Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
212,281 - 212,300 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Yesterday

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
God/nature made some people that way and just because your church doesn't understand why means it doesn't know God's reasons for everything. Don't question what God has made. Just accept it WITHOUT anger or hatred. Listen to God not your manmade church.
As you know from my posts I don't believe in the existence of any gods or goddesses, as I believe they were all created by human fantasy that amounts to fiction.

From my perspective there has to be a better explanation than religion, and almost any explanation "would" be better than religion.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

What a cunning move on the part of the republican to force women to carry their fetuses.

He probably is certain that "god" will give him brownie points when he arrives in heaven.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

New Mexico bill seeks to criminalize abortion after rape or incest because it constitutes ‘tampering with evidence’

A Republican state representative in New Mexico introduced a law on Wednesday that if successful, would require victims of rape and incest to carry their fetuses to term for the sake of preserving criminal evidence.

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime,” the bill reads.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/24/new-m...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Maybe the pope and these protestors should be forced to be impregnated and carry all the fetuses to term. The pope of course, being a man could be allowed a caesarian birth.

I wonder how they would like THAT put upon THEM?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Pope sends support to abortion protesters in Washington

Buses are shuttling in anti-abortion protesters from all over the country for the annual March for Life. Organizers predict many of them will be young people rallied by church groups and social media.

Pope Benedict sent them his encouragement by way his personal Twitter account,@pontifex : "I join all those marching for life from afar, and pray that political leaders will protect the unborn and promote a culture of life," he posted early Friday morning.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

cesarean

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I wonder how many of the women in these pro-life rallies have used the clinics for their own abortions?

My guess is, more than a few.

Hypocrites abound!!!

However, they do look flashy and important carrying those placards.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I remember reading about a women who was protesting at an abortion clinic, while her daughter admitted to having an abortion in another clinic on the same day ... unknown of course to her mother.

Many times on this thread women against legal abortion bragged about how their daughters would NEVER have an abortion.

Fools!!!

The daughters simply wouldn't tell their mothers.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Don't ever kid yourself ... these church people WANT you to feel guilty about having abortions.

It's all about them ... NOT you.

They are certain they are serving a god, as they perceive god's feelings are hurt by abortion.

After all, the religious-ones perceive that women are expected to receive the gift from the imaginary god of his presents (presence) in their wombs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Post Abortion Healing

Project Rachel

Project Rachel is a ministry of reconciliation and healing for people of all ages who are suffering distress from a past abortion experience.

Project Rachel was launched throughout southern Alberta in November 1998. It’s operating budget is primarily generated through fundraising and donations.

Professional counselling is offered to women, men, and family members who are looking for support while grieving the loss of their unborn child.

http://www.calgarydiocese.ca/life-a-family-re...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

The old pope couldn't stop women from having abortions, so he now relies on Project Rachel to supply more guilt to women AFTER abortions.

The object to Project Rachel, is ... "Come in and we will comfort you in your time of extreme guilt!"

Popes used to threaten women that had abortions with excommunication ... but that didn't work. Catholic women had and have high rates of abortions.

What tactics they will use next to ply women with guilt remains to be seen ... but theologians are cunning masters at their trade, so no doubt they will think of something new and fresh to slather guilt where without religion it would not exist.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Do you really believe the pope cares one whit if a Muslim or Hindu women aborts their fetuses???

I don't buy it for a moment ... unless of course he had a hope of converting the wee ones to Christianity, and ONLY then, to Catholicism!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

The pope is fully aware through Project Rachel that many Catholic women have abortions.

He knows that nothing so far has stopped Catholic women from having abortions. Yet his desire is to close all the clinics and make abortion illegal.

He's nothing BUT a male sanctimonious, self-ingratiating brute!!!

If abortion again becomes illegal, women will once again resort to barbaric methods such as Lysol, lye, knitting needles, coat hangers, etc., and that means nothing to him.

He needs baby-Catholics to become fodder for his earthly and imaginary heavenly kingdom.

From my perception, he's an ignorant, arrogant creature!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

As men have the power to impregnate women, it seems fair to me that women then have the power to decide for themselves if they want to, or don't want to carry on with the pregnancy.

If you keep religion out of the equation, it becomes just that simple.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Man ... "I just loaded you up with my precious sperm that with any luck will make a baby."

Woman ... "Thanks, but I'm not ready to have a baby, so I will rid my body of your sperm."

Man ... "How dare you insult me in such a manner?"

Woman ... "How dare you insult me by believing that I MUST appreciate your sperm, just because it's yours?"

You see ... if you leave religion out of the picture ... it give the woman a VOICE!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Many men tried to dictate what women must do concerning pregnancies ... so women had to figure out ways to outsmart the men.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“ABORTION IN AMERICA,” the origins and evolution of national policy, by James C. Mohr, comes the following.

One of the most forceful early statements of what subsequently became the feminist position on abortion was made in the 1850s in a volume entitled The Unwelcome Child. The author, Henry C. Wright, asserted that women alone had the right to say when they would become pregnant and blamed the tremendous outburst of abortion in America on selfish sensual husbands. Wright’s volume was more interesting than other similar tracts, however, because he publishes a large number of letters from women detailing the circumstances under which they had sought abortions.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Women were all too often taught that they were subservient to men (according to GOD of course)... so it followed that it was a man's right to have sex any time he sought it. This resulted in the following type of scenario.

Margaret was then a nurse in New York.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book … Margaret Sanger … an autobiography, comes the following.

On Saturday nights I have seen groups of from fifty to one hundred with their shawls over their heads waiting outside the office of a five-dollar abortionist.

Each time I returned to this district, which was becoming a recurrent nightmare, I used to hear that Mrs. Cohen "had been carried to a hospital, but had never come back," or that Mrs. Kelly "had sent the children to a neighbor and had put her head into the gas oven..” Day after day such tales were poured into my ears—a baby born dead, great relief—the death of an older child, sorrow but again relief of a sort—the story told a thousand times of death from abortion and children going to institutions. I shuddered with horror as I listened to the details and studied the reasons back of them—destitution linked with excessive childbearing. The waste of life seemed utterly senseless.
Economist

Grand Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The pope is fully aware through Project Rachel that many Catholic women have abortions.
He knows that nothing so far has stopped Catholic women from having abortions. Yet his desire is to close all the clinics and make abortion illegal.
He's nothing BUT a male sanctimonious, self-ingratiating brute!!!
If abortion again becomes illegal, women will once again resort to barbaric methods such as Lysol, lye, knitting needles, coat hangers, etc., and that means nothing to him.
He needs baby-Catholics to become fodder for his earthly and imaginary heavenly kingdom.
From my perception, he's an ignorant, arrogant creature!
June

Here is a book that puts the Question in Sharp Focus.
Why Tolerate Religion?
By BRIAN LEITER
Reviewed by Adam Kirsch

Several years ago, the Canadian Supreme Court heard a case involving a Sikh boy who wanted to be able to carry a ceremonial dagger, or kirpan, to school. Ordinarily, blades and weapons are banned from school grounds; but the court, recognizing that the kirpan is an important emblem of Sikh religious identity, ruled in favor of the boy.

The case raises in stark form the question that law professor Brian Leiter asks in the title of his new book, Why Tolerate Religion?(Princeton).

Imagine, Leiter writes, that the boy in question was not a Sikh but the product of a rural family, for whom carrying a knife was seen as a badge of manhood; imagine the knife had been handed down from father to son for generations. If that boy asked to carry his knife to school, not a court in Canada would have ruled in his favor.

Religion alone, Leiter observes, has the power to suspend the usual rules, in the name of toleration.

Is this just?

There are, of course, a number of rejoinders that immediately come to mind. A government should respect its citizens' consciences, since everyone finds it intolerable to have his or her most cherished beliefs interfered with.

free society benefits from a diversity of religious beliefs and traditions. Pragmatically speaking, it would be impossible to force all citizens to share the same religious beliefs.

All of these answers Leiter accepts at the outset, and then sets aside. He is not interested in whether it is wise, beneficial, or practical to interfere with religion, nor does he doubt that liberty of conscience is a cherished right.

Rather, his narrow focus in this long essay is whether there is a principled reason why a society should Tolerate Religion, even when the dominant group in that society disapproves of the religion in question and has the power to suppress it.

In the course of answering the question, Leiter covers a lot of philosophical and legal ground. He examines the thought of John Rawls and John Locke as it pertains to the question of religious toleration;

he offers a neutral definition of religion that emphasizes the way it makes categorical demands and resists ordinary standards of evidence; and he asks whether an established religion, such as the Church of England, is necessarily a form of intolerance.

Leiter is especially concerned with the French policy of laïcité, which bans all religious expression in the public sphere, and which came under heavy criticism when France prohibited Muslim girls from wearing headscarves in school.

Leiter criticizes that policy, arguing that there is a crucial difference between allowing citizens to identify themselves as members of a particular faith and using the state to advance that faith.

Even though every state, including the U.S., promotes what Leiter calls a "Vision of the Good," he insists that it "cannot…try to shut down private citizens who support a different Vision of the Good."

Finally, he arrives at the conclusion that there is NO good reason to favor religious conscience over other forms of conscience;

either you allow both the Sikh and the country boy to carry knives,

or you should prohibit both of them.

A central question in our multicultural world.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know from my posts I don't believe in the existence of any gods or goddesses, as I believe they were all created by human fantasy that amounts to fiction.
From my perspective there has to be a better explanation than religion, and almost any explanation "would" be better than religion.
I'm not saying you're wrong, June. I'm just "used to" believing in a deity of some sort. I fully realize I could be wrong. See - I WANT there to be a God. People (esp. on a religion forum) tend to believe what they want to.

By the way, your posts fascinate me! You are so much smarter than most here, although we do have some good, rational people :)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Here is a book that puts the Question in Sharp Focus.
Why Tolerate Religion?
The majority of people are in religion, but they never have and will never get along.

At the present time Islam is the worst threat of all religions, and as the Muslims multiply at high rates, the future indeed seems bleak!

They are overtaking many countries of the world, and by force fully intend to make the people of the world over into the religion of Islam ... as from their indoctrination they perceive it is the will of Allah, and Allah's will MUST be done.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I WANT there to be a God.
It is that very attitude that keeps religion going.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Britain Heading Inexorably Towards A Civil War With Islam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is that very attitude that keeps religion going.
Agreed. Guilty as charged.

But really, there COULD be some type of "god". I think the real truth is nobody knows. Religion has however done more harm than good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••