GOP's Mourdock stands by rape comment

Oct 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has sparked the latest political controversy over rape and abortion, causing GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to distance himself a day after touting his candidacy in a TV ad.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

That's right, he is standing by what his says because it is how he believes. He has a right to say it. How many times has people tried to cover up what Obama believes in or has said? But sense this is a republican, that makes a hell of a difference. He still has my vote.
Ken

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

He is one sick duck. He is a laughing stock of evil and he will make all hoosier look stupid.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

I find it amazing that we allow people who believe in fairytales to run our country. No wonder our nation is sliding behind the rest of the developed world in education.
pat

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

You can also start reaching out to voters right now. Make 13 calls right now -- one for each day we've got left.

If you've tried out the call tool, you already know how easy it is to use.

If you haven't yet, you're missing out. It's simple and fun, and you don't have to worry if you're not sure what to say -- there's a great script to follow.

And if folks like you take advantage of it, the call tool will play a key role in winning this election.

These last two weeks are all about turning voters out to the polls, plain and simple, and the call tool is your way to do that right from the couch or kitchen table. With a bunch of key states already voting -- including yours -- there's literally no time to waste.

So sign up for a call shift to get out the vote for President Obama:

http://my.barackobama.com/Call-Tool-Shifts

Or, start making those 13 -- or more -- calls right now:

http://my.barackobama.com/Start-Calling-Now

Thanks for doing this -- I'm not kidding when I say every single conversation matters.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

I am making changes now just in case Obama wins. Sold most of my stock and let the money sit. If he wins, everything I have read is that the stock market will go south. Very far south. If Romney wins we are only putting it off for a couple of years. Don't believe it? Just wait and see.
pat wrote:
You can also start reaching out to voters right now. Make 13 calls right now -- one for each day we've got left.
If you've tried out the call tool, you already know how easy it is to use.
If you haven't yet, you're missing out. It's simple and fun, and you don't have to worry if you're not sure what to say -- there's a great script to follow.
And if folks like you take advantage of it, the call tool will play a key role in winning this election.
These last two weeks are all about turning voters out to the polls, plain and simple, and the call tool is your way to do that right from the couch or kitchen table. With a bunch of key states already voting -- including yours -- there's literally no time to waste.
So sign up for a call shift to get out the vote for President Obama:
http://my.barackobama.com/Call-Tool-Shifts
Or, start making those 13 -- or more -- calls right now:
http://my.barackobama.com/Start-Calling-Now
Thanks for doing this -- I'm not kidding when I say every single conversation matters.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

DavidM wrote:
That's right, he is standing by what his says because it is how he believes. He has a right to say it. How many times has people tried to cover up what Obama believes in or has said? But sense this is a republican, that makes a hell of a difference. He still has my vote.
Only a woman-hating MISOGYNIST like Mourdock would say something as disgusting as that to begin with. Since Romney refused to drop this idiot, he can't honestly claim to be a "moderate" anymore.

I'll VOTE FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA on November 6th, no matter how many right-wing kooks like you whine about it.
Linda Bledsoe

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Mourdock has trouble distinguishing his job from his religion and that is dangerous, especially for a politician. Do I think he condones rape? Absolutely not, but I do believe he said something very stupid and it will probably cost him the election. We are judged on our actual words and actions, not what we "meant" to say or do.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Linda Bledsoe wrote:
Mourdock has trouble distinguishing his job from his religion and that is dangerous, especially for a politician. Do I think he condones rape? Absolutely not, but I do believe he said something very stupid and it will probably cost him the election. We are judged on our actual words and actions, not what we "meant" to say or do.
I think we have the right to demand of our politicins that their policies be governed by reason, not by some scizophrenic messages from "God".
harry

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

He is one sick dude and he has just tipped many of us to vote straight democrat. The repugs ate cuckoo!
harry

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Linda Bledsoe wrote:
Yes he is crazy
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Blue collar biochemist wrote:
I find it amazing that we allow people who believe in fairytales to run our country. No wonder our nation is sliding behind the rest of the developed world in education.
One believeing in fairytales would believe in a blue collar biochemist. When those that believed in fairytales ran the country, at least we had some common moral ground. If we are falling behind the rest of the cilivized world, it is because of failure of education to educate.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

harry wrote:
He is one sick dude and he has just tipped many of us to vote straight democrat. The repugs ate cuckoo!
Is there such a thing as a strait democrat? Just askin.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a woman-hating MISOGYNIST like Mourdock would say something as disgusting as that to begin with. Since Romney refused to drop this idiot, he can't honestly claim to be a "moderate" anymore.
I'll VOTE FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA on November 6th, no matter how many right-wing kooks like you whine about it.
Misogynist, only a word a Califorinian would use. People whom understand what he was trying to say will still vote for him, and it is certainly your right to vote for, in my opinion, the loser of your choice.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think we have the right to demand of our politicins that their policies be governed by reason, not by some scizophrenic messages from "God".
People that are voted into office, in theory, represent the people that elect them. They are still people that have beliefs, and standards good, or bad. He was stating his belief, I do not believe he said he heard from God.
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

" I like raping people." Willard M. Romoney
i knee 2 fart

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Ken wrote:
He is one sick duck. He is a laughing stock of evil and he will make all hoosier look stupid.
do U vote for him T-bond!!! ;-000000
i knee 2 fart

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is crazy
guessing watta!! Dick Lugar is his writing teacher!!! ;-00000h, thx Dick ;-000
i knee 2 fart

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

DavidM wrote:
Dick lugar is his first cousin!! ;-000
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
Misogynist, only a word a Califorinian would use. People whom understand what he was trying to say will still vote for him, and it is certainly your right to vote for, in my opinion, the loser of your choice.
I think plenty of women all across the country would call Mourdock a misogynist, because his BACKWARD statements about women and rape have exposed him as such. He's probably lost a lot of votes from women, and he has only HIMSELF to blame.

You can call Democrats "losers" all you want, it makes no difference to me. I'll still VOTE FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA on November 6th.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

So he is sick but those who suck out little babies are normal?
harry wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Abortion Forum right now

Search the Abortion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr not a playa1965 303,333
Abortion in cases of rape: New rifts in old debate 16 hr lolol 5
=1-6=m0nth bel0w= 19 hr Miss Jenny 14
ABORTION in the philippines. 19 hr Miss Jenny 10
affordable meds. 19 hr Miss Jenny 7
pampalaglag (Apr '13) 19 hr Miss Jenny 40
abortion 19 hr Miss Jenny 8
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Tue Bitner 1,306
•••