The most glossed over issue by the me...

The most glossed over issue by the media by far continues to be abortion

There are 4 comments on the Examiner.com story from Feb 1, 2013, titled The most glossed over issue by the media by far continues to be abortion. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

During the Obama administration's coronation last week, tens of thousands of pro-lifers marched in the nation's capitol to protest the implementation of Roe-Wade. There were demonstrations in other cities with tens of thousands more protesting the legalized infanticide that has produced well over 50 million abortions in the United States alone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#1 Feb 2, 2013
AND...to prove their case they use an obvious Photoshopped picture!! LOL

Never put it past the ignorant to buy such BS.

http://offbigt.blogspot.com/2011/05/margaret-...

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#4 Feb 2, 2013
hmmm wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6Fj-E-Yk78MXX yES , Ms Sanger did talk to the women of the kkk, she called them stupid women. She probably thought they shouldn't have the right to live. Another thing, sanger said if she mentioned the word abortion the women would go into hysterics, so sanger must have supported abortion rights too.
Sanger's family planning advocacy always focused on contraception, rather than abortion. It was not until the mid-1960s, after Sanger's death, that the reproductive rights movement expanded its scope to include abortion rights as well as contraception.Sanger was opposed to abortions, both because they were dangerous for the mother in the early 20th century and because she believed that life should not be terminated after conception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

Funny that the anti choice movement goes out of their way to smear Sanger, but then the anti choice movement IS anti contraceptives which if truth be known would make them even more unpopular.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#6 Feb 3, 2013
hmmm wrote:
Morgana, she smeared herself.
That would be the opinion of those who are anti contraceptives and anti choice across the board.
Ocean56

AOL

#7 Feb 4, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
That would be the opinion of those who are anti contraceptives and anti choice across the board.
Yep, and Knutter is both. Of course, the Catholic Church hated the very idea that women could REJECT motherhood without penalty by preventing conception in the first place. So it's no surprise that the CC did whatever it could to smear Sanger and her reputation any chance it got. Personally, I think these quotes from Sanger's book WOMAN AND THE NEW RACE explains a lot about why she believed contraception to be vital to women's health.

1. "Most women who belong to the workers' families have no accurate or reliable knowledge of contraceptives, and are, therefore, bringing children into the world so rapidly that they, their families and their class are overwhelmed with numbers."

2. "The deadly chain of misery is all too plain to anyone who takes the trouble to observe it. A woman of the working class marries and with her husband lives in a degree of comfort upon his earnings. Her household duties are not beyond her strength. Then the children begin to come -- one, two, three, four, possibly five or more. The earnings of the husband do not increase as the family rapidly does. Food, clothing and general comfort in the home grow less as the numbers of the family increase. The woman's work grows heavier, and her strength is less with each child. Possibly -- probably -- she has to go into a factory to add to her husband's earnings. There she toils, doing her housework at night. Her health goes, and the crowded conditions and lack of necessities in the home help to bring about disease -- especially tuberculosis. Under the circumstances, the woman's chances of recovering from each succeeding childbirth grow less. Less too are the chances of the child's surviving."

3. "As far back as 1900, I began to inquire of my associates what one could tell these worried women who asked constantly:'What can I do?' It is the voice of the elemental urge of woman -- it has always been there; and whether we have heeded it or neglected it, we have always heard it. Out of this cry came the birth control movement. Economic conditions have naturally made this elemental need more plain; sometimes they have lent a more desperate to woman's cry for freedom.... But the birth control movement as a movement for woman's basic freedom was born of that unceasing cry of the socially repressed, spiritually stifled woman who is constantly demanding:'what can I do to avoid more children?'

After a year's study in foreign countries for the purpose of supplementing the knowledge gained in my fourteen years as a nurse, I came back to the United States determined to open a clinic. I had decided that there could be no better way of demonstrating to the public the necessity of birth control and the welcome it would receive than by taking the knowledge of contraceptive methods directly to those who most needed it."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After setback, abortion foes keep pressing Cong... 51 min kuda 106
News Columbus abortion clinic scrambling to stay open 1 hr Big Johnson 81
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr John-K 314,012
News Marking Roe anniversary, abortion foes pin hope... Sat Choicerocks 34
I think my girlfriend had an abortion (Mar '08) Sat Choicerocks 42
News David Daleiden, Sandra Merritt charged in filmi... Apr 21 ffj 16
News Boehner: Shutdown will hurt anti-abortion right... (Sep '15) Apr 9 Love washington 18
More from around the web