Romney meets with evangelist Rev. Bil...

Romney meets with evangelist Rev. Billy Graham, says prayer would be most helpful for him

There are 102 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 11, 2012, titled Romney meets with evangelist Rev. Billy Graham, says prayer would be most helpful for him. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Romney on Thursday went to see Graham and his son, Franklin, at the elderly evangelist's mountaintop home near Asheville while in the area for a campaign event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#1 Oct 11, 2012
What will this man NOT do to get the evangelical vote?

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#2 Oct 11, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
No doubt. Really about the only thing graham could pray for, would be for romney to be saved and be freed from the cult that has hold of his soul. For graham to pray for romney's campaign, would be hypocrisy.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#3 Oct 11, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
As opposed to?

Obama's illegal "Dream Act" (that has not been passed by Congress)?

Obama's DOJ refusal to enforce the law in a color-blind manner (NBPP, Philly voter intimidation)?

Obama's pandering to unions by overturning established bankruptcy law (rewarding the UAW with majority ownership and screwing everyone else)?

I don't think that Mitt promised Billy anything in return, unlike Obama who DID with his political payoffs.

Billy Graham is a recognized influential leader and has had associations with Presidents and prominent pols since before the days of Eisenhower. It is entirely appropriate for Mitt to meet with Billy

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5 Oct 11, 2012
cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to?
Obama's illegal "Dream Act" (that has not been passed by Congress)?
Obama's DOJ refusal to enforce the law in a color-blind manner (NBPP, Philly voter intimidation)?
Obama's pandering to unions by overturning established bankruptcy law (rewarding the UAW with majority ownership and screwing everyone else)?
I don't think that Mitt promised Billy anything in return, unlike Obama who DID with his political payoffs.
Billy Graham is a recognized influential leader and has had associations with Presidents and prominent pols since before the days of Eisenhower. It is entirely appropriate for Mitt to meet with Billy
I don't like Obama, but he's not being hypocritical by going to a minister of evangelicals who is against all he believes in just to get the votes of American evangelicAls. It's a desperate move, IMO.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#6 Oct 11, 2012
Leftist, anti-Christ complainers will find any opportunity to bash their opponents. Paying homage to Graham, while in the area, is paying respect to a very old man furthering the message of Christ for many decades. That's all it is. Anti-Christ media following both the men, some waiting like vultures for Graham's death, make this news... nothing else.

San Diego, CA

#7 Oct 11, 2012
3OHA wrote:
Leftist, anti-Christ complainers will find any opportunity to bash their opponents. Paying homage to Graham, while in the area, is paying respect to a very old man furthering the message of Christ for many decades. That's all it is. Anti-Christ media following both the men, some waiting like vultures for Graham's death, make this news... nothing else.
But graham thinks that romney is a cultist.
Bob Boo

Hanoi, Vietnam

#8 Oct 11, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
dat is da onlee Even shouldate count de Vote!! one vote for Mitt;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#9 Oct 12, 2012
3OHA wrote:
Oh, for Pete's sake, stop crying.

It was a political move, not a spiritual move. Open your eyes.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#10 Oct 12, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
But graham thinks that romney is a cultist.
That was my point. This is a political ploy on Romney's part to get the evangelical vote. It is dishonest and hypocritical. Why didn't he meet with his prophet instead? That at least would not have been seen as pandering to the hard line evangelicals, and I would have seen it as a spiritual move rather than a political one.

I have no problem with people consulting those who are of the same faith, or even a different faith. Making it public is pandering.

You don't seek spiritual advice in public. You do it in private.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> That was my point. This is a political ploy on Romney's part to get the evangelical vote.
HO ney: Romney had the 'evangelical' vote the minute he was the last GOP candidate standing.

What planet are you from?
corgilicious

Muscotah, KS

#12 Oct 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> That was my point. This is a political ploy on Romney's part to get the evangelical vote. It is dishonest and hypocritical. Why didn't he meet with his prophet instead? That at least would not have been seen as pandering to the hard line evangelicals, and I would have seen it as a spiritual move rather than a political one.
I have no problem with people consulting those who are of the same faith, or even a different faith. Making it public is pandering.
You don't seek spiritual advice in public. You do it in private.
Any politician or any other famous person who meets with Rev. Graham would make news no matter what,it is not dishonest, hypocritical or even pandering. Graham knows Christ loves Romney and knows to treat him with respect,that is what Christ teaches.

San Diego, CA

#13 Oct 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HO ney: Romney had the 'evangelical' vote the minute he was the last GOP candidate standing.
What planet are you from?
Evangelicals call mormonism a cult and romney is a cultist. Why would they hypocritically support a cultist? Why would they damn themselves to eternal damnation?

San Diego, CA

#14 Oct 12, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Any politician or any other famous person who meets with Rev. Graham would make news no matter what,it is not dishonest, hypocritical or even pandering. Graham knows Christ loves Romney and knows to treat him with respect,that is what Christ teaches.
No, billy graham knows that romney needs to be saved. Needs to be saved from the cult that he is a member of.
corgilicious

Muscotah, KS

#15 Oct 12, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
No, billy graham knows that romney needs to be saved. Needs to be saved from the cult that he is a member of.
Graham was just showing kindness, after all we are to see the face of Christ in all we meet.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#16 Oct 12, 2012
Yes people this Obama has failed

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#17 Oct 12, 2012
Leftists vote for Obama because he is Muslim... end of story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#18 Oct 12, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
Leftists vote for Obama because he is Muslim... end of story
Tea baggers like like every time they open your mouths because your parents didn't raise you right.

There is a reason you live in the most racist state in the union, Vince.
ObamaPhones

Rochester, MN

#19 Oct 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea baggers like like every time they open your mouths because your parents didn't raise you right.
There is a reason you live in the most racist state in the union, Vince.
Is this the Democrat Theme Song?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#20 Oct 13, 2012
Here is the teabagger theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch
God Is The Only Choice

Painesville, OH

#23 Oct 13, 2012
ObamaPhones wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the Democrat Theme Song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =l46t_nrySg4XX
Your name reminded me of this, which happened in my state. Great reason to vote for someone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 min DAVID27 310,321
News Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood (Jul '12) 1 min Poverty Sucks 73
News Planned Parenthood Video Refuels GOP's Abortion... 1 min Responsibility 45
News What abortion is: Getting past the spin 1 min rfirma1 93
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) 12 min Junket 1,437
News Abortion Harvesting Scandal: Aborted Baby Organ... 1 hr soylent green is ... 1
News Shock: ABC, CBS Cover PlannedParenthood Baby Pa... 1 hr soylent green is ... 13
More from around the web