Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#243617 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't present exactly what Christ said about hell. Until you do we are only talking about other's impressions and I only take Christ's word.
I don't believe there is a Christ to have said anything, but you ignore what stares you right in the face as the supposed words of Jesus.

Had Jesus lived, he would have agreed that "god" was on the righteous path when he ordained that "offenders" deserve to be burned in the fire of hell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In The Sermon on the Mount, Jesus states that whoever says to his brother "‘you fool!’ shall be liable to the hell [gehenna] of fire" (Matt 5:22; KJV).

Prince George, Canada

#243618 Dec 5, 2012
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following………….

I was thus reduced to my own resources, and I found myself in an indescribable state of mind. To love God with all the strength of one’s soul, to desire to serve him according to his will; to have been fifteen years learning , studying, and devouring what was believed to be truth, and after all to doubt if it be not false; to worship truth, and not be able to make a step towards it without fear of damnation; to be imprisoned, shut up in a narrow circle, out of which it is not possible to go without drawing down all the thunders of the church; to be compelled to doubt whether one’s creed is not absurd, and to have at the same time the conviction that the shadow of a doubt is a mortal sin, deserving all the fires of hell’ to wish to believe, and yet not to be able to do so; to feel that each article, one after another, is uprooted from one’s mind by a superior strength, and to make the most violent exertions to retain them, as man drawn between four horses fathers all the power to resist; to do all in one’s power to answer objections, to remove doubt, and yet not be able to find any means nor any good answer; to feel that one loses God, heaven, truth, one’s own soul, and to have no friendly bosom into which one can open one’s mind and unburden its pains and suffering; such was my situation.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243619 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe there is a Christ to have said anything, but you ignore what stares you right in the face as the supposed words of Jesus.
Had Jesus lived, he would have agreed that "god" was on the righteous path when he ordained that "offenders" deserve to be burned in the fire of hell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
In The Sermon on the Mount, Jesus states that whoever says to his brother "‘you fool!’ shall be liable to the hell [gehenna] of fire" (Matt 5:22; KJV).
If you read the entire chapter, you wouldn't understand it that way.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243620 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you believe you will go to heaven, while others won't.
It's the nature of the beast in you!
:)
I believe that everyone will go where they want. That is equal treatment.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#243621 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have and you ignore them, again and again and again.
You claim that "god" loves every body.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."
Leviticus says the same thing about men and women not married sharing a bed. Seems equal to me. Read all of chapter 20.

Prince George, Canada

#243622 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that all people want the best for themselves ... so according your remedy, they will all be with your god on HIGH, and there will be no "losers."

Prince George, Canada

#243623 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus says the same thing about men and women not married sharing a bed. Seems equal to me. Read all of chapter 20.
So the idea that both men and women who are homosexual ought to be stoned to death seems equal to you HUH?

I suggest you stop promoting your religion before you kill it off completely.

Prince George, Canada

#243624 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the entire chapter, you wouldn't understand it that way.
I suggest you are so used to putting the spin on all words until they stop spinning where you find them "pleasing" to your desires, that your behavior now seems normal to you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Prince George, Canada

#243625 Dec 5, 2012
Looking back through the years, I now wonder why it took me so long to stop believing that the universe was created, rather than waiting for a better explanation.

From my present perspective, almost any explanation would be better than the one put forth by those in religion.

Prince George, Canada

#243626 Dec 5, 2012
"HELLOOOOOOOOO ... calling the god that loves everybody ... are you THERE???"

silence

Prince George, Canada

#243627 Dec 5, 2012
“There is no heaven; it's a fairy story.”

Stephen Hawking:

Prince George, Canada

#243628 Dec 5, 2012
Theology

There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?

Paul Lawrence Dunbar

Prince George, Canada

#243629 Dec 5, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you reckon that people WANTED to be burned at the stake as heretics and witches?

Is that YOUR idea of equal treatment?

Prince George, Canada

#243630 Dec 5, 2012
I wonder ... if we were able to go to a different planet if we would safe from the judgment of the temper-mental "god?"

Religion is silly!

Prince George, Canada

#243631 Dec 5, 2012
"be" safe

Prince George, Canada

#243632 Dec 5, 2012
According to scientists, non-human animals existed on earth LONG before humans.

From my perception, humans mutated off of other forms of life, and are nothing special in the broad scheme of things.

Even the tiniest of cells mutate. That's nothing of which to brag.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

“Don’t give me any credit,” she told reporters at TV’s winter press tour.“I didn’t do anything to get to be 90. It just happened. I didn’t accomplish anything. It just came up on me.”

Betty White
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243633 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to scientists, non-human animals existed on earth LONG before humans.
From my perception, humans mutated off of other forms of life, and are nothing special in the broad scheme of things.
Even the tiniest of cells mutate. That's nothing of which to brag.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
“Don’t give me any credit,” she told reporters at TV’s winter press tour.“I didn’t do anything to get to be 90. It just happened. I didn’t accomplish anything. It just came up on me.”
Betty White
From YOUR perception,we should thank the perverisity of our lineage to spotted azzes apes.

Prince George, Canada

#243634 Dec 5, 2012
From my perspective, freedom is something to never take for granted.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Women and Madness”… by Phyllis Chesler

Introduction

Margaret Isabel Wilson (1931) wrote that “Nature was her doctor.” Leaving the asylum helped Wilson. She wrote:

It took me months to get over the effects of my incarceration … Through companionship, my appetite came back; I could sleep in peace, and there was nobody to annoy me. There were no maniacal shrieks to make me shudder; no attendants to yell out orders; no nurses to give me arsenic and physics; no doctors to terrify me … the things[I] sorely missed while institutionalized:(1) liberty; (2)my vote; (3) privacy; (4) normal companionship; (5) personal letters and uncensored answers; (6) useful occupation; (7) play; (8) contacts with intelligent minds; (9) pictures, scenery, books, good conversation; (10) appetizing food.

I agree with them all.

Thus freedom and justice does wonders for one’s mental health.

Prince George, Canada

#243635 Dec 5, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>From YOUR perception,we should thank the perverisity of our lineage to spotted azzes apes.
I suggest you don't blame apes for humans being perverse. From my perspective we created perversity, and we OWN it.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#243636 Dec 5, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't blame apes for humans being perverse. From my perspective we created perversity, and we OWN it.
I know from my perspective,I'm getting chest pains and a bad headache,been creeping up on me the last few days.
Do you think it's the stess of topix catching up with me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr R C Honey 307,005
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 2 hr Diamondiqa 5,514
The resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Spir... Sat pcloadletter 62
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... Sat Lawrence 13
Woman Conceived in Rape Condemns Obamacare's Ra... Sat feces for jesus 31
9 reasons why 2014 was a great year for pro-life Dec 19 Deborah 1
What does a pro-life America look like? Dec 18 justsayin 2
More from around the web