Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219863 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239378 Oct 19, 2012
Now THIS is news to me. Quakers ... of all things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Wicca the “old” religion??

And now the Truth

Also connected to the group were men who had been members of a "New Age alternative to the Boy Scouts", called the Order of Woodcutters. They were originally Quakers who became Neopagans, practiced nude rituals in the woods, borrowed rituals from Crowley, including the "Hymn to Pan" and calling the quarters inside a circle drawn on the ground.

http://usminc.org/oldreligion.html

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239379 Oct 19, 2012

And now the Truth

Gardner claimed it was one of the people he met at this Rosicrucian Theater, a Dorothy Clutterbuck, that Gardner claimed initiated him into an ancient Wicca coven. Its possible Clutterbuck initiated him into something she claimed was an ancient coven, but since Gardner's story about being initiated in 1939 didn't come out until 1949, the entire incident could very well be bogus. Conveniently the claim doesn't come out until years after Clutterbuck is dead, and no way to confirm it, either. We will begin to see this as a pattern in Wicca, with claims being of ancient witch lineage made and conveniently the key witnesses long dead.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239380 Oct 19, 2012
Gardner's claim of the secret covens covered for his stories.

After all, he couldn't give away the secrets that he promised the "witches he would keep" as he was protecting their "privacy."

The story fed off of itself!

It's comparable to an of crime-stories telling the plot of the story, but never exposing who committed the crime.

Ya get a little taste of the mystery, but the mystery is never "quite" solved, as the unsolved mystery is the best part of the plot.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239381 Oct 19, 2012
to an "author" of crime stories
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#239383 Oct 19, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My "hopping" days of religion are over, and soon enough my hopping physical body will hop no more. Then I will know what comes after death, if anything ... or I won't know a thing, as the lights will simply dim and fade away for "good."
I could go for a sleep that lasts forever. No more sciatic nerve problems in my leg. No more middle of the night asthma attacks, no more unmentionables that I won't mention.
Sleep ... wonderful sleep ... is all I desire.
:)
Depressing June.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239384 Oct 19, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Depressing June.
"Sleep" is depressing???

I suggest you try going without sleep for a few nights, and my guess is, you will take another "reading" on the issue.

Sherlayne

Andover, NJ

#239385 Oct 19, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My "hopping" days of religion are over, and soon enough my hopping physical body will hop no more. Then I will know what comes after death, if anything ... or I won't know a thing, as the lights will simply dim and fade away for "good."
I could go for a sleep that lasts forever. No more sciatic nerve problems in my leg. No more middle of the night asthma attacks, no more unmentionables that I won't mention.
Sleep ... wonderful sleep ... is all I desire.
June, LOL - I can identify quite closely with you. I'm in no hurry for the day my physical body no longer "hops", but if it's eternal nothingness - an endless sleep where I never ever have to do a thing again, that's got a kind of appeal to it. Just lie there within Mother Earth, either cremated or in a box, RESTING throughout eternity. No demands to do this, do that, no suffering in any way, no pain nor sickness....

No, I'm not in any hurry for it but if that's all there is, it's not really a bad kind of non-existence when you think about it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#239386 Oct 20, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll just forget that I posted it anyway.
Isn't that what you used to tell me???
You're deflecting, you disgusting, lying piece of shit.

Prove your claim, or admit you lied.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239387 Oct 20, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Now THIS is news to me. Quakers ... of all things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
And now the Truth
Also connected to the group were men who had been members of a "New Age alternative to the Boy Scouts", called the Order of Woodcutters. They were originally Quakers who became Neopagans, practiced nude rituals in the woods, borrowed rituals from Crowley, including the "Hymn to Pan" and calling the quarters inside a circle drawn on the ground.
Does your source REALLY call the Order of the Woodcutters a "New Age alternative to the Boy Scouts"?

LOL, it's an adoptive degree in Freemasonry.

And I've never read ANYTHING else that claimed Margaret Murray joined Gardner's coven.

Your non-Wiccan source has been dismissed.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239388 Oct 20, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
And now the Truth
Gardner claimed it was one of the people he met at this Rosicrucian Theater, a Dorothy Clutterbuck, that Gardner claimed initiated him into an ancient Wicca coven. Its possible Clutterbuck initiated him into something she claimed was an ancient coven, but since Gardner's story about being initiated in 1939 didn't come out until 1949, the entire incident could very well be bogus. Conveniently the claim doesn't come out until years after Clutterbuck is dead, and no way to confirm it, either. We will begin to see this as a pattern in Wicca, with claims being of ancient witch lineage made and conveniently the key witnesses long dead.
http://www.atheistrev.com/2007/03/atheist-ext...

"The atheist extremist would hold views which would be considered extreme by most members of the atheist community. Like any other type of extremist, an atheist extremist would be irrational. This irrationality would be manifest through cognitive errors such as (and not limited to) the following:

Overgeneralization - Drawing grand conclusions based on isolated examples (e.g., "Because one Christian does something bad, all Christians are bad.").
Dichotomous Thinking - Framing the world in terms of absolutes without acknowledging meaningful gradations (e.g., "Atheists are smart; believers are stupid.").
Disqualifying the Positive - Rejecting positive experiences as somehow not counting in order to preserve one's negative view of some group (e.g., "Christians may give a lot to charity but only to promote their agenda of brainwashing.").

Through irrationality, the atheist extremist would maintain his or her position by selectively focusing on supportive evidence while ignoring or explaining away contradictory evidence. Attempts to question his or her worldview would be experienced as personal attacks and would solidify extreme positions. Such an individual would form an intense emotional attachment to his or her viewpoint which would override that justified by evidence and reason.

I have not encountered many atheists like this, but I have come across a few. I don't believe they are common, but I do believe they exist. Like extremists of other brands, they have stopped thinking and exist simply to argue a viewpoint they may no longer be able to articulate."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239389 Oct 20, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Gardner's claim of the secret covens covered for his stories.
After all, he couldn't give away the secrets that he promised the "witches he would keep" as he was protecting their "privacy."
The story fed off of itself!
It's comparable to an of crime-stories telling the plot of the story, but never exposing who committed the crime.
Ya get a little taste of the mystery, but the mystery is never "quite" solved, as the unsolved mystery is the best part of the plot.
http://www.atheistrev.com/2007/03/atheist-ext...

"The atheist extremist would hold views which would be considered extreme by most members of the atheist community. Like any other type of extremist, an atheist extremist would be irrational. This irrationality would be manifest through cognitive errors such as (and not limited to) the following:

Overgeneralization - Drawing grand conclusions based on isolated examples (e.g., "Because one Christian does something bad, all Christians are bad.").
Dichotomous Thinking - Framing the world in terms of absolutes without acknowledging meaningful gradations (e.g., "Atheists are smart; believers are stupid.").
Disqualifying the Positive - Rejecting positive experiences as somehow not counting in order to preserve one's negative view of some group (e.g., "Christians may give a lot to charity but only to promote their agenda of brainwashing.").

Through irrationality, the atheist extremist would maintain his or her position by selectively focusing on supportive evidence while ignoring or explaining away contradictory evidence. Attempts to question his or her worldview would be experienced as personal attacks and would solidify extreme positions. Such an individual would form an intense emotional attachment to his or her viewpoint which would override that justified by evidence and reason.

I have not encountered many atheists like this, but I have come across a few. I don't believe they are common, but I do believe they exist. Like extremists of other brands, they have stopped thinking and exist simply to argue a viewpoint they may no longer be able to articulate."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239390 Oct 20, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your source REALLY call the Order of the Woodcutters a "New Age alternative to the Boy Scouts"?
LOL, it's an adoptive degree in Freemasonry.
And I've never read ANYTHING else that claimed Margaret Murray joined Gardner's coven.
Your non-Wiccan source has been dismissed.
You also "dismissed me" ... but I'm still here.

Your dismissal does not equate to any basis of truth whatsoever.

It' simply another opinion.

And the fact that you can discuss your religion in "defense" and don't call the defense proselytizing, is a point of interest to me, because when DayStorm defends his cult, you claim "he" is an extremist.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239391 Oct 20, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, LOL - I can identify quite closely with you. I'm in no hurry for the day my physical body no longer "hops", but if it's eternal nothingness - an endless sleep where I never ever have to do a thing again, that's got a kind of appeal to it. Just lie there within Mother Earth, either cremated or in a box, RESTING throughout eternity. No demands to do this, do that, no suffering in any way, no pain nor sickness....
No, I'm not in any hurry for it but if that's all there is, it's not really a bad kind of non-existence when you think about it.
I agree Sherlayne. I also am not in a hurry to die ... but I can understand people whose emotional and physical pain is so extreme they do just want to die in the hopes of ending it all.

If I had my wish, no awareness after death would be my goal, but I don't think nature is aware of wishes or prayers. My guess is, nature can't BE manipulated to suit human desires.

Anyway, it will be whatever it will be.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239392 Oct 20, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're deflecting, you disgusting, lying piece of shit.
Prove your claim, or admit you lied.
Do you show the same attitude when you are "covered" in your witch's garb at your ceremonies???

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239393 Oct 20, 2012
Because of belief in the existence of a god or many gods and goddesses, the pseudo "scientists" of old always fit their religious dogmas into the equations. The end result of "studies" was "God ordained it to be this way."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

"The power of science is uncertainty. Everything is uncertain, but science can define that uncertainty.

"That's why science makes progress and religion doesn't."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239394 Oct 20, 2012
Imagine, if you will, Thomas Jefferson as a "scientist."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In his classic Notes on the State of Virginia (1785), Jefferson remarked how “unfortunate” it was that it had pleased God to make Africans black

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239395 Oct 20, 2012
In the "eyes" of "god" natives have come a long way. The followers of the same god used to believe that Native Indians had no souls.

It's amazing how "god" changes his "mind" so often "simply" to suit human believers. Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Kateri Tekakwitha: First Catholic Native American saint

On Sunday, the Catholic Church will canonize its first ever Native American saint, Kateri Tekakwitha. Sometimes known as Lily of the Mohawks, she died more than 300 years ago, but is thought by some to have performed a miracle as recently as 2006.

"It's a third-class relic," says gift shop manager Joanne Wiesner, wide-eyed as she holds a small Kateri Tekakwitha prayer card in her hand.

Embedded within the card is a little piece of cloth which has touched a fragment of bone, a first-class relic, from the soon-to-be saint.

"I get goose bumps every time I think about it," says Wiesner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19996957

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239396 Oct 20, 2012
I guess they ran out of pieces of the real cross!

The prayer cards are selling like hot cakes at the Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs in Auriesville, set amid the beautiful wooded hills of what was once Mohawk land.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239397 Oct 20, 2012
My guess is, if the Christians had been united to one denomination, the so-called founding fathers would never have separated government and church.

It was only because Christians were so fragmented and warring among themselves that government and religion were at least partially separated.

Had the Christians been united, we would have no more freedoms in America than the Muslim-citizens have in Iran.

Religion goes on one straight and narrow path ... and the path is "beaten" according to the ones that hold the most power over others.

"God" is very "determined" to have his way. Tongue in cheek.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239398 Oct 20, 2012
From my perspective religion broke up more families than it ever united.

But some Mohawks in Kahnawake today are ambivalent about their ancestor, says Boucher. Many people don't identify with her story of life as a virgin - it's a culture where motherhood and caring for children is seen as central to a woman's role - and some associate her with the bitterness of colonisation, loss of land, and Mohawk tradition.

Many in the community there are in fact moving back towards their traditional beliefs, and away from the Catholic Church, says Boucher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emergency Contraception to Be Available to 17-Y... (Mar '09) 1 hr Brroks 24
News Abortion limits rejected by state legislators (Feb '08) 6 hr Kupcho 322
News Right to Life remembering lives lost to abortion (Jan '13) Tue Beyond Belief 691
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon exclusiveYTube 310,654
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) Feb 7 Ana 54
News Bush vows to back GOP nominee, slams Rubio on a... Feb 6 No Way 1
News Here is the latest Texas news from The Associat... Feb 6 Left farts 11
More from around the web