PP Delaware clinic like Gosnell's 'Ho...

PP Delaware clinic like Gosnell's 'House of Horrors'

Posted in the Abortion Forum

Demystifying liberal myth

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 26, 2013
BY MOIRA SHERIDAN
Fri Apr 26, 2013

The parallels between Kermit Gosnell’s “house of horrors” in Philadelphia and Planned Parenthood of Delaware’s Wilmington clinic at 7th & Shipley Streets are too numerous to ignore. Most people think Gosnell an anomaly among abortion providers. They are ignoring a growing body of evidence to the contrary. Untrained staff, filthy equipment, unsterilized and reused instruments, complete lack of oversight by any governing agency, and abusive, contemptuous doctors are more the norm in freestanding abortion clinics than the public is willing to admit. 3601 Lancaster Ave. and 625 Shipley St. are ample proof that abortion in America today is anything but safe.

Gosnell's now-infamous "House of Horrors" at 3801 Lancaster in Philadelphia. But is his clinic the only 'House of Horrors' in the United States? Evidence suggests otherwise....

Untrained, unlicensed, and callously unconcerned staff at Gosnell’s clinic failed to follow any semblance of proper medical procedure. At Planned Parenthood of Delaware, accusations from Mitchell-Werbrich’s report reveal improper counseling of patients, procedures performed without properly signed consent forms, failure to follow state mandated parental consent laws, untrained staff and little training available for sterilzation techniques, and lapses in mandated follow-up care.

Doctors at both clinics specialized in assembly-line abortions, often treating patients with contempt or abusing them outright. Tina Baldwin, a staff member at Women’s Medical Society, testified that she saw Gosnell “slap a woman on the thigh.”

According to Mitchell–Werbrich, she observed the same behavior from Dr. Timothy Liveright, abortionist at Planned Parenthood. In a written statement documenting his bizarre behavior, she said,“Dr. Liveright struck the patient’s right lateral thigh with force with his opened hand, stating,‘Breathe!’”

Among the posted reviews of Planned Parenthood of Delaware’s Wilmington clinic on Yellow Pages is this accusation, alleged to have taken place in January, 2012:“I would like to warn everyone that a surgical gyn doctor, possibly hispanic/Italian (sic), treated me brutally during an abortion. When the nurse left the room, he suddenly and silently punched me in the abdomen but stopped as she returned. He then wordlessly proceeded with the operation. I felt terrified and helpless and he seemed happy to scare me.” It was during 2012 that Mitchell-Werbrich submitted her observations to management at Planned Parenthood of Delaware, who did nothing.

The laissez-faire attitude towards abortion clinic oversight by authorities who could have prevented so much suffering and death is despicable. Gosnell slipped through the hands of federal, state, and city regulators into a black hole of apathy, ultimately protected by the abortion industry’s unprecedented and unchallenged ability to police itself. Jayne Mitchell-Werbrich followed every avenue she could to bring the abuses she observed at Planned Parenthood to the correct authorities, knocking on door after door.

The result? In December, 2012, the Delaware Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline, after a cursory visit to the facility, declared the case closed, citing it “could not find Dr. Liveright in violation of the Medical Practice Act.” The Delaware Department of Health stated they found no evidence to support the claims of Vasikonis and Mitchell-Werbrich. The response from the Department of Labor’s OSHA department to Mitchell-Werbrich’s complaint is telling.“Planned Parenthood of Delaware has advised me that the hazards you complained about have been investigated…With this information, OSHA feels the case can be closed on the grounds that the hazardous conditions(s) have been corrected.”

Such outrageous and callous indifference breeds Gosnells of the future.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/a-tale-of-tw...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr John-K 311,874
News State to begin audit of abortion-alternative group 18 hr cpeter1313 1
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) 19 hr asha 69
News Feds push back on states targeting Planned Pare... Sun cpeter1313 1
News Florida Abolitionists Petition to Outlaw Aborti... Sun cpeter1313 1
News For Reagan campaign manager, this election is t... Sep 18 frigginhell 3
News New video points out misleading info behind Pla... Sep 16 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web