Barr says abortion only acceptable when mother's life endangered

Nov 2, 2012 Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader 12

After days of refusing to answer a question about when abortion should be legal, Republican Andy Barr acknowledged Thursday that he believes the practice is only acceptable when the life of a mother is in danger.

Full Story
Carrie

London, KY

#1 Nov 2, 2012
I don't like Barr but I agree with him on this subject.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 2, 2012
So, IF a 13-year old girl gets raped and gets pregnant, she should be MADE to have the baby?
yes

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2012
Carrie wrote:
I don't like Barr but I agree with him on this subject.
I agree too, I just don't understand why people don't choose adoption. It should never be used as a form of birth control
beenthere

Lexington, KY

#4 Nov 2, 2012
I think in a rape situation the girl should have the right to terminate the pregnancy. I was raped and got pregnant and and considered adoption but I couldn't stand the idea of having to feel the baby move inside me and having a constant reminder of the horrible thing that had happened to me..
Anonymous

United States

#5 Nov 2, 2012
Its sort of funny how against abortion Republicans are. If Roe vs. Wade were hypothetically repealed, the demographic shift that is already threatening the future of the Republican party would only be expedited. With white people now being the minority in America, and each generation becoming more liberal, there simply aren't going to be enough angry white men to draw from.

With the abortion rates for hispanics and african-americans being multiple times higher than the rates for caucasions, and the heavy liberal leanings of both the african-american community and the hispanic community, it would do nothing but give a boost to the ever-growning base of the Democratic party at the same time the voter base of the Republican party is dwindling.
yes

United States

#6 Nov 2, 2012
beenthere wrote:
I think in a rape situation the girl should have the right to terminate the pregnancy. I was raped and got pregnant and and considered adoption but I couldn't stand the idea of having to feel the baby move inside me and having a constant reminder of the horrible thing that had happened to me..
Oh goodness I guess I didn't even think about rape .. I don't think anyone should be forced to carry a product of rape.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 2, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Its sort of funny how against abortion Republicans are. If Roe vs. Wade were hypothetically repealed, the demographic shift that is already threatening the future of the Republican party would only be expedited. With white people now being the minority in America, and each generation becoming more liberal, there simply aren't going to be enough angry white men to draw from.
With the abortion rates for hispanics and african-americans being multiple times higher than the rates for caucasions, and the heavy liberal leanings of both the african-american community and the hispanic community, it would do nothing but give a boost to the ever-growning base of the Democratic party at the same time the voter base of the Republican party is dwindling.
KUDOS!!!!! YOU nailed it!! Abortion will NEVER be made illegal, NEVER. The Republicans will NOT allow it. At present, the U.S. is becoming more liberal, and abortion is just about the only wedge issue the Repubs have to flaunt in front of a dwindling base that, many times, will vote against its own self-interest.

The ONLY time abortion comes up is when a democrat is in the White House. Why didn't the Repubs do away with it when G.W. Bush was prez??? Because they know the truth. The Repubs act as if no abortions took place when Bush was in the White House...LAUGHABLE!!!
What Lies

Irving, TX

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Abortion will never be paid for by taxpayers. Coming soon to all 50 states.
country gal

United States

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Sorry for anyone who has been raped. I know that would kill me to carry a baby that was from a rape and not to mention if you are married the effects it would have on your marriage. Knowing its not your husbands baby. I heard that you can get a pill that is used for rape victims so that their is no pregnancy. Not sure how true or jow well it works but im just wondering wouldnt it be easier, cheaper and alot less stressful to use that method.
TNT

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 6, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
So, IF a 13-year old girl gets raped and gets pregnant, she should be MADE to have the baby?
Who types like this? Why are you capitalizing letters in the middle of the sentence? Oh I get it now, you're the same person that doesn't capitalize the word God!
marilyn

Lexington, KY

#14 Nov 6, 2012
country gal wrote:
Sorry for anyone who has been raped. I know that would kill me to carry a baby that was from a rape and not to mention if you are married the effects it would have on your marriage. Knowing its not your husbands baby. I heard that you can get a pill that is used for rape victims so that their is no pregnancy. Not sure how true or jow well it works but im just wondering wouldnt it be easier, cheaper and alot less stressful to use that method.
Yea they do have that pill now.. It's called the morning after pill.. They didn't have it back then when it happened to me... That was 13 yrs ago...Also you have to use that pill with in 72 hours of the unprotected sex for it to be effective
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#15 Nov 6, 2012
Unfortunately some pharmacists refuse to dispense the 'morning after' pill because of their ridiculous medieval mythology. Only the most vile filth would force a rape victim to carry a rapist's fetus to term! People need to mind their own business!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 5 hr Tre H 219,640
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Cpexker1313 307,092
An Ar AppealTHANK You for Your Help! We Made it 11 hr cuninglingwist 1
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... Thu Belle Sexton 15
Studies Show Voters Can Be Swayed on Gay Marria... Thu Head Hunter 35
Abortion Activist Hates Ultrasound Photos Becau... Thu Deborah 1
Positive Alternatives drives down abortion numb... (Jul '12) Dec 23 Zach 2
More from around the web