Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#243641 Dec 6, 2012
When people figure that some wonderful mysterious "guiding" source is available to hand out wisdom ... that attitude leaves thought vulnerable to scam artists galore.

Quacks referring to themselves as theologians, ministers, priests, Imams, rabbis, psychics, etc., suck money and devotion out of people that are weakened by such ideas.

Observe the giggling dalai lama and how many devotees he has world-wide. He offers ideas such as ... if science upgrades religion, it is best to change the religious thought to go with science.

If you are needy ... the quacks are waiting for you, your money and your devotion.

Many of these smooth-talkers have become very wealthy, selling books, paraphernalia and setting up speaking and teaching engagements for needy, mentally greedy humans ... desperate for "answers" to what "remains" mysteries.

Prince George, Canada

#243642 Dec 6, 2012
If you think that the bible in the motel or hotel was free ... you are wrong.

That was how they got you into the church.

If you think that those meals they serve to the poor are free, you are wrong.

The meals heal your body, while the religious-sermons captivate your thoughts.

You may overcome your alcohol, or drug addiction ... but you will then be addicted to religion.

And that was their AIM!

Prince George, Canada

#243643 Dec 6, 2012
The dalai lama appears to be a humble man. He was trained that way from childhood.

On one hand, he was taught that he is the incarnation of a previous dalai lama, who was enlightened to know what others simply don't know.

And on the other hand, he was taught to show humility and handle his vast wisdom with dignity.

Never be fooled that he is humble. He is indeed an arrogant man.

He takes well to the title "His Holiness!"

Prince George, Canada

#243644 Dec 6, 2012
Where there is religion, there is arrogance in its midst.

From my perspective, the height of arrogance can't be done up in a more "telling" package and wrapped with a ribbon of stupidity than occurred in the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Prince George, Canada

#243645 Dec 6, 2012
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

Prince George, Canada

#243646 Dec 6, 2012
What does the word religion mean to you???

My guess is, it has many meanings.

To me it means lies ... division among the countless cults ... death ... tortures yet untold and more to come ... arrogance in pretending to have solved mysteries ... mental and physical abuse put on children, as they grow up to hate their human natures and to hate those in other religious cults.

I could go on ... but you get the picture.

Some people claim that I hate religion. I don't hate ... period ... but I will ask you ... what is there to like about religion ... as a whole???

It's plain that you adore your own cults ... but I'm asking ... what is it you like about religion ... as a "whole" idea?

Prince George, Canada

#243647 Dec 6, 2012
From my perspective, one of the least arrogant humans of religion was Gandhi. He perceived that all people were equal. He wanted to do away with the vile cast system.

The dalai lama NEEDS the cast system. He is at the top of the system that serves him well. VERY well indeed.

If ONLY he could get back to RULE in Tibet, where he could live in luxury as does the pope.

Too bad for the suffering dalai lama and the pope.

Sarcasm intended!

Prince George, Canada

#243648 Dec 6, 2012
Keep in mind that the men of religion had ALL the power.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Women and Madness”… by Phyllis Chesler

Ada Metcalf (1876,) of Illinois, wrote:“It is very fashionable and easy thing now to make a person out to be insane. If a man tires of his wife, and if befooled after some other woman, it is not a very difficult matter to get her in an institution of this kind. Belladonna and chloroform will give her appearance of being crazy enough, and after the asylum doors have closed upon her, adieu to the beautiful world and home associations.”

Prince George, Canada

#243649 Dec 6, 2012
Women in America owe a great deal to the pioneers such as Ada Metcalf, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cody Stanton, Margaret Sanger and countless others.

Without them, women would be treated as they are in countries where Islam rules, and women have no rights whatsoever.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali was raised under that system. She is now an Atheist who risks her life every day to free her Muslim "sisters" from the dictating men that use their religion to insist that it is HOLY, while they brutalize the women held in bondage UNDER the system.

Religion is NOT good!

Prince George, Canada

#243650 Dec 6, 2012
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243651 Dec 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
http://www.westernshugdensocie ty.org/video/mystics-and-cold- warriors/
Easy for you to sit back and judge.

All you have to do is sit back and relax up north while we get wiped out.

Then you guys will kiss the hand of who ever takes over.

Well if the U.S. goes down,we're dragging your konook butts with us!

Prince George, Canada

#243652 Dec 6, 2012
If I was young and single, I would think nothing of marrying (for instance) a Muslim ... but ONLY if he was an Atheist and had never BEEN under the spell of Islam.

Had he at any time been subjected to Islam in his life, he could at any future time revert BACK (through fear of punishment in a hereafter) TO his original religious indoctrination.

That type of issue has occurred on more than one occasion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Repentance

On the contrary we have a well-authenticated instance of a Mahomedan (a Mr. Merton) who had embraced Christianity, and lived the life of a Christian for many years, renouncing it all, and returning to his primitive faith, when he was taken sick and became apprehensive he was going to die: his early religious impressions, returning involuntarily, wiped out his Christianity, and he died glorying in Mahomedanism.

Prince George, Canada

#243653 Dec 6, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Easy for you to sit back and judge.
All you have to do is sit back and relax up north while we get wiped out.
Then you guys will kiss the hand of who ever takes over.
Well if the U.S. goes down,we're dragging your konook butts with us!
If it becomes a matter of survival, never mind kissing hands, I will kiss the dirtiest of butts to save my yellow-bellied hide.

You aren't telling me anything I don't already comprehend!

That's why I understand that no savior can make me over into a holy being.

It is what it is!

Prince George, Canada

#243654 Dec 6, 2012
More than one American woman has married Muslim men and all went well, until the men took them to some Muslim-dominated country, destroyed their passports and the women found themselves "trapped" ... until they somehow escaped back to America.

Those men are often charming and good looking to boot, but be careful of the hold that religion put upon them. Religion will, in most cases, RULE!

Prince George, Canada

#243655 Dec 6, 2012
At the time in history this book was written, aside from the Native Indians, the only ones in America WERE Christians.

Now, the religious scene is based on a totally different kettle of fish.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

The reason why people are so easily converted from one sect to another in Christian countries is owing to the fact that their religious convictions are unsettled. The members of the different Christian sects are all mixed up together in the various settlements throughout the country, and are brought in daily contact with each other in the busy scenes of life.

Prince George, Canada

#243656 Dec 6, 2012

At thirty-two, the unmarried Adriana Brinkle (1857), of Pennsylvania, conducted an economic transaction of her own: she sold some furniture. Charges were brought against her for selling some furniture for which she had not fully paid. For the crime of embarrassing her physician father’s sense of “family honor,” Brinkle’s father and his judge-friend sentenced her to twenty-eight years in a psychiatric hospital.

Prince George, Canada

#243657 Dec 6, 2012

In 1861, Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton wrote:“Could the dark secrets of those insane asylums be brought to light … we would be shocked to know the countless number of rebellious wives, sisters and daughters that are thus annually sacrificed to false customs and conventionalisms, and barbarous laws made by men for women.”

Prince George, Canada

#243658 Dec 6, 2012

Elizabeth Packard managed to escape after three years in an Illinois asylum. She published an account of her hospital experience and fought for the legal rights of mental patients and married women.

Packard was a devout believer in both Christianity and motherhood. Romantic passion, doubt, creative egoism, and anguish were either flawlessly subdued or never part of her grandly practical sensibility. Her sins of individuality concerned religious freedom. Packard’s husband literally forbade her to express her own opinions on theological matters.

Prince George, Canada

#243659 Dec 6, 2012

In 1860, Elizabeth Packard’s husband psychiatrically imprisoned her because she dared to engage in “free religious inquiry.” She insisted on teaching her Bible class that humans are born “good’ and “not evil.”

Packard’s husband, a clergyman, kidnapped her against her will (although it was his legal rights to do so) and removed her to an asylum at Jacksonville, Illinois. He forbade her children, whose ages ranged from eighteen months of eighteen years, to communicate with or talk about her. He kept her own (inherited) income from her. He deprived her of her clothes, books, and personal papers and misrepresented her situation to her parents. Dr. MacFarland, the psychiatrist-director of the asylum, remaindered her outgoing mail and seized her few books and smuggled-in writing paper. Despite these events, Mrs. Packard never lost her “wits.”

to be continued later
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243660 Dec 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
In 1860, Elizabeth Packard’s husband psychiatrically imprisoned her because she dared to engage in “free religious inquiry.” She insisted on teaching her Bible class that humans are born “good’ and “not evil.”
Packard’s husband, a clergyman, kidnapped her against her will (although it was his legal rights to do so) and removed her to an asylum at Jacksonville, Illinois. He forbade her children, whose ages ranged from eighteen months of eighteen years, to communicate with or talk about her. He kept her own (inherited) income from her. He deprived her of her clothes, books, and personal papers and misrepresented her situation to her parents. Dr. MacFarland, the psychiatrist-director of the asylum, remaindered her outgoing mail and seized her few books and smuggled-in writing paper. Despite these events, Mrs. Packard never lost her “wits.”
to be continued later
Would you lose your wits if say some Hollywood movie star like Mel Gibson was to grab you and carry you off?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 305,850
Jessa Duggar Compares Abortion to the Holocaust... 9 hr Mychihuahuawillbite 2
I tried to protect my grandchildren from the vi... 16 hr godless by choice 1
Planned Parenthood blasts Ernst in new ad 21 hr liberals are heros 14
Priest Speaks Up For Planned Parenthood: 'Peopl... 22 hr cancer suxs 4
Decode pro-abortion talking points: Choicespeak... Mon Deborah 1
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Sep 27 cpeter1313 5,367

Abortion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE