Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds

Aug 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rome News

A federal appeals court ruled late Tuesday that Texas can cut off funding for Planned Parenthood clinics that provide health services to low-income women before a trial over a new law that bans state money from going to organizations tied to abortion providers.

Comments
141 - 160 of 165 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#144 Sep 5, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ironic at all as it simply shows the trend and dircetion this country is heading in.
Yeah, so then we should avoid religion laws like what many of the Russian countries have, no? They also like to tell the individuals what to do and not the businesses, just like our liberal Republicans, so them maybe we should stop voting Republican.

If you can't see the big picture, then you should not decide what one of the elements will be.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#145 Sep 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about the death penalty at all. Either way it will cost money.
Let me reword my question? Do you side with liberals on the death penalty? Yes or no will be sufficient.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#146 Sep 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so then we should avoid religion laws like what many of the Russian countries have, no? They also like to tell the individuals what to do and not the businesses, just like our liberal Republicans, so them maybe we should stop voting Republican.
If you can't see the big picture, then you should not decide what one of the elements will be.
What "religion laws" should be avoided? And I don't mean to correct you, but there is only 1 Russia.

I have been a Republican for a while now, as I have stated, but I have never met a "liberal Republican"-moderates yes, liberal no.

I also want to make it clear that Republicans don't go around telling individuals what to do. They might express their opinion on what people are doing, but those free expressions come from the Democrats too. Give you an example. In the mid 1960's, the Democrats passed an act requiring "busing" of minority students to dismantle segregation. Problem with the act was that it was exclusively aimed at southern states, and no enforced in northern states. Would you, as a conservative, agree that was an act to selectively tell southern people what they had to do?

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#147 Sep 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You compared "non-religious" to "gnostic atheists." Not very honest of you.
No sorry the point was that in Russia it is not as straight forward as you would have liked people to believe.
In the US being an atheist is currently in. It is like the newest fad so people will say they are atheists even if technically they are not. In Russia it is much more difficult to actually gage the level of atheism. The climate over there is much different than here.

Not so nice when someone turns your own games back on you is it?

El Paso, TX

#148 Sep 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get up to date. Russia does not have Countries, that was the USSR. Russia is a country now that is all.
Now what religion laws would you be talking about? Please be specific.
So Russia does not tell the Businesses what to do but they tell the individuals? Funny you should be a comedian.
Then you say like our Liberal Republicans? Ummmmmm not! If what you said was true then why are the democrats cryinbg soo much about the Republicans wanting to remove Federal Interference with private companies?
You see the problem is I do see the Big Picture and in that picture you are very far away from anything conservative.
You keep crying about taking away res[ponsibility by restyricting the killing of the unborn and now you run on about Russians not controling businesses. You need to join the Democrats, which I am sure you already have done officially or not.
Ocean56

AOL

#150 Sep 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
So you care about them only before they are born, how sweet. Are you willing to pay the millions to care for them until they're 18 years old then?
NO, the right-wing, anti-choice imbeciles certainly are NOT willing to pay the millions to care for children after they're born, especially if those children are in low-income or poor families. They don't care if a child dies from LACK of proper medical care because that child's parents couldn't afford health insurance. That's been obvious to me for some time.

For the anti-choice imbeciles, it's ALL about control, specifically control of women's sexual and reproductive decisions. They prove that every time, to me anyway.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#151 Sep 7, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, the right-wing, anti-choice imbeciles certainly are NOT willing to pay the millions to care for children after they're born, especially if those children are in low-income or poor families. They don't care if a child dies from LACK of proper medical care because that child's parents couldn't afford health insurance. That's been obvious to me for some time.
For the anti-choice imbeciles, it's ALL about control, specifically control of women's sexual and reproductive decisions. They prove that every time, to me anyway.
Thus why I'm siding with the Democrats on this issue. Someone on here said something like this, but I think it applies to the Republicans now: They look at the twig but forget the tree.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#152 Sep 7, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckey. The vast majority of Republicans are not ANTI-CHOICE. They are ANTI-ABORTION if anything. Half of the RIGHT-WINGERS you accuse of sanctioning the death of children are WOMEN, MOTHERS, and WIVES.

So you think we don't care if a "child dies" from "LACK" of proper medical care? Aren't you the one who keeps chewing on my ass about aborting a child, about my attack on Planned Parenthood, about how far you women have come with the freedom to choose what is good for your body, about the improvement to women's health care where abortion is concerned, about how there is no law against abortion, about how a fetus has no rights, huh?

You kill'um in the womb then accuse me of killing them by denying them health care. Maybe children would have a better, more affordable health care system if the taxpayers didn't have to finance women's abortion clinics.

And is it not true that Michelle Obama has taken the lead on child obesity? If these kids she is so worried about didn't have an overabundance of junk food available in this cornucopia of a country, and a health care system that is paid for by taxpayers,(that's why women from other countries will risk violating our entry laws to get here and have their babies they don't abort), isn't trying to keep them healthy, then what the hell is she trying to accomplish?

There may be an imbecile on this Topix page, but there is an idiot, self-serving liar here too-that's for sure.

United States

#153 Sep 7, 2012
Lets see, Medicaid, Chip, AIM, California Kids, CS,
CMSP, Families USA, Family Pact, Health Families, PPA, these are some of the programa available to the poor families for health care. There are more but anyone can find them.
So no the line about letting a kid die because the kid is from a poor family that can't afford health insurance is as most of these libs arguments are, just a line of BS meant to invoke an emotional reaction in the uneducated masses.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#154 Sep 7, 2012
UR BS wrote:
Lets see, Medicaid, Chip, AIM, California Kids, CS,
CMSP, Families USA, Family Pact, Health Families, PPA, these are some of the programa available to the poor families for health care. There are more but anyone can find them.
So no the line about letting a kid die because the kid is from a poor family that can't afford health insurance is as most of these libs arguments are, just a line of BS meant to invoke an emotional reaction in the uneducated masses.
All of which cost tax dollars that the Republicans want to cut. So your point is moot.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#155 Sep 7, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
New Orleans? Aren't you about ass-deep in filthy water by now? Or, are you a liar about where you is from? Lie once, maybe you lie twice. Maybe you lie everytime your lips move-ya think?
To my knowledge Planned Parenthood does not offer nor refer abortions,in Louisiana. There are two clinics in Louisiana,in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-cente...

We are speaking of Louisiana,for goodness sake,that is mostly pro-life.
http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/government-an...

El Paso, TX

#156 Sep 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
All of which cost tax dollars that the Republicans want to cut. So your point is moot.
As usual you are distorting the truth to meet your desires.

Some of the programs are targetted to get cuts by both Republicans and Democrats. Obamacare would cut the most out of all of them thereby forcing people into the Government run single provider that he has pushed from day one. Some of the [programs, in fact the vast majority of them, are state run programs that don't get money from the Feds. So your generalized statement is again distorted.

So now let me lay this out for you then. By your own words you are for what the Republicans want to do nd yet you say you side with the democrats. Well which is it? Do you support cutting Government out of all of these programs or do you support Government involvement? Can't have it both ways.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#157 Sep 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough for you to accuse Republicans as wanting to cut tax dollars, but the cuts are not to the health detriment of children. Now let's look at a real tax dollar cut. Obama wants to cut medicare funding for the elderly. His Obamacare was finally tagged as a "tax" measure, even though he said it wasn't. Now what is he going to spend those medicare dollar cuts on? And who is going to pay those Obamacare "tax" dollars, Kitty?
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#158 Sep 7, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
To my knowledge Planned Parenthood does not offer nor refer abortions,in Louisiana. There are two clinics in Louisiana,in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-cente...
We are speaking of Louisiana,for goodness sake,that is mostly pro-life.
http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/government-an...
Planned Parenthood in Texas, Austin to be exact, offered to refer a women to an abortion clinic. It was caught on a hidden camera by the woman being offered the referral. CAUGHT ON TAPE!

We are speaking of Texas, a Red State for goodness sake.

The problem is Planned Parenthood has, on too many occasions, disregarded their agreement to not refer abortions as a part of their public funding provisions. Once-a mistake. Twice-a breach of public trust.

“OUCH”

Russell Springs, KY

#159 Sep 8, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood in Texas, Austin to be exact, offered to refer a women to an abortion clinic. It was caught on a hidden camera by the woman being offered the referral. CAUGHT ON TAPE!
We are speaking of Texas, a Red State for goodness sake.
The problem is Planned Parenthood has, on too many occasions, disregarded their agreement to not refer abortions as a part of their public funding provisions. Once-a mistake. Twice-a breach of public trust.
I'm sorry I assumed in you're reply to New Orleans,you were talking about Louisiana. They made an agreement? Was it in writing? Would you mind giving me a link?

“OUCH”

Russell Springs, KY

#160 Sep 8, 2012
Never mind I should have read the article.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#161 Sep 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough for you to accuse Republicans as wanting to cut tax dollars, but the cuts are not to the health detriment of children. Now let's look at a real tax dollar cut. Obama wants to cut medicare funding for the elderly. His Obamacare was finally tagged as a "tax" measure, even though he said it wasn't. Now what is he going to spend those medicare dollar cuts on? And who is going to pay those Obamacare "tax" dollars, Kitty?
You do realize that his bill came from a Republican think tank, right? It's also the same one Romney, and many other Republicans, pushed in their states as well. The goal of the heath insurance bill was not to improve health care but to ensure profits for insurance companies. I never like any of those bills, they do not address the real problems.

Republicans are making general cuts to medical though, general cuts effect everyone. While the goal is noble, the method is extreme and fails to address the real issues. If health care costs were lowered, then it would ultimately correct all the problems in the system, but just cutting taxes merely shifts the burden onto the taxpayers more. Unpaid medical bills cost more to taxpayers than paid in full ones. Lower the costs, then you reduce the amount of unpaid bills, it's a win all around.
Henry

Gerstungen, Germany

#162 Sep 12, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that his bill came from a Republican think tank, right? It's also the same one Romney, and many other Republicans, pushed in their states as well. The goal of the heath insurance bill was not to improve health care but to ensure profits for insurance companies. I never like any of those bills, they do not address the real problems.
Republicans are making general cuts to medical though, general cuts effect everyone. While the goal is noble, the method is extreme and fails to address the real issues. If health care costs were lowered, then it would ultimately correct all the problems in the system, but just cutting taxes merely shifts the burden onto the taxpayers more. Unpaid medical bills cost more to taxpayers than paid in full ones. Lower the costs, then you reduce the amount of unpaid bills, it's a win all around.
As long as capitalism exists there will be no justice in the health care at all! Put capitalism on the heap of the historical garbage of mankind. In the nuclear age capitalism is a deadly danger for human survival.
Henry

Gerstungen, Germany

#163 Sep 12, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
SO again the issue comes down to money with you.
I am not afraid to say it. I am for the death penalty. I am against the endless appeals and years between the sentence and the execution. That is the money that I object to spending.
One appeal then kill them. Should a mistake be made so be it.
Death penalty is inhuman and not tolerable. Death penalty could be a deadly error. We are not living in an barbaric age. There are so many signs that the USA is not real democratic modern Nation at all!
Henry

Gerstungen, Germany

#164 Sep 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckey. The vast majority of Republicans are not ANTI-CHOICE. They are ANTI-ABORTION if anything. Half of the RIGHT-WINGERS you accuse of sanctioning the death of children are WOMEN, MOTHERS, and WIVES.
So you think we don't care if a "child dies" from "LACK" of proper medical care? Aren't you the one who keeps chewing on my ass about aborting a child, about my attack on Planned Parenthood, about how far you women have come with the freedom to choose what is good for your body, about the improvement to women's health care where abortion is concerned, about how there is no law against abortion, about how a fetus has no rights, huh?
You kill'um in the womb then accuse me of killing them by denying them health care. Maybe children would have a better, more affordable health care system if the taxpayers didn't have to finance women's abortion clinics.
And is it not true that Michelle Obama has taken the lead on child obesity? If these kids she is so worried about didn't have an overabundance of junk food available in this cornucopia of a country, and a health care system that is paid for by taxpayers,(that's why women from other countries will risk violating our entry laws to get here and have their babies they don't abort), isn't trying to keep them healthy, then what the hell is she trying to accomplish?
There may be an imbecile on this Topix page, but there is an idiot, self-serving liar here too-that's for sure.
Most child care is not available in capitalist countries. Cannon fodder (gun lining) is of course welcome, but not at the expense of the profit of the capitalist state!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abortion,magtanong kay,ate christy 5 hr ATE CHRISTY 1
abortion pills in metro manila area 5 hr ATE CHRISTY 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Eaddae 305,478
Protester storms Families meeting 13 hr Belle Sexton 6
Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-aborti... 14 hr RevSpitz 1
Right to Life remembering lives lost to abortion (Jan '13) 15 hr Citizen Emeritus 681
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 18 hr Brian_G 5,314
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Abortion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••