Planned Parenthood Files Suit Over Texas Abortion Law

There are 20 comments on the CBS Local story from Sep 27, 2013, titled Planned Parenthood Files Suit Over Texas Abortion Law. In it, CBS Local reports that:

As expected, the abortion battle launched in the Texas Legislature with House Bill 2 is now headed to the courts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Ron

Copperas Cove, TX

#1 Sep 29, 2013
Murders are not welcome in Texas.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 29, 2013
Ron wrote:
Murders are not welcome in Texas.
Unless it's done with a needle in the arm.
hummmm

Lexington, KY

#3 Nov 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>Unless it's done with a needle in the arm.
Yes in that case I support it.
Just a thought

United States

#4 Nov 1, 2013
It's ridiculous to think its ok to end a life because you can't keep your legs closed. I'd live to see a statistic on how many abortions are performed because of rape or incest. Abortion should not be used as birth control! I'm completely opposed to it but I can understand where certin conditions may lead to it. not the conditions where you get drunk and have unprotected sex or just have unprotected sex in general.
Just a thought

United States

#5 Nov 1, 2013
Live=love
Ocean56

AOL

#6 Nov 4, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
It's ridiculous to think its ok to end a life because you can't keep your legs closed. I'd live to see a statistic on how many abortions are performed because of rape or incest. Abortion should not be used as birth control! I'm completely opposed to it but I can understand where certin conditions may lead to it. not the conditions where you get drunk and have unprotected sex or just have unprotected sex in general.
What part of "not YOUR pregnancy, not your decision" is too hard for you to understand?

IMO Texas is one of the extremist Republican states that is basically opposed to women's reproductive rights. Thanks to the newest draconian law, more low-income and poor women in Texas will be denied access to both abortion and contraception. Are you really so dense that you believe contraception isn't provided at any of the clinics that will be forced to close?

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#7 Nov 4, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
It's ridiculous to think its ok to end a life because you can't keep your legs closed. I'd live to see a statistic on how many abortions are performed because of rape or incest. Abortion should not be used as birth control! I'm completely opposed to it but I can understand where certin conditions may lead to it. not the conditions where you get drunk and have unprotected sex or just have unprotected sex in general.
It's ridiculous to dismiss the fact that 100% of abortions occur because some guy couldn't keep it in his pants. If you're going to point fingers, make sure you point them both ways. I know for a fact how sex-obsessed men can be, and not putting out is generally a deal breaker. Find me a man who will take "no" for an answer without sulking about it, cheating on his partner or breaking up with her. I dare you.

The fact is, most teen pregnancies occur because the boys pressure the girls into sex and don't want to wear protection. Even through adulthood, some guys put the onus of birth control entirely on the woman and try to get away with going "bareback", because it feels better for them (it's always about THEM, isn't it?). Now, some of us never fell for that bullcrap and didn't give in. Others care more about pleasing their partners and keeping them than their own safety, and that's too bad.

Stop trying to play it off like all these women are just running around jumping on every wang they can find, because that's simply not true. Behind every unwanted pregnancy is a horny man, and more often than not, sex was his idea.

While you're at it, why not hunt down all these baby daddies that knock girls up and abandon them? Those women went through with their pregnancies and what do they get? Ridicule. Name-calling. How dare they try to get government aid to feed their children! They shouldn't have had them if they can't take care of them!

Yeah...it's always the women, with you people. The man in the equation doesn't exist at all until he decides he wants his girlfriend to keep a pregnancy she intends to abort, then suddenly it's "half his".

It takes two to tango, but only one to gestate. The men go on their merry way to screw their little hearts out, but nobody has a problem with that.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#8 Nov 4, 2013
Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ridiculous to dismiss the fact that 100% of abortions occur because some guy couldn't keep it in his pants. If you're going to point fingers, make sure you point them both ways. I know for a fact how sex-obsessed men can be, and not putting out is generally a deal breaker. Find me a man who will take "no" for an answer without sulking about it, cheating on his partner or breaking up with her. I dare you.
The fact is, most teen pregnancies occur because the boys pressure the girls into sex and don't want to wear protection. Even through adulthood, some guys put the onus of birth control entirely on the woman and try to get away with going "bareback", because it feels better for them (it's always about THEM, isn't it?). Now, some of us never fell for that bullcrap and didn't give in. Others care more about pleasing their partners and keeping them than their own safety, and that's too bad.
Stop trying to play it off like all these women are just running around jumping on every wang they can find, because that's simply not true. Behind every unwanted pregnancy is a horny man, and more often than not, sex was his idea.
While you're at it, why not hunt down all these baby daddies that knock girls up and abandon them? Those women went through with their pregnancies and what do they get? Ridicule. Name-calling. How dare they try to get government aid to feed their children! They shouldn't have had them if they can't take care of them!
Yeah...it's always the women, with you people. The man in the equation doesn't exist at all until he decides he wants his girlfriend to keep a pregnancy she intends to abort, then suddenly it's "half his".
It takes two to tango, but only one to gestate. The men go on their merry way to screw their little hearts out, but nobody has a problem with that.
I don't think the poster claimed that it was "OK" for men to run around siring children indiscriminately.

It does take two to tango, and only one can gestate. Very true.

What should we do with this fact? Wish it away?
Just a thought

Euless, TX

#9 Nov 5, 2013
You. Any have it both ways. It's a women's reproductive system to be in charge of. But when she gets knocked up its the mans fault? How is it 100% the guys fault? It is for sure both parties responsibly if a child is produced. I'm not only blaming the girls. But you make the girls out to be rape victims. More focus should be on stopping it before it starts than getting rid of it after it happens.
Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ridiculous to dismiss the fact that 100% of abortions occur because some guy couldn't keep it in his pants. If you're going to point fingers, make sure you point them both ways. I know for a fact how sex-obsessed men can be, and not putting out is generally a deal breaker. Find me a man who will take "no" for an answer without sulking about it, cheating on his partner or breaking up with her. I dare you.
The fact is, most teen pregnancies occur because the boys pressure the girls into sex and don't want to wear protection. Even through adulthood, some guys put the onus of birth control entirely on the woman and try to get away with going "bareback", because it feels better for them (it's always about THEM, isn't it?). Now, some of us never fell for that bullcrap and didn't give in. Others care more about pleasing their partners and keeping them than their own safety, and that's too bad.
Stop trying to play it off like all these women are just running around jumping on every wang they can find, because that's simply not true. Behind every unwanted pregnancy is a horny man, and more often than not, sex was his idea.
While you're at it, why not hunt down all these baby daddies that knock girls up and abandon them? Those women went through with their pregnancies and what do they get? Ridicule. Name-calling. How dare they try to get government aid to feed their children! They shouldn't have had them if they can't take care of them!
Yeah...it's always the women, with you people. The man in the equation doesn't exist at all until he decides he wants his girlfriend to keep a pregnancy she intends to abort, then suddenly it's "half his".
It takes two to tango, but only one to gestate. The men go on their merry way to screw their little hearts out, but nobody has a problem with that.
Just a thought

Euless, TX

#10 Nov 5, 2013
Women should have choice. Choice of who they have sex with and if they use protection. Condoms are cheap and sold everywhere. Not just at planned parenthood clinics. If it wasn't do easy to get rid of the "problem" maybe it wouldn't be so easy for them to get pregnant in the first place. If a women has the right to do what ever she wants with her body then why is prostitution illegal?
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "not YOUR pregnancy, not your decision" is too hard for you to understand?
IMO Texas is one of the extremist Republican states that is basically opposed to women's reproductive rights. Thanks to the newest draconian law, more low-income and poor women in Texas will be denied access to both abortion and contraception. Are you really so dense that you believe contraception isn't provided at any of the clinics that will be forced to close?
nepolion

Baltimore, MD

#11 Nov 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the poster claimed that it was "OK" for men to run around siring children indiscriminately.

It does take two to tango, and only one can gestate. Very true.

What should we do with this fact? Wish it away?
What is ur last name dan

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#12 Nov 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the poster claimed that it was "OK" for men to run around siring children indiscriminately.
It does take two to tango, and only one can gestate. Very true.
What should we do with this fact? Wish it away?
When the blame turns automatically and completely to the female in the equation, yes, they are dismissing the male. Men can and do walk away from pregnancy all the time. Women cannot; whether that means carrying to term or choosing abortion. It inevitably effects their lives in ways that it doesn't affect men.

I'm tired of seeing these delusional people with their misplaced priorities and warped sense of morals constantly badgering women for a choice that--let's face it--would never be called into question if men were the ones to get pregnant.
Ocean56

AOL

#13 Nov 9, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
Women should have choice. Choice of who they have sex with and if they use protection. Condoms are cheap and sold everywhere. Not just at planned parenthood clinics. If it wasn't do easy to get rid of the "problem" maybe it wouldn't be so easy for them to get pregnant in the first place.
Women DO have a choice, pal. It's just that the anti-choice crowd really doesn't like it that a woman can choose NOT to gestate and give birth if they DON'T want to stay pregnant. If these regressive people had their way, women would have only TWO "choices," pregnancy or celibacy.

By the way, unwanted pregnancy IS a problem -- and even a punishment -- for a woman who never wanted to get pregnant in the first place. She has every right to decide for HERSELF not to continue it if she doesn't want to. Again, if it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Simple as that.
Yep

Killeen, TX

#14 Nov 9, 2013
Sorry but I agree with Just a thought. Keep your legs closed or use birth control. SIMPLE.
william lucas

Cheyenne, WY

#15 Nov 9, 2013
We are legitimate,reputable and an accredited money lending company here in united kingdom(uk)
We offer loan to individuals and co-operate bodies in need of loan.
Are you in need of a business loan or a loan to pay your debts? Then contact us today for a quick loan as we make our customers financially comfortable. No credit check, 100% Guaranteed. email: bancoloaninvestment@ gmail.com
Get back to us with the following details if you are interested:
Full Names:
Country:
Phone Number:
Amount Needed As Loan:
Loan Duration:
occupation:
Sex:
contact us via: bancoloaninvestment@ gmail.com
Mr lucas

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#17 Nov 10, 2013
Yep wrote:
Sorry but I agree with Just a thought. Keep your legs closed or use birth control. SIMPLE.
Keep your junk in your pants or use a condom. SIMPLE.
Just a thought

Euless, TX

#18 Nov 10, 2013
You're right too leonine. Hollywood and the music industry should start a campaign to teach young men and women abstinence and safe sex. Being that they glorify teenage sexuality! With all the knowlage that we have at our fingertips abortion should be almost unheard of! It's not like we are some third world country or we dont know how babies are made?Also to ad that being an unwed mother doesn't carry the stigma it once did when the abortion debate was first started. I would say that now abortion is just a way to get rid of something that is an "inconvinance". We are a throw away society.'
Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your junk in your pants or use a condom. SIMPLE.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#19 Nov 11, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
You're right too leonine. Hollywood and the music industry should start a campaign to teach young men and women abstinence and safe sex. Being that they glorify teenage sexuality! With all the knowlage that we have at our fingertips abortion should be almost unheard of! It's not like we are some third world country or we dont know how babies are made?Also to ad that being an unwed mother doesn't carry the stigma it once did when the abortion debate was first started. I would say that now abortion is just a way to get rid of something that is an "inconvinance". We are a throw away society.'<quoted text>
At least you're putting equal blame. I can agree that the entertainment industry has gone wild with glorifying teen pregnancy and risky behavior. On the subject of unwed mothers, I'm personally glad to be rid of that tired old stigma. Women can and have been raising children without husbands for ages, it's just that now they can do so without being shamed for it as much. Traditionally it was always the single mother shamed, never the man who left her. I'm not happy that so many are forced to be single parents, but I'm glad they aren't so readily treated as outcasts.

There are so many reasons why women abort, too. It's not all just about a lack of a partner. Some decide the physical risks of carrying aren't something they wish to endure. Others don't want family and friends finding out because like it or not, there is still a stigma alive and well in some circles that punish women for getting pregnant out of wedlock.

I think it's counter-productive to bitch about women using wellfare to feed kids while insisting they carry every pregnancy to term. The cost of delivering one single baby alone is enough to put most people through college. People that bitch about the money doctors make on abortion should have a look at the cost of childbirth in a hospital, even with insurance coverage.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#20 Nov 11, 2013
Oh, and let me add that 350 dollars or so is a lot lest costly than ten thousand or so (and that's just the cost of giving birth, not including accumulative costs of diapers, baby clothes, basic essentials and formula if you can't breastfeed). Trying to tackle that cost alone is more than most women on a minimum wage salary can afford; never mind if they don't have full-time jobs.

You can stand outside and criticize them, but until you've lived it you will never know how daunting it is for a single woman to raise a baby alone. I've never lived it myself, but I see people struggle and I seethe with anger every time they cut government aid plans and these ignorant people (who are usually anti-abortion) rant about having to pay for women to feed and clothe their offspring. They aren't all "wellfair queens" and most of them are just trying to get by and keep their offspring.

Offering adoption as a solution is an insult; it treats these women like breeders...cattle for the wealthy infertile to use. They are people, not commodities, and half the blame for their situation, whether they abort or not, lies squarely in the pants of a horny male...who never, EVER gets called out for his tomcatting.

It's always the women that get the shit raining down on them. Never the men.
Just a thought

Euless, TX

#21 Nov 11, 2013
You say the blame lies squarely on the male? The woman has no responsibility? I think they have more (but not all) responsibility. They are the ones that can tell the HORNY MALE no! They are the ones who get pregnant. What way is it...,, women are powerful or are they all frail creatures unable to say no to a man? Also condoms are cheapest of all at about $1.
Leonine wrote:
Oh, and let me add that 350 dollars or so is a lot lest costly than ten thousand or so (and that's just the cost of giving birth, not including accumulative costs of diapers, baby clothes, basic essentials and formula if you can't breastfeed). Trying to tackle that cost alone is more than most women on a minimum wage salary can afford; never mind if they don't have full-time jobs.
You can stand outside and criticize them, but until you've lived it you will never know how daunting it is for a single woman to raise a baby alone. I've never lived it myself, but I see people struggle and I seethe with anger every time they cut government aid plans and these ignorant people (who are usually anti-abortion) rant about having to pay for women to feed and clothe their offspring. They aren't all "wellfair queens" and most of them are just trying to get by and keep their offspring.
Offering adoption as a solution is an insult; it treats these women like breeders...cattle for the wealthy infertile to use. They are people, not commodities, and half the blame for their situation, whether they abort or not, lies squarely in the pants of a horny male...who never, EVER gets called out for his tomcatting.
It's always the women that get the shit raining down on them. Never the men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 309,742
Miss Jenny Abortion Procedure (Apr '14) 10 hr iknowhatidid 27
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 18 hr untilthelighttak ... 219,928
News Pro Life March In Washington Sees Gains And Set... 21 hr Noelle Lorraine 2
News Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Sat zef 5,659
News Is This the End of One of the World's Harshest ... (Nov '13) Apr 30 elegantswan 2
ABORTION: What they don't tell you when you go. (Sep '14) Apr 29 cassi 6
More from around the web