Moral Sense enables us to perceive morality and how to avoid it, and that the Immoral Sense enables up to perceive immorality and how to enjoy it.
- Follow the Equator

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248927 Feb 26, 2013
Some people are still convinced that the world is flat.

Flat Earth Society

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Socie...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

IMMORTALITY

On of the proofs of the immortality of the soul is that myriads have believed in it. They have also believed the world was flat.
- Notebook, 1900

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248928 Feb 26, 2013
Just because humans are emotional creatures, that doesn't mean that the emotions are driven by a soul or a spirit from outer space or elsewhere.

My guess is, the little cells that keep our brains alive also have feelings of some sort ... because when they stop functioning, they stop feeling any sensation, and in turn, our bodies will also lose the sensation of feeling. It is a natural chain of events ... known as cause and effect.

Those grandiose ideas of soul and spirit came from religion and religion came from imagination.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#248929 Feb 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If the majority of people in the world had been left-handed, no doubt the right-handed ones would have been perceived as evil.
In the same VAIN, because most people of the world are heterosexual, homosexuals were and in many cases still are, perceived as evil.
In it's blood-lusted history, religion claimed many victims ... based on nothing but imaginative stupidity.
"Gauche" applied to left-handed people; "adroit" to right. Certainly not fair.

Prince George, Canada

#248930 Feb 26, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gauche" applied to left-handed people; "adroit" to right. Certainly not fair.
Nothing in religion ever was fair ... except to the ones that created the dogmas for their own pleasures.

Even the new Jesus, who claims there is no more sin, no more devil, no more hell ... is not fair to the religion itself, as he changed the god of Christianity into a real nice guy, when the original Jehovah was a cruel S.O.B. in thought and deed.

Religion grew out of its original nutshell into new diversified nutshells that chances are better than not are no more based on truth than was the first instigated original nutshell created by ignorant ape-like humans with the intelligence of a door knob.

Prince George, Canada

#248931 Feb 26, 2013
INDECENCY

Each race determines for itself what indecencies are. Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them.
- Notebook, 1896

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248932 Feb 26, 2013
Animals in the wild must constantly make instant decisions, or they won't survive.

God, in his wisdom, wanted them to be chewed to death by other animals. Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

DECISIONS

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
- Innocents Abroad

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248933 Feb 26, 2013
INDIANS

The priest explained the mysteries of the faith "by signs," for the saving of the savages; thus compensating them with possible possessions in heaven for the certain ones on earth which they had just been robbed of. Nobody smiles at these colossal ironies.
- Life on the Mississippi

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248934 Feb 26, 2013
INFANT DAMNATION

Presbyterianism without infant damnation would be like the dog on the train that couldn't be identified because it had lost its tag.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

It has taken a weary long time to persuade American Presbyterians to give up infant damnation and try to bear it the best they can.
- "Is Shakespeare Dead?"

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#248935 Feb 26, 2013
INSTINCT

Now my idea of the meaningless term "instinct" is, that it is merely petrified thought; solidified and made inanimate by habit; thought which was once alive and awake but it become unconscious--walks in its sleep, so to speak.
- What Is Man?

Mark Twain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min Todd for Real 311,342
News Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion clini... 1 hr Full Circle Logic 21
News Mandatory Waiting Periods Are Making Abortions ... 4 hr Who Said 5
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 13 hr Retired SOF 153
News Milestones in legal fight over Texas abortion law 20 hr Cat74 2
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Mon Mtm 59
News Skagit County judge: Public hospitals must prov... Jun 25 GEF 1
More from around the web